Zhang LiYin (Girls’ Generation) Facts
- Ex-Project Group S.M. The Ballad
- Ex-K-Pop Group: Girls’ Generation (Pre Debut)
- Instruments: Violin and piano.
- Voice type: Mezzo-soprano.
- Education: Sichuan Conservatory of Music
- She is the daughter of violinist parents.
- She opened her Weibo account on November 22, 2010.
- She cares about the environment and animals.
- Sang with Han Geng at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.
- Participated in the “Descendants of the Dragon concert”, which was organized by the renowned actor Jackie Chan.
- She is the first foreigner to win the Best Solo Artist Award at the Mnet Asian Music Awards.
- For the videos of the song “Timeless” they perform Siwon from Super Junior and Han Geng former member of the same group.
- Her songs Timeless and I Will were #1 hits in different music charts.
- She was to make her debut in Girls’ Generation in 2005. she shared a room with Taeyeon and Tiffany Young from Girls Generation and also with Go Ah Ra she is an actress from the same company, whom she said in an interview was one of her closest friends when she was training in Korea.
- After more than 3 years away from the music industry, she returned as a leading member of the second generation of the group S.M. The Ballad in which she sings the Chinese version of the song “Breath” together with Chen from EXO
- The second track of their single “Agape” titled “Back Then” is a cover of Hu Xia’s song “Those Years”, which is the theme song of the movie “You Are the Apple of My Eye”.
- In April 2017, she disclosed that her contract with SM Entertainment had expired and decided not to renew it in order to continue her career in China.
Known as the “Chinese BoA”, she is the first (and so far the only) Chinese solo artist in the South Korean music industry. She traveled to Korea at the age of 13 under the watchful eye of producer Lee Soo Man, to begin her training in the music industry. SM Entertainment she is able to speak Mandarin Chinese, her native language, and Korean, so she has released singles in both languages. she has also received lessons from a Chinese speaker in intonation and pronunciation with the aim of softening her native accent (as the Sichuan accent is usually stronger than the common accent in the provinces).
She was selected as the best among 10 singers in a National singing competition in Shanghai when she was a child.
After almost 5 years since her last official solo release, Zhang Li Yin returns with her third single titled “Agape”, released on August 2. The title song, which bears the same name, is a ballad accompanied by a piano melody that aims to bring comfort to the people who suffered from the 2008 earthquake in Sichuan, her hometown. Zhang Li Yin said, “In this song are my true feelings for my hometown. Let love live forever!” She also participated in the lyrics of the song.
Zhang LiYin (Girls’ Generation) Collaborations
- 2011: The First Noel (Winter SMTown – The Warmest Gift)
- 2007: Oh Holy Night (Winter SMTown – Only love)
- 2007: Under The sea (Summer SMTown – Fragile) – besides other artists of SMTown
- 2006: Heaven (Winter SMTown – Snow Dream)
- SM Town Live World Tour IV (2014-2015)
- SM Town Live World Tour III (2012-2013)
- SHINee : SHINee World (2011)
- SM Town Live ’10 World Tour (2010-2011)
- Super Junior : Super Show (2009)
- SM Town Live ’08 (2008-2009)
- SM Town Summer Concert (2007)
- TVXQ (DBSK) “O” The 2nd Asia Tour (2007)
Zhang LiYin (Girls’ Generation) Awards
Zhang LiYin (Girls’ Generation) Radio Programs
- (MBC) Idol True Colors (C-Radio) (11.10.2014)
- (MBC) Idol True Colors (C-Radio) (18.03.2014)
Zhang LiYin (Girls’ Generation) TV Programs
- (SZMG) The Generation Show (2014)
- (HBS) Laugh Out Loud (2014)
- (AHBC) Mad for Music (2014)
- (SMG) Immortal Song 2 (Chinese ver.) (2014)
- (HBS) The Lantern Festival (2014)
- (HBS) Day Day Up (2010)
- (GRT) Star (2008)
- (HBS) Yue Ce Yue Kai Xin (2008)
- (JSBC) Super Star (2008)
Zhang LiYin (Girls’ Generation) TV Drama’s
- 2007: Oh Holy Night – theme for Dear my Love