Born into a Christian family, in Philadelphia, with his father as pastor of a local church, Tim was exposed to a musical environment as a child. At his father’s church, he learned to play various instruments such as the saxophone and piano. Throughout his childhood, he performed musical activities in schools and churches, as a member of the church choir and a saxophonist in the school jazz band. However, until he was recruited by an entertainment agency, he had never thought of becoming a professional singer. During his high school career, Tim also modeled and acted.
Before his debut as a singer Tim was in charge of an MTV show in Korea called “Tim World” which featured documentaries about the career and struggles of new singers like himself.
Tim says that at the age of 20 he was approached by a Korean pop music producer (the son of a church member). After listening to a tape he requested that Tim fly to Korea for a full audition, to debut as a pop singer in Korea. Although he and his family were very conservative, Tim decided to fly to Seoul just for the first time, leave his life as a college student and try his luck at becoming a Korean pop singer.
Having never visited Korea until he graduated from high school, Tim spent the first two years in Korea learning the Korean language and preparing for his debut as a singer. In training for his debut album, Tim was very fortunate to have met Yoon Sang , one of Korea’s top songwriters and also a great father and a mentor as a singer. Yoon Sang wrote “사랑 합니다 ” (I Love You), a soft ballad that matches Tim’s voice this was supported by Yoon Sang in creating his musical style, and his debut album (released on April 21, 2003) received great response.
Tim began to gain recognition in local pop music when high-profile ballad singers such as Shin Seung Hun gave favorable comments on his music. His second album, Second Breath was able to mirror the success of his first album with the hits “Gomawottago…” and “Iyagi (The Story).”.
- Debut: 2002
- Gender (s): R&B, Ballad, Kpop
- Education: Tempering University in Philadelphia.
- Hobby: Basketball and Games.
- Specialty: Saxophone, Drums, Keyboard and Piano.
- Religion: Christian
- He was born into a Christian family in Philadelphia.
- On February 05, 2021 his agency confirmed that he had married his non-celebrity girlfriend and that a formal ceremony would take place in Hawaii in the same year but no official confirmation of the date was given.
Tim TV Programs
- Strong Heart (SBS)
- Love Letter (SBS)
- X-Man (SBS, 2003-2006) Ep 24-32, 51-52, 83-84, 92-93, 129-130, 140-141
- Star Golden Bell (KBS)
- Heroine 6
- Tim World (MTV, 2002)
Tim Drama Themes
- Lean On My Shoulder subject for Man in a Veil (2020)
- Love After Love subject for Fix You (2020)
- Hide and Seek theme for Matrimonial Chaos (2018)
- Someday subject for FantastiC (2017)
- Believe Me subject for A Thousand Kisses (2012)
- Why Are Not subject for 49 Days (2011)
- Learning of Separation subject for Queen of Reversals (2010)