Yang HyunSuk (Seo Taiji and Boys) Facts
- Ex-K-Pop Group: Seo Taiji and Boys
- Artistic Activity 1990 – Present
- In March 2010, he revealed that he had been dating the former member of Swi.T , Enzu (11 years his junior), who is now his wife
- He comes from a wealthy family and his uncle, Kim Young Hwan, is one of the most influential politicians in Seoul.
- He collects action figures and likes to collect hats, he always wears one.
- He runs YG Entertainment together with his brother Yang Min Suk
- Threatens members of the YG Family saying, “If you come into my office without permission I’m going to shoe you.”
- In 2012, its company was declared to have $91 million, making it the second most successful entertainment company in South Korea.
- I wanted to put Mark to T.O.P as his stage name, because that is the name of his favorite guitarist.
- He says that Seung Ri reminds him a lot of him when he was young.
- Members of the YG Family always imitate him on variety shows, but he finds it funny, and has even stated that his best impersonator is Seung Ri.
- Consider the G-Dragon and Tae Yang as its closest, he says they are all his children but he claims that he practically raised them, as they both joined the company at a very young age, and he is also the members he scolds the most.
- He made T.O.P was encouraged to lose weight by rejecting him at a casting, telling him that his weight did not fit the appearance of an Idol.
- In a program he stated frankly “It’s true that the girls in 2NE1 they are not pretty.” producing laughter from the presenters, then followed “To tell you the truth, the girls of 2NE1 are not tall and don’t have the typical/normal pretty face, but most importantly, I think they are cool and cute in their own way.”
- In fact, CL once commented in Strong Heart that when they had been practicing for a concert, they didn’t wear makeup and Hyun Suk told them that they were ugly in front of all the staff but he didn’t care.
- He was chosen as one of the “Most Powerful Musicians Internationally” by Billboard Magazine. The category includes all leaders in the music business who brought about significant changes in the dynamics of the music market worldwide. This was the first time the list was made, and he was the only South Korean to be included.
- In an interview he said that he suffers from dyslexia, for that reason he has never read a book. In that interview he said that when he was a student he was given a test to find out his IQ (IQ). He said that he did not understand any of the questions and that in the results he had an IQ below 70 (well below average).
- He is a brother-in-law of Jae Jin of Sechskies as he is married to his sister.
- SeungHoon from WINNER respect him a lot, and when the group went to Weekly Idol in 2017, the members changed their name from “Lee SeungHoon” to “Yang SeungHoon.”
- This June 14, YG Entertainment founder Yang Hyun Suk stepped aside and shared an official statement on the recent controversies roaming around the agency. “I apologize to the fans who love YG and the celebrities in our agency. I also sincerely apologize to all our employees who quietly continue to do their jobs despite the barrage of criticism,” Hyun Suk said.
However, Yang Hyun Suk emphasized to deny the accusations although he limited himself to take responsibility for his company’s current situation: “I have patiently tolerated words about the current situation that are too embarrassing and humiliating to mention, words that have been said indiscriminately as if they were the truth. However, I believe it is now too difficult. I believe that there should not be a situation where YG, our agency’s celebrities and fans experience harm because of me.” “For 23 years I have dedicated half of my life and everything I had to make YG grow. I will retire from all my positions and work at YG from today. I sincerely hope that there will be no more harm to the celebrities of YG agency, whom I love, and no more harm to the fans, who love their artists, because of me,” concluded the now ex-CEO of YG. YG Entertainment
Yang Hyun Suk is a producer, composer, businessman, music executive. He became famous for being a member of the group Seo Taiji and Boys after the dissolution of the group, he founded the YG Entertainment one of the most important record companies in South Korea.