Xiumin (EXO) Facts
- Group: EXO
- Position: Vocalist, Rapper and dancer.
- Sub-Unit: EXO-CBX
- Symbol: Ice.
- Education: Master of Applied Music, Catholic University of Kwandong
- Religion: Christian.
- Training 4 years as an apprentice in SM (From 2008 to 2012).
- Some favorite artists: JJ Lin and Jay Chou.
- Rolemodels TVXQ.
- Favorite color: White, mint and orange.
- Hobbies: Singing, taekwondo, cooking, kendo, soccer & coffee.
- Nicknames Baozi, Umin, Chubby face and Mandu.
- Xiumin wanted to go to a sports college. Singing had been a hobby of his, until a friend inspired him to test his potential in a contest.
- Xiumin also tried out for JYP Entertainment’s 2nd open audition in 2008, however, he failed the audition.
- Discovered through SM Everysing’s 2008 singing contest, he entered Emerald Castle’s song “Footsteps” for the “Every-sing Contest”, organized by the agency’s affiliated karaoke company. He won second place in this contest (first place was Jino), receiving a prize of $1,000 USD and a contract as a trainee at SM Entertainment.
- Because he was overweight when he started as a trainee, during his training period Xiumin had a focus on losing weight as part of his preparation. He stated through an interview: “The training itself was not difficult. However, I love to eat, so weight loss was a struggle. “.
- In the interview to EXO in E-News, he said he does not believe in love at first sight “Rather, I would like to get to know that person well before deciding.”
- Xiumin together with a Barista created a new coffee called “Candy Pop”, after that, he showed his interest in becoming a professional barista in the future, even opening his own coffee shop.
- He ranked #9 in the Top 9 of “Idols who have the best figure” on Mnet’s ‘Super Idol Chart Show’, along with Yang Yo Seob from BEAST (2014).
- He ranked #4 in the Top 10 of “Idols who are similar” on Mnet’s Super Idol Chart Show’, comparing him to Ahn So Hee (2014).
- It ranked #6 in the Top 10 of “Movie Idol Character” on Mnet’s Super Idol Chart Show’.
- He ranked #10 in the Top 10 of “Idols that generate the most talk” on Mnet’s ‘Super Idol Chart Show’.
- Kai and Xiumin signed contracts to become Soccer players, both have the number 12.
- Attended the TVXQ concert at the Osaka Kyocera Dome (Japan) just to see the duo perform at the Osaka Kyocera Dome “Tohoshinki Live Tour 2015 ~WITH~” xiumin has previously stated that he is a fan and has pointed out to TVXQ as the superiors he most admired in the past. In the midst of the concert Changmin thanked him for coming just to see them sing.
- If he had to give himself a nickname he said “sticky rice cake? Mochi?” (T/N: Mochi means sticky rice cake in Japanese).
- During the EXO’luXion held in ChongQing on September 12 (2015) one of the stage platforms did not return to its original position, so Xiumin took a wrong step and fell into it. Despite this, Minseok fell down standing up, so he quickly got back on stage and continued the song smiling towards the fans.
- He made the opening pitch of the LG vs KIA baseball game (August 15) surprising for his good pitching ability despite never having played baseball.
- Pann article revealed that #Xiumin is No. 1 among the top 20 male idols that are popular among Korean women in the middle of the year (2015).
- He is a great coffee lover, being his favorite the American ice.
- He has been seen several times with Barça products (umbrella, several times a jacket, etc.) and said he wanted to visit Barcelona.
- On June 20, 2017 SM uploaded a video of himself from a school performance as a child to the official YouTube channel.
- In “It’s Dangerous Outside the Blanket” he got along very well with Daniel since they shared a room in the program Daniel several times said that he was adorable
- On April 9, 2019, his agency SM Entertainment announced that Xiumin will enlist as an active duty soldier on May 7. He concluded his Military Service on December 6, 2020.
- “Return: The Promise of the Day” was a musical promoted and produced by the military service.
- On August 5, 2021, his agency issued a statement announcing that Xiu Min was diagnosed with COVID-19 after taking an additional PCR test on August 4 due to symptoms of changes in his health. As a result, EXO members and members of his staff have also been tested for COVID-19 and are under quarantine while awaiting results.
Xiu Min was born in Guri, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea on March 26, 1990. He was a student at Kwandong Catholic University where he attended a seminar and gave a presentation for students in Applied Music. He learned martial arts and has a black belt in Taekwondo and Kendo. He also trained in Wushu and Fencing.
In 2008, Xiu Min, at the age of 18, won 2nd place in the SM Everysing Contest he was a trainee of the SM Entertainment for 4 years.
He was revealed in teaser number 11 along with his bandmate Kai it was originally going to be in EXO-K however, because the agency planned to have 2 sub-units of 6 members, Xiu Min had to be integrated into EXO-M.
2019: Participation in SM STATION with the Single “You”.
A teaser for the single “You” was released on April 30, which will be released on May 9 at 6 PM KST. “You” is a ballad that features Xiumin’s calm voice as he sings about being thankful for those around him and giving him strength.
Xiumin (EXO) Collaborations
- Jimin (AOA ) – Call You Bae (feat. Xiumin) (2016)
- Falling for Challenges (YouTube, 2015)
- EXO Next Door (LINE/Naver TV Cast, 2015)
Xiumin (EXO) Musicals
- Return: The Promise of the Day (2020)
- School OZ (2015)
Xiumin (EXO) Films
- Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River (2016)
Xiumin (EXO) Awards
- 2015 APAN Star Awards: CIS Webdrama (Falling for Challenges)
Xiumin (EXO) Radio Programs
- 2015: MBC Kim Shinyoung Noon’s Hope Song (25.06.2015, besides Baekhyun and Sehun)
- 2015: Park SoHyun’s Love Game (24.04.2015)
- 2015: Sukira Kiss The Radio (29.01.2015, besides Chen)
- 2014: SBS Love Game (16.03.2014)
- 2013: Shimshimtapa Radio (07.11.2013, with Lay as DJ Special)
- 2013: SBS Love Game (11/3/2013)
- 2013: KBS “Kiss The Radio” (12.09.2013, besides Kai)
- 2013: Shimshimtapa (12.07.2013 with Chanyeol as special DJ)
- 2013: SBS-Power FM Boom’s Young Street (31.05.13, besides Suho, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Chen and Tao)
Xiumin (EXO) TV Programs
- Knowing Bros (jTBC, 22.12.2018). Next to EXO except Lay )
- Life Bar (tvN, 2018)
- It’s Dangerous Beyond The Blankets (MBC, 2017)
- Knowing Bros (jTBC, 07/22/17) along with the rest of EXO minus Lay
- TV Idol Men (MBC, 2017). only in one section
- The Return of Superman (18.09.2016) together with Chen
- Traveling Withtout Our Manager (2016) with Chen
- The Mickey Mouse House Club (KST, 23.04.2015)
- Crime Scene 2 (jTBC, 04/29/2015 to 05/13/2015)
- Idol Star Championship (19 and 20.02.2015)
- The Generation Show (11.22.2014)
- MBC Idol Futsal Championship (MBC, 12.06.2014) together with Luhan
- Show! Music Core (03/08/2014) as a special MC
- Idol Star Championships (30.01.2014) together with Tao and Luhan
- Show! Music Core (Jan 04, 2014) together with Sehun as special CMs
- Show Champion (12/18/2013) together with Suho and Amber from F (x) as special CMs
- Super Star K’5′ (11/08/2013). together with Baekhyun and Chanyeol
- The human condition (10/05/2013) together with Sehun, Suho, Luhan and Kai
- Show! Music Core (09/28/2013) Special MC
- Immortal Song 2 (09/14/2013) together with Kai, Lay, Sehun, D.O, Baekhyun, Luhan and Chen
- Idol Championship (18.09.2013) together with Suho, Baekhyun, Kai, Sehun, Kris, Luhan and Tao
- Beatles Code 2 (02/09/13) together with D.O, Sehun, Lay, Suho and Baekhyun
- Y-Star God of Cookery Road (31.09.2013) together with Tao
- Immortal Song 2 (08/31/2013) together with Baekhyun, D.O, Kai, Sehun, Lay and Chen )
- Super Dog (08/17/13) together with Kris, Luhan, Suho, D.O, Baekyun and Kai
- Running Man (07/14/2013) together with Luhan
- Star King (07/06/13) together with Luhan, Suho, Baekhyun, Kai and Sehun
Xiumin (EXO) TV Drama’s
- To My One And Only You theme for Mr. Queen (2021)
- For You (together with Chen and Baekhyun ) theme for Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo (2016)
- You are the One theme for Falling for Challenges (2015)