Yong Jun Hyung Facts
- EX-Kpop Group HIGHLIGHT
- Previous name: B2ST / BEAST
- Position Rapper, Vocalist and Dancer.
- Ex-Kpop Group Xing.
- Number of fanclub: Jesters.
- Debut: 2006.
- Hobbies Writing songs, watching movies, dancing.
- Specialty: Composition, rap and dance.
- Education Anyang Arts High School.
- Religion Christian
- He was the first to debut with the group Xing and rapped for AJ in the song “Wiping the Tears”.
- He is a former member of the male group Xing Opera in the group he had the nickname “Poppin Dragon”.
- He was part of the program “Star Guide Doshiraku” together with his partner Yo Seob mC Lee Hyukjae.
- In the album “Hit Your Heart” by 4MINUTE his composer side was noted.
- JunHyung revealed in “Star Golden Bell” that he had gotten the nickname “Nose-Picking idol” among fans because he had the habit of touching his nose.
- Junhyung asked if cursing was allowed on MTV.
- He never counted his number of ex-girlfriends.
- Because he is a rapper, Junhyung thinks people forget that he can be cute and discreet.
- For his perfect date, Junhyung needs a bowling ball, a car, money and something nice to wear.
- He cannot stand to be separated from the members for more than a week. He must always be with them.
- He likes the way there is enough space for all members to eat, interact and communicate with each other.
- His real birth name is Yong Jae Soon (용재순), but in 6th grade he changed his name to Yong Jun Hyung as, according to him, it caused him a lot of stress. He changed his name and admitted that he had not even told his classmates out of embarrassment.
- He is part of the group of friends Chocoball together with Kim Hee Chul from Super Junior, Lee Hong Gi and Choi Jong Hun from FTISLAND Simon D from Supreme Team the actor Jang Geun Suk, Mithra Jin from Epic High among other actors and idols.
- Jang Geun Suk , chose him as his best friend and even posted a photo on Instagram dedicated to him where he referred to Junhyung as his “little brother”.
- He is a former apprentice of JYP Entertainment where he learned to improve his dancing and singing skills.
- After many collaborations, Junhyung released his solo single on February 2, 2012, titled “Living Without You”. It is Junhyung’s first solo release since his debut. There he presents his great skills with rapping and as a songwriter.
- In the program “Good Morning” (from SBS) revealed the idols with the highest number of royalty income, among which Jun Hyung is in the 3rd place, being surpassed by Kang Ta (2nd place) and G-Dragon (During the program, JunHyung was asked if the royalties for his compositions were a considerable amount, to which he replied, “To the point of being overwhelming.”
- Gave name to the group Trouble Maker in which his ex-groupmate is found, HyunSeung and HyunA.
- It is said that the female version of it in rap is LE of the group EXID created by Cube composer Shinsandong Tiger.
- The reason he has tattoos is not because of a particular style. He just wanted them.
- He composed and produced the first mini-album by his bandmate Yoseob as a soloist, entitled “The First Collage”.
- He is addicted to coca-cola.
- On March 27, 2013, both companies, such as the one in Goo Ha Ra and Junhyung’s “Cube Entertainment”, confirmed the couple’s separation. Their relationship had been confirmed in June 2011. It is said that the breakup happened due to the short time they had to be together. Their breakup was also confirmed when they both unfollowed each other on Twitter.
- He is the only one of the group without biceps.
- In the first episode of “Showtime: Burning The Beast”, he confessed for the first time that he suffers from a type of color blindness. The other members were surprised by the confession, since only they knew about his condition until that moment.
- In the second episode he revealed his home, but it was unintentionally, so the other members arrived with gifts.
- His favorite part is his arms.
- His favorite color is black.
- He bears a strong resemblance to the actor Park Seo Joon
- His favorite machine at Amusement Park is Swings.
- The song he always chooses (or one of them) in karaoke is QUEEN by Son Dambi.
- He said he wants to collaborate with IU he feels that even though he is very young, he works with a lot of passion.
- He does not like to be ignored.
- His parents raised him as a neat freak.
- BEAST’s mini-album ‘Time’ contains a total of 6 songs: ‘Drive’, ‘It’s a Good Thing’, ‘Close My Eyes’, ‘Stay’ and ‘So Hot’ along with ’12:30′. Five of the six songs were composed and produced by Good Life team Junhyung and Kim Tae Joo.
- On April 6, 2016, he participated in Weekly Idol as a friend of Super Junior’s Heechul, with whom he claimed to have been friends for 6 years. They met through Simon D.
- On May 06, 2016, he held his first solo mini concert in Hongdae, in a small stadium as he wanted to spend time with his fans (in a closer and more “intimate” way) and talk to them.
- During his concert, many friends were with him. Attendees included fellow BEAST member Dongwoon, his co-producer Kim Tae Joo, rapper Heize, musician Davii, CLC and members of Pentagon.
- JunHyung revealed that he did not invite any acquaintances to his concert, not even BEAST members. Only Dongwoon showed up to support him, despite Yoseob’s insistence that he should not go (because they were not formally invited).
- On March 11, 2019, Around Us Entertainment agency announced that Yong Jun Hyung will enlist in April.
- On March 14, 2019, via a post on his Instagram account, he announced his departure from HIGHLIGHT after admitting to having been involved in private conversations with Jung Joon Young where he shared pictures and videos of girls taken on the sly without any permission. In the statement of his departure, he said, “I did not receive a video (from Jung Joon Young) at that time, but I did receive a video in a different instance. Also, I participated in inappropriate conversations about it. All these actions were very immoral, and I was a fool. I treated it like it was not a big deal without thinking that it is a crime and an illegal act, and it is also my fault for not firmly restraining (Jung Joon Young).I do not want more harm to be done to my fans and members who must have felt disappointed by my cause, so I will leave Highlight group as of March 14, 2019.I will live while reflecting on myself over and over. Once again, I sincerely apologize.”
- He enlisted in the Military Service on April 2, 2019. In September 2020, it was released that he is serving his military service as a public servant since June 2020 after having received surgery on his knee when he was injured during one of the trainings.
Yong Jun Hyung (born December 19, 1989), also known as (formerly) Poppin’ Dragon or Joker, is a South Korean idol, singer, rapper, songwriter, and dancer. He is a member and lead rapper of the popular boyband HIGHLIGHT under the Around US Entertainment label.
Originally, JunHyung’s name was Yong Jae Soon, however, in 6th grade he changed it, as his classmates were teasing him.
He was a member of the boy band “Xing”, together with Kevin Woo during this period he was known as Poppin’ Dragon.
JunHyung has collaborated as a rapper with numerous artists, such as his former agency partners, HyunA and “Change” and G.NA on “Kkeojyeo Julge Jar Sara” (trans. I’ll Back Off So You Can Live Better). Young Jee on “Crazy, that’s what love is”, Navi on “Go Back”, Wheesung on “Words That Freeze My Heart”, among others.
Yong Jun Hyung Collaborations
- Sanchez – Mesmerised (Feat. Yong Jun Hyung) (2017)
- Kriesha Chu – 너였으면 해 (Feat. Yong Jun Hyung) (Prod. by Yong Jun Hyung, Kim Tae Ju) (2017).
- Heat – Don’t Come Back (Feat. Yong Jun Hyung from BEAST ) (2016)
- Lee Ki Kwang – Wipe the Tears (Feat. Doo Joon & JunHyung) (2015)
- MFBTY – Let It Go (Feat. Yong Jun Hyung from BEAST ) (2015)
- Park Shin Hye – My Dear (Feat. Yong Jun Hyung de BEAST ) (2014)
- Megan Lee – 8dayz (Feat. Yong Jun Hyung from BEAST ) (2014)
- Kim Jae Joong – Don’t Walk Away (Feat. Yong Jun Hyung from BEAST ) (2013)
- Lyn – Breakable Heart (Feat. Yong Jun Hyung de BEAST ) (2013)
- Yang Yo Seob – Caffeine (Feat. Yong Jun Hyung en BEAST ) (2012)
- Natthew – She’s Bad (Feat. Yong Jun Hyung) (2012)
- A Pink – Up In The Sky (Feat. Yong Jun Hyung de BEAST ) (2012)
- Eru – Hate You (Feat. Yong Jun Hyung from BEAST ) (2012)
- G.NA – I’ll Get Lost, You Go Your Way (Feat. Yong Jun Hyung) (English ver.) (2012)
- Baek Ji Young – Good Boy (Feat. Yong Jun Hyung de BEAST ) (2012)
- Prepix – What I See (Feat. Yong Jung Hyung, Beenzino, ESNa ) (2012)
- ALi – Don’t Act Foolish (Feat. Yong Jun Hyung) (2011)
- Kim Wan Sun – Be quiett (Feat. Yong Jun Hyung) (2011)
- HyunA – A Bitter Day (Feat. Yong Jun Hyung &. G.NA ) (2011)
- 015B – Silly Boy (Feat 4MINUTE Yong Jun Hyung of BEAST ) (Answer Song For Love OF People, 1993) (2011)
- Realslow – The Hearbreaking Story (Feat. Yong Jun Hyung de BEAST ) (2011)
- Navi – Go Back Again (Feat. Yong Jun Hyun de BEAST ) (2011)
- LEXY – 미쳐야 사랑이지 (Feat. Gummy & Yong Jun Hyung of BEAST ) (2010)
- Young Ji – It’s a Crazy Love (Feat. Yong Jun Hyung) (2010)
- Faddy Robot Foundation – Faddy Robot (Feat Vasco, Verbal Jint Lee Sang Chul, Outsider JunHyung, JooSuk, HyunA, Zico (2010)
- G.NA – I’ll Get Lost, You Go Your Way (Feat. Yong Jun Hyung) (2010)
- HyunA – Change (Feat. Yong Jun Hyung by BEAST ) (2010)
Yong Jun Hyung Music
Yong Jun Hyung Drama
- Coffee, Please (Channel A, 2018)
- Monstar (tvN – Mnet, 2013)
- Salamander Guru and the Shadows (SBS, 2012) Cameo
- High Kick Through The Roof (MBC, 2009) Cameo
Yong Jun Hyung Films
- Welcome Back to Beast Airline (2012)
Yong Jun Hyung TV Programs
- It’s Dangerous Beyond The Blankets (MBC, 2017)
- King of Mask Singer,episodes 105-106 (MBC, 2017) along with. Yoon Doo Joon
- Hitmaker (MBC Every1, 2017).
- PENTAGON Maker (Mnet, 2016)
- Happy Together (KBS2, 2016) with HyunA
- Law of the Jungle in Samoa (SBS, 2015)
- Show Time season 2, 2014 (MBC)
- Let’s Go! Dream Team Season 2 (KBS2, 2012)
- Invincible Youth 2 (KBS2 Show, 2012)
- Win Win (KBS2 Show, 2012)
- 2012 Idol Star Athletics Championships (MBC, 2012)
- 1 vs. 100 (KBS2, 2011)
- Exciting Cube TV (MNET Japan. Show, 2011)
- 2010 Idol Star Athletics Championships (MBC, 2010)
- Star Guide Doshiraku
Yong Jun Hyung TV Drama’s
- Don’t Hesitate theme for Encounter (2018)
- Nightmare (together with Ga Yoon ) theme for Yong Pal (2015)
- Past Days (besides BTOB & Ha Yeon Soo) theme for Monstar (2013)
- After Time Passes (besides BTOB ) subject for Monstar (2013)
- First Love (besides BTOB ) theme for Monstar (2013)
Yong Jun Hyung Music Videos
- “Wipe the Tears” – AJ (Lee Ki Kwang ) ft.& Doo Joon && JunHyung.
- “I’ll Get Lost, You Go Your Way” -& G.NA &ft. JunHyung.
- “Change” -& HyunA &Ft. JunHyung.
- “Let’s Go” – G20.
- “Be Quiet” – Kim Wan Sun Ft. JunHyung
- “Hello” – Huh Gak
- “Told You I Wanna Die” – Huh Gak
- “Close Ur Mourth” – M&D
- “Words That Freeze My Heart” -& Wheesung &ft. JunHyung.
- “Good Boy” -& Baek Ji Young &ft. JunHyung.
- “I Hate You” -& Eru &ft. JunHyung.
- “She’s Bad” -& Natthew &ft. JunHyung.
- “Caffeine” -& Yo Seob &ft. JunHyung.
- “You Got Some Nerve -& LE,& Feeldog && JunHyung.
- “너에게만 반응해 (I Feel On You)” – Lee Seung-Hwang ft. Lee So Eun.
- “8dayz” -& Megan Lee (feat. Jun Hyung)