Wooseok (UP10TION) Facts
- K-Pop Group: UP10TION
- Position: Vocalist and Dancer.
- Ex-Project Group: X1
- Position: Vocalist and Dancer.
- Fandom nIA (니아): NIA (니아). It is from begonia this perennial flower blooms all year round and is nicknamed “…”the flower that gives love. “Woo Seok wants to always give love to his fans, just as the fans are with him through the seasons like begonia flowers.
- He was the first member to be revealed of UP10TION.
- He drew all the comics that appeared at the end of each chapter of Rising UP10TION.
- He didn’t become a trainee because he wanted to be a singer. He was still figuring out what he wanted to do and had the experience of being a back-up dancer for TEEN TOP.
- The artist he admires is Park Hyo Shin.
- Woo Shin made a special presentation at ‘Music Bank’ together with Hyuk from VIXX, OOON from HALO, Cha Eun Woo from ASTRO and Hyung Won from MONSTA X covering “Man Man Ha Ni” from U-KISS.
- On June 7, 2017, the agency of UP10TION TOP Media announced that he will take a break from activities for the time being to recharge his energy due to mental health issues. They added: “Wooshin’s psychological condition has become poor due to mental stress since late last year. After consulting with Wooshin and his colleagues, it was decided that he is in need of a break for a period of time to recover and he will take this break for that.”
- March 9, UP10TION unveiled a group teaser image for “Invitation “On the same day, Wooshin released a letter to his fans in which he explained his decision to return.
- Participated in the survival program PRODUCE X 101he remained in the TOP10 throughout the competition and finished in the #2 position, which allowed him to belong to the winning group, X1
- He earned the nickname “Royal center” from the fans because he was the center in 3 of the 4 evaluations of the program, and he was also a candidate for center for the theme song and for the final group.
- While participating in PRODUCE X 101had an individual fanclub called “Jjallangdan”, because according to the fans he resembles a character called “Jjalrang” and that’s why they call him that.
- January 10, 2020, T.O.P Media announced that he would stop promoting under his stage name “Woo Shin” and start promoting under his real name.
- On February 5, he revealed that he is preparing to release his first solo album during the first half of 2020. More details will be revealed later.
- T.O.P Media had announced that it would hold a fanmeeting during the first half of 2020, however, due to the coronavirus situation in Korea, this had to be postponed twice. The company clarified that it will observe how the situation develops in order to reveal the new date.
- April 23rd T.O.P Media confirmed that the release of his album would be on May 25 and that he is currently preparing for this. On the same day the official name of his fandom was announced.
Wooseok (UP10TION) Advertisement
- WallaVU (2020)
- CLIO (2020)
- KBS Song Festival (17.12.2021)
Wooseok (UP10TION) Drama
- The Immortal (tvN, 2022)
- Twenty-Twenty (Naver TV, 2020)
Wooseok (UP10TION) Awards
Wooseok (UP10TION) TV Programs
- Idol Star Dogs Championships (MBC, 2020)
- King of Mask Singer (MBC, 2020) (Ep. 249-250) – As “Burning Friday”
- PRODUCE X 101 (Mnet, 2019)
- Game Show (SBS, 2017)
- The Show (SBS MTV, 2016-2017) MC together with Somifrom I.O.I
- Chuseok Idol Chef King Special (MBC, 2016)
- Wooseok’s Unboxing (2020)