Woodz (UNIQ) Facts
- K-Pop Group: UNIQ
- Position: Rapper, Vocalist and Dancer.
- Ex-Project Group: X1
- Position: Vocalist, Rapper and Dancer.
- Languages Korean (Native Language), English (Advanced), Mandarin (Intermediate) and Portuguese (Intermediate).
- Education: Hanlim Multi Art High School (Graduated in 2016) and Global Cyber University (Department of Communication and Entertainment).
- Specialties: Soccer, B-box, krump, piano, guitar, tumbling, chainsticks.
- Hobbies: Playing video games, exercising, walking down the street, buying things, drinking coffee
- Instruments: Piano and Guitar.
- He was the third member to be revealed.
- He participated playing soccer in the Idol Star Athletics Championship 2015.
- He made it to the third round of Show Me The Money 5.
- Participated in the survival program PRODUCE X 101 and was ranked #5, making it into the project group of this program, X1.
- He is the first participant of all the seasons of PRODUCE 101 Korean companies that maintained a steady growth in their rankings.
- At MelOn his name was changed from WOODZ to Cho Seung Youn in the credits of his songs because while he is on X1 will promote under its original name
- In 2020 he was selected as the first male model for the beauty brand Cledbel.
Woodz (UNIQ) Career
Born on August 05, 1996 in Gyeonggido, South Korea, he lived in Brazil, the Philippines and the U.S. He moved to the Philippines as an international student and then to the U.S. to familiarize himself with the language. In Brazil, he lived in Sao Paulo and used the name Luizinho, playing professional soccer and being part of “The Corinthians Paulista Junior Team” soccer team as a defender. However, during his stay in Brazil, he became passionate about music and returned to Korea, where he attended multiple auditions, finally being accepted into YG Entertainment and becoming a trainee for 1.5 years before being chosen as a member of project group UNIQ, a collaboration between YueHua Entertainment and YG Entertainment, which he would actively promote in both China and South Korea.
Debut with UNIQ
On October 16, 2014, Seung Youn made his UNIQ debut with the song Falling In Love on Mnet M! Countdown in South Korea. He also had his debut in China on November 25 of the same year.
In 2015 he became a member of the group M.O.L.A (Make Our Life Awesome) together with Jimin Park , Nathan, Kino (PENTAGON) and Vernon (SEVENTEEN). It is noteworthy that the group does not belong to any company or officially promote, but they are dedicated to producing music freely.
M.O.L.A released their first song ‘My Way’ on August 20, 2015, ‘Trick Or Treat’ on October 31 and ‘Chillin’ on March 23, 2017. All tracks are produced by the same members.
Show Me The Money (2016)
In 2016, Seungyoun participated in the fifth season of Show Me The Money , making it all the way to round three, where he had a 1:1 match with rapper Flowsik , losing the battle but being widely praised for his skill and talent.
Solo Debut (2016)
On July 29, 2019, Seungyoun debuted as a solo artist under the stage name Luizy, with a digital single called ‘Recipe’ in collaboration with Flowsik.
Return as Soloist (2016)
On August 14, 2016, Luizy made a comeback with a new digital single titled ‘Baby Ride’ together with BTOB’s Hyun Sik.
Unpretty Rapstar 3 (2017)
In 2017 he made a special appearance in episode 5 of the third season of Unpretty Rapstar, for the Unpretty Rapstar3 vs SMTM5 mission.
Name change and solo music release (2018)
In 2018, YueHua announced that Seungyoun would change his stage name for his solo activities to WOODZ (the name he had been using to produce music up to that point).
After that he released 3 songs: POOL (ft. Sumin) on May 12, Different on July 21 and Meaningless on November 3.
PRODUCES X 101 (2019)
Due to the indefinite hiatus in which UNIQ entered due to political tensions between Korea and China that prevented them from actively promoting, the members continued their changes separately, and on May 3, 2019, it was announced that Seungyoun would participate in the fourth season of the Mnet survival show PRODUCE X 101 although he started in the 56th position, he experienced a gradual growth and ended up in the 5th position and became a member of X1.
Debut with X1 (2019)
Seungyoun debuted on August 27, 2019 along with the other members of X1 in his first showcon at Gocheok Sky Dome with the mini-album 비상: Quantum Leap.
After controversy and rumors began to emerge regarding the debut of the X1 the group was disbanded a few months after its official debut in early 2020. Later, in November 2020, it was officially revealed to the prosecutor’s office that there was vote rigging in the program. This robbed 3 program participants of their place in the final group lineup and caused them to be unfairly eliminated.
Return to solo activities (2020 – present)
In mid-2020; on June 29, WOODZ made a comeback with his mini album EQUAL with 파랗게 (Love Me Harder) as the title track. The album featured 7 songs in total and was well received by the public.
Later that year, on November 17, he returned with his mini album WOOPS! which featured BUMP BUMP as the title track.
On March 15, 2021, he released his first single SET with the song FEEL LIKE as the title track.
Subsequently; in August 2021, he participated in the first episode of the documentary Welcome To My Baverse, where WOODZ opened up about his personal life. In that episode he talked about his struggle to become a trainee and an idol, the stress he and the other members experienced from the dissolution of X1 part of that project included the release of his first digital single LULLABY, which was released on August 27th of that year.
On October 5, he returned with his third mini-album ONLY LOVERS LEFT, a six-song piece of music with WAITING as the title track, which won first place in The Show on the 12th of the same month, giving the artist his first trophy as a soloist in a Korean music show.
Woodz (UNIQ) Collaborations
- GEMINI – MIA (Feat CAMO, WOODZ) (2021)
- Primary – Bless You (Feat Sam Kim WOODZ, pH-1 ) (2020)
- Kriz – Bad (Feat. WOODZ) (2018)
- Park Ji Min – 전화받아 (Feat. Cinema, WOODZ, 네이슨 (NATHAN)) (2018)
- KillaGramz – 파도 (Feat. WOODZ) (2018).
- EDEN – 춤 (Feat. WOODZ) (2018).
Woodz (UNIQ) Music
Woodz (UNIQ) Advertisement
- Cledbel (2020)
Woodz (UNIQ) Awards
Woodz (UNIQ) Radio Programs
- (DIVE Studios) Kpop Daebak Show (Ep. 140) (29.11.2021) (podcast)
- (MBC) Idol Radio FM4U 91.9MHz with X1 (2019)
- (MBC) Idol Radio FM4U 91.9MHz (2019)
- (KBS Cool FM) Super Junior’s Kiss The Radio ‘Sukira ‘Language and the City’ (2015)
Woodz (UNIQ) TV Programs
- PRODUCE X 101 (Mnet, 2019)
- K-pop Tour with Sungjoo (VLIVE, 2019)
- After School Club (Arirang TV, 2018) Ep.348
- Show Me The Money 6 (Mnet, 2017) Ep. 01
- Unpretty Rapstar 3 (Mnet, 2017). Ep. 05
- Lipstick Prince (OnStyle, 2016) Ep. 05
- Show Me The Money 5 (Mnet, 2016) Ep. 01-03
- “Safety First” – How to Avoid Spilling / Escaping a Kidnapping (KBS, 2015).
Woodz (UNIQ) TV Drama’s
- There For You theme for Monthly Magazine Home (2021)
Themes for TV Programs
- SUN OR SUCK theme for Transit Love (2021)
Woodz (UNIQ) Music Videos
- Park Ji Min – Hopeless Love (2015)