YOONA (Girls’ Generation) Facts
- KPop group: Girls’ Generation
- Position: Rapper, Dancer and Vocalist.
- Sub-Unit Oh!GG
- Position Vocalist, Dancer, Rapper and Maknae.
- Daeyoung High School (Graduate)
- Dongguk University School of Theater Drama (Graduate)
- Casting: 2002 SM Saturday Open Casting Audition.
- Training period: 5 years and 2 months.
- Fanclub YoonAdicts
- Languages Korean (native language), Japanese (Intermediate), Chinese (Fluent) and English (Basic).
- Favorite color blue, White, Yellow and Black.
- Favorite food: Korean, Japanese, pizza and pork intestines.
- Motto: “Be confident in everything.”
- Religion: Christian
- Her mother abandoned her when she was 3 years old, so she was raised by her older sister and father.
- In 2002, while in sixth grade, she won first place in SM Entertainment’s public audition to become a trainee. Her audition song was “I beg you” by Wax, while in dance she danced to “Oops!… I Did It Again” by Britney Spears.
- During the controversy over entertainment companies’ “slave contracts” it was revealed that Yoona signed a contract with SM Entertainment for 13 years. Since SM Entertainment could not avoid public pressure on the issue, it voluntarily revised its content again before the FTC’s correction order was removed. As a result, the expiration date of Yoona’s contract was corrected from 2020 to 2014.
- She has performed community service in different parts of the world, being reported by the people who received the help and not by Yoona herself, since she prefers not to profit from goodwill.
- She has been a sponsor of the humanitarian organization World Vision
- In 2010, she participated in the “Star Hand Printing Charity Auction”.
- In 2012 it was revealed on HOP TV that she sponsors a child in Africa through an aid program.
- It was revealed that she donated 20 million won to Dream Heart in December 2012
- In December 2014, she became a public relations envoy for UNICEF, in addition she applied for regular sponsorship.
- She donated 10 million won in December 2014 to the charity concert to eliminate blindness.
- In December 2014, she sponsored 30 million won for a struggling neighborhood in Jung-gu. Yoona is said to sponsor low-income families every year.
- In January 2015, I joined the “Senior Donor Honor Society.” Yoon A has been helping low-income people throughout the year by sharing every year since 2010.
- 2015, became a model taxpayer.
- In August 2015, Yoona was selected by 26 interns to share her experiences with the Blue House at a lunch meeting. The reason for the selection is because Yoona has been supporting foreign children since 2010.
- In 2010, she became the first idol to endorse S-Oil, a large South Korean oil and refining company.
- In 2012, Yoona was appointed Honorary Ambassador of Jung-gu, Seoul.
- In 2012, there was a report in the Chinese media with alleged revealing pictures that PSY and Yoona were having an affair. SM said it was a ridiculous rumor with no corresponding value. Yoona then mentioned this story on Happy Together. “I have never met PSY in the past, I was so sorry to have been reported in a Hong Kong newspaper. i am so sorry, really for her wife; If it was a scandal, it might have been okay, but this was reported as an affair with a man who had a family. it was so random i couldn’t believe it.”; the alleged revealing pictures were actually taken during the taping of the popular SBS variety show ” Running Man ” and that the man who was supposedly PSY was actually the designated cameraman for her during the hide-and-seek mission.
- In 2012, she appeared in at least 20 commercials and ranked fifth among celebrities with the most commercial appearances by TVCF, South Korea’s largest advertising information site.
- March 3, 2013, Song Seung Heon and she were selected as model contributors and received the presidential awards. The ceremony The 49th Taxpayers’ Day was held at the COEX auditorium in Samsun-dong.
- On December 31, 2013, she confirmed in a statement that she was in a relationship with actor and singer Lee Seung Gi since September of the same year. On August 13, 2015, it was confirmed that after almost two years later, they ended the relationship. According to the source, the two broke up due to their busy schedules, SM Entertainment, Yoona’s representative agency, also confirmed the breakup adding that they ended amicably.
- In 2014, Yoona and Min Ho were named ambassadors for UNICEF’s “UNIHERO” campaign, which aims to invite people to become heroes for less fortunate children around the world.
- On February 24, 2015, Yoona received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Dongguk University. In addition to receiving her degree, Yoona was honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award for being an outstanding student.
- In 2015, Yoona and Song Seung Heon she has also received presidential praise for faithfully paying her taxes.
- YoonA’s aegyo on Weekly Idol became trending throughout 2015 after SNSD went on the show in mid-August. So famous was her aegyo that, on subsequent Weekly Idol shows that groups like Red Velvet, CNBLUE, BEG, GOT7, NCT127, among others had to imitate her.
- September 27, 2016 during tvN’s variety program, “Taxi” YoonA shared about her early days as an actress, recalling, “When I first entered my agency, before I officially debuted as a Girls’ Generation member, I went to over 200 auditions. It was not only for dramas and movies, but also for commercials. There were few roles that I got and filmed. But after many auditions, you start to develop character and more confidence.”
- She participated in the video ‘Again and Again’ together with Jang Geun Suk.
- It is rumored that although Jessica is no longer part of Girls’ Generation while Yoona is still in contact with her, some fans who were on the set of the drama Yoona starred in China claimed to have overheard them talking on the phone.
- She has said that she is more confident dancing and acting than singing.
- When all 9 members were trainees, Yoona was the one who was already working in different CFs so she decided to divide her money among the 9 members so that they would not come home with nothing.
- She came first in the list of the most attractive visuals of girl groups made by Pops in Seoul beating visuals of great beauty and renown such as Tzuyu from TWICE (#5), Krystal from F (x) (#4), Irene from Red Velvet (#3) and Suzy from Miss A (#2).
- It was rumored that she was in a relationship with Ji Chang Wook her co-star in the drama The K2 the rumors were denied by both companies.
- In 2016, Forbes magazine ranked Yoona as one of Asia’s most influential “30 under 30” celebrities in entertainment and sports.
- In 2016, Yoona participated in Crocs’ “Come As You Are” campaign as one of the global ambassadors.
- In 2018, Yoona was appointed as a safety ambassador for the Central Council Campaign for Safe Culture, and pledged to promise safety measures and eradication of dangerous activities such as speeding and illegal parking that prevents fire trucks from entering.
- On November 9, 2018, she was chosen as a talent ambassador for the International Film Festival & Awards Macau (IFFAM). Also U.S. actor Nicolas Cage and Hong Kong star Aaron Kwok.
- On February 28, 2019, she was appointed as the brand ambassador of Michael Kors outlet at Lotte Department Store in Korea.
Yoona was born on May 30, 1990 in Seoul, South Korea. In 2002, Yoona joined SM Entertainment through SM Saturday Open Casting Audition, in which she sang “Please” by WAX, and danced “Oops!… I did it again” by Britney Spears and “Valenti” by BoA. Since joining the agency, she was put to train with other trainees in different areas such as singing, acting and dancing, her training period lasted 5 years and 2 months. Before her official debut in the industry, Yoona appeared in several music videos of various SM Entertainment groups such as: “Magic Castle” by TVXQ in 2004, “U” by Super Junior and “My Everything” by The Grace in 2006.
Yoona made her acting debut in 2007 with the drama Two Outs in the Ninth Inning.
In 2008 she participated in the drama Woman of Matchless Beauty and in the same year, she had her first starring role in the daily drama You Are My Destiny achieving important recognition in the acting field.
In 2009, YoonA starred in the drama Cinderella Man alongside Kwon Sang Woo.
In 2012, YoonA returned to acting through Love Rain, which she starred in alongside Jang Keun Suk. The drama began airing on March 26, 2012 on KBS2.
In mid-2012, YoonA participates in SM Town’s biopic called I AM.
In late 2013, YoonA starred in Prime Minister and I alongside Lee Beom Soo. The drama was produced by SM C&C, and premiered on December 9, 2013 via KBS2.
2016 Single for SM Station “Deoksugung Stonewall Walkway”, First Mini Album ‘ Chino “Bloosom”‘
March 9, 2016, SM Entertainment reported that the following artist will participate in the project SM Station sera YoonA with the digital single ‘Deoksugung Stonewall Walkway’. will be attended by the members of 10cm and will be released on March 11 through various music sites.
On July 29, 2016, it was reported that Yoona will release a Chinese digital mini album on July 31, titled ‘Bloosom’, which& is composed of 3 songs.
2017: Single for SM Station “When The Wind Blows”.
On September 8, 2017 Yoona released the new single “When the Wind Blows, is an acoustic ballad song with soft guitar sounds, featuring YoonA’s charming voice. It has Chinese version, YoonA participated in writing the lyrics, and the music video shows her recalling some memories of a lover.
2018: I’m back with the single “TO YOU.”
On May 13, 2018 Yoona released the new single “To You “, The song was created during the show “Hyori’s Homestay 2”, when Lee Sang Soon composed the song and YoonA wrote the lyrics. The acoustic ballad shows images of Jeju Island scenery, and the lyrics express memories of YoonA’s time with Lee Hyori, Lee Sang Soon and the homestay guests.
2019: Special Album “A Walk To Remember”.
May 23, 2019 SM Entertainment reported that Yoona will release a special album titled “A Walk To Remember”. The title song “Summer Night” will be a ballad in collaboration with the artist “20 Years of Age” and will be fully available on May 30.
YOONA (Girls’ Generation) Advertisement
- Hyundai Department Store (2021)
- Today House (2021)
- Estee Lauder (2020-2021)
- Jigott (2020-2021)
- Lay’s (2019)
- Pandora (2018-2021)
- Hyundai Duty Free (2018-2021)
- DB Insurance (2018-2021)
- Ragnarok M Eternal Love (2018, game, with Seo Kang Joon)
- Max Mara Seoul Coat (2017)
- Hanssem Vacuum Blender (2017)
- Crocs (2017, shoes)
- God Of War – Zhao ZI Long (2016, mobile/web game).
- H:CONNECT (2015-2017)
- UNIHERO (2015)
- SK TelecomlTE (2012, with About, Min Ho, Kyu Hyun, Si Won, Seo Hyun and EXO )
- Innisfree (2011-2019)
- Sanyo Eneloop
- Teun Teun English ‘Follow Me
- Elite (with SS501 )
- Sunkist Lemonade (with Hee Chul & Kang In )
- Solar-C Vitamin
- Clean & Clear (with Kim So Eun)
- Caribbean Bay (with 2PM )
- Eider Korea (with Lee Min Ho )
- Ciba Vision’s Dailies and FreshLook
- Alcon’s Contact Lens Care (Taiwan)
- Elite Uniform (with 2PM )
- Elite Uniform
YOONA (Girls’ Generation) Music
- Yoona – When the Wind Blows (2017)
- 2014 Prime Minister & I “Yoona & I”.
- July 26 – Bangkok, Thailand – Siam Pavalai Royal Grand Hotel
- 2016 Blossom 1st Fanmeet in China
- Jun 25 – Beijing, China – Beijing Olympic Sports Center Gymnasium
- July 2nd – Guangzhou, China – Guangzhou Gymnasium Hall 2
- July 24 – Chongqing, China –chongqing People’s Auditorium
- July 30 – Shanghai, China – International Gymnastic Center
- 2017 The K2
- January 23 – Taipei, Taiwan – National Taiwan University Sports Center
- april 23 – Tokyo, Japan – Saitama Omiya Sonic City
- 2018 So Wonderful Day #Story_1
- May 20 – Seoul, South Korea – Sejong University Daeyang Hall
- July 7 – Bangkok, Thailand – Thunder Dome
- July 13 – Tokyo, Japan – Nakano Sun Plaza Hall
- July 15 – Osaka, Japan – NHK Osaka Hall
- 4 August – Hong Kong, Hong Kong – Asia World Expo Hall 11
- 28 September – Singapore, Singapore – [email protected]
- 11 November – Taipei, Taiwan – Taipei International Convention Center
YOONA (Girls’ Generation) Drama
- Big Mouth (tvN, 2022)
- Hush (jTBC, 2020-2021)
- The King Loves (MBC, 2017)
- The K2 (tvN, 2016)
- Wu Shen Zhao Zi Long (Hunan TV, 2016)
- Because It’s The First Time (OnStyle, 2015) Cameo Ep.1
- Summer Love (2015)
- The Prime Minister and I (KBS2, 2013-2014)
- Love Rides the Rain (KBS, 2012)
- Cinderella Man (MBC, 2009)
- You’re My Destiny (KBS, 2008)
- Woman of Matchless Beauty, Park Jung Kum (MBC, 2008)
- 9 End 2 Outs (MBC, 2007)
YOONA (Girls’ Generation) Musicals
- School OZ (2015, Cameo)
YOONA (Girls’ Generation) Films
- Happy New Year (2022)
- Cooperation 2 (2021)
- Miracle: Letters to the President (2021)
- Exit (2019)
- Goodbye Ani (2017)
- Cooperation (2017)
- SMTOWN The Stage (2015)
- I AM (2012)
- SMTOWN Live in Tokyo Special Edition (2012)
YOONA (Girls’ Generation) Awards
YOONA (Girls’ Generation) TV Programs
- Running Man (SBS, 2019) Ep. 460
- Hyori’s Home Stay 2 (jTBC, 2018)
- Happy C& (Hunan TV, 2016)
- Running Man (SBS, 2015) Ep. 254
- Disney Channel Mickey Mouse Club (2015) with SMROOKIES
- The Return of Superman (2014) with Girls’ Generation
- Healing C& (2014) with Girls’ Generation
- Sketchbook (2014) with Girls’ Generation
- Girls’ Generation and Dangerous Boys (2011 – 2012)
- Running Man (SBS, 2011) Ep. 39, 63-64
- Family Outing 2 (2010)
- Horror Movie Factory (2009)
- Hello Baby! (2009)
- TV S Diary (2009)
- Star Golden Bell (2009)
- Family Outing (2009)
- Factory Girl (2008)
- Hi-5 (2008)
- Free Time (2008)
- Miraculous Victory (2008)
- Happy Shares Company (2008)
- Star Golden Bell (2007)
- MTV Girls’ Generation (2007)
- MNet Girls Go To School (2007)
YOONA (Girls’ Generation) TV Drama’s
- Amazing Grace theme for The K2 (2016)