Tony Ahn (H.O.T.) Facts
- Ex-Kpop Group: H.O.T.
- Candy Number: 07
- Candy Color Web
- Their nicknames were Sonh Oh Ghr, Rah Myun, Bae Chu.
- When the group H.O.T disbanded, Tony An together with Jang Woo Hyuk and Lee Jae Won formed a trio called JTL. A few years after the formation of JTL, Tony An released his solo album, created his own company and started his own company. Tn Entertainment a successful school uniforms company, after Skoolooks (Brand that was promoted by Big Bang and the face of this one in 2011), and Shinenihs.
- Your company “Skoolooks “is on the list of the 4 largest uniform companies in Korea.
- In September 2010, Tony completed his 2-year military service and released a new song “Going To Meet You Now “.
- He confirmed that he is romantically involved with Lee Hye Ri (16 years his junior) of the group Girl’s Day however, on November 7 of the same year they confirmed their breakup.
He was born in Seoul on June 7, 1978 and moved to the United States, where Lee Sooman discovered him with his friend Andy and joined the SM Entertainment company to form a group called H.O.T he studied at Dong Kook University and is now considered one of the most prosperous men, becoming known not only as a singer and former member of the famous H.O.T. group, but also as a businessman. He owns his own music company (Tn Entertainment), school uniforms (Skoolooks) and underwear.
His parents divorced when he was young and he has an older sister. He enjoys playing basketball and playing with his friend Jang Woohyuk. After leaving H.O.T. he formed another group called JTL with fellow members Jang Woohyuk and Lee Jaewon, also former members of H.O.T. A few years later he would start his solo career and form his own music company and several companies. He founded the K-pop group SMASH.
According to reports, Tony Ahn was recently questioned, charged with illegal gambling at the Seoul Central District Prosecutors’ Office.
His agency also revealed that he stepped down as CEO of School Store, a restaurant chain, in September this year, but it had not been officially announced until now. The agency announced that he is not related to the illegal gambling charge: “Tony Ahn was summoned by the prosecution last week for questioning and is currently confined to home.”.
School Store said, “Tony Ahn has stepped down from his position as CEO of ‘School Store’ and has also resigned his shares of the company. He said as reasons for not continuing in this business that he could not focus on training his juniors and would concentrate on the entertainment business. He officially distanced himself from ‘School Store’ last month.”.
On December 06, Tony An appeared at the Seoul District Courts in Seocho-gu for his trial. He did not answer any of the reporters’ questions nor did he make any statement to the media. This was Tony An’s first hearing to face charges of illegal gambling. He was caught betting thousands of dollars through foreign sports matches.
On December 27, Shin Myun Hee, a supreme judge of the Seoul Central District Court sentenced Tony to 6 months imprisonment and suspended for one year, according to the court’s ruling.
Prior to this, during the final trial held on December 6, he admitted his accusations made by the prosecutor and pleaded for a favorable handling of his case. The prosecution stated, “His acknowledgment of wrongdoing and remorse for his wrongdoing were taken into account.” The prosecution asked for a 10-month prison sentence for Tony Ahn. <.
According to the prosecutor, he was charged for betting large amounts of money on illegal bets on matches in the English Premier League via his smartphone.
The investigation revealed that Tony Ahn gambled 400 million won from May 2009 to March 2012.
According to the investigation Tony Ahn, Andy , Yang Sae Hyung and Boom , who were serving in the armed forces during that time, were lured by a runner while on leave from the military.
Tony Ahn (H.O.T.) Collaborations
- Lady Jane – 짝 (Feat. Tony An) (2011)
Tony Ahn (H.O.T.) Drama
- Fly Again (TBA, 2021)
- Melting Me Softly (tvN, 2019) Cameo
- Respond 1997 (tvN, 2012) Cameo
Tony Ahn (H.O.T.) Awards
- 2017 SBS Entertainment Awards Excellence Award (Show/Talk) (My Ugly Duckling)
Tony Ahn (H.O.T.) TV Programs
- I Can See Your Voice (Mnet, 2015-present) Season 04, Episode 07 along with Kang Ta
- Happy Together 4 (KBS2, 2018), (Ep.12)
- My Little Old Boy (SBS, 2016-present) Ep. 118-217
- Raid the Convenience Store (tvN, 2017). Ep. 1
- Lipstick Prince (OnStyle, 2016)
- Oh My School (KBS)
- Radio Star (MBC, 2012)
- Running Man (SBS, 2010, 2014) Ep. 15 and 32