Tiffany Hwang (Girls’ Generation) Facts
- K-Pop Group: Girls’ Generation
- Sub-Unit: Girls’ Generation-TTS
- Position Vocalist, Rapper and Dancer
- Voice type Soprano lyrica ligera
- Voice range C3 ~ C6 (3 octaves)
- Registration supported: G3/G#3 ~ Bb4
- Ex-project group: Unnies
- Korea Kent Foreign School
- South Pointe Middle School
- Diamond Bar High School in California
- Fanclub: Young Ones
- Specialties Art, Music, Sports
- Languages English (Native), Korean (Fluent), Japanese (Basic), Chinese (Basic) and Spanish (Basic).
- Favorite Color she even bought a pink Chevrolet spark in that color.
- Motto: “Practice makes perfect “
- Religion Protestant
- Mascot: Has 2 dogs, one named “Romeo” which appeared in Twinkle’s MV of the sub-unit TTS and another called “Prince Fluffy”.
- Her real name is Stephanie but she chose Tiffany as her stage name, as her mother wanted to name her that from the beginning.
- Her mother died of cancer when she was 14 years old.
- She was born in the same hospital and went to the same high school as Jessica.
- She has some scars from under her armpits, it was when she was a child and saved a cat that was trapped in a tree and she fell out of it to save it, which caused the scars to form and she was scolded for it, although Tiffany tells it as a funny anecdote.
- Despite auditioning and being accepted as a trainee at SM Entertainment, Tiffany’s father still tried to convince her to leave the entertainment field and urged her to pursue a career in business instead. However, Tiffany insisted on following her dream and even told her father that her objection could have ruined her life, which ultimately made her allow her to continue the training program.
- Because she was born in the United States, in her early debut days her Korean was not that good, so when she introduced herself she used to confuse the lyrics of the songs.
- In 2008 she was diagnosed with vocal nodules and again in 2009, she was hospitalized for this, but in 2010 she overcame this disease.
- When Girls’ Generation was in Japan for a photo shoot, Tiffany found out that one of the workers there didn’t have anything to eat for breakfast, so she gave her some of her lunch and bought her snacks.
- In the comeback of TTS with the song Holler, Tiffany participated in the production of the video and was the one who chose the costumes.
- When Malaysia fans greeted them at the airport, a fan wanted to give Tiffany chocolates, but one of the bodyguards didn’t allow it and pushed him, Tiffany noticed this so she turned around and went to pick up the chocolates, but the demand of the security was so much that the man again was pushed and Tiffany went forward and said goodbye to her fan with a big smile and waving the chocolates in her hand, saying “Thank you”.
- In April of 2014, Tiffany and Nichkhun from 2PM confirmed to have been in a relationship since December 2013. On May 29, 2015, they confirmed to have ended such relationship.
- On May 11, 2016 she released her music video “I Just Wanna Dance” as a solo artist, which reached 1.5 million views on YouTube in less than 1 day.
- On August 18, 2016, KBS communicated that after discussions with SM Entertainment, the decision was made for Tiffany to leave the program Sister’s Slam Dunk due to a controversy that arose on August 15 (a day of celebration in Korea for being the date when the nation broke free from Japanese colonialism) when Tiffany posted on her social media (Instagram and Snapchat), farewell messages with the flag of Japan and the “rising sun” logo of the imperial era when she was leaving the said country. Also in an official statement it was reported that due to the controversy Tiffany was not allowed to attend SM Entertainment’s 20th anniversary conference on a large scale in Hawaii “to show self-reflection.”
- On JTBC’s “Ask Us Anything” Tiffany revealed an accident she had while trying to make her groupmate Sooyoung laugh by breaking her tooth while trying to bite into a frozen blueberry.
- Her interest in Japanese culture is thanks to Sooyoung, she says she was influenced by her.
- In an interview with TaeTiSeo on ‘Sketchbook’, Tiffany said that Sunny is the member who grimaces and gestures the most. She also said that Taeyeon has a spectacular voice, which she envies.
- In HEYHEYHEY, a Japanese television program, Sooyoung said that Tiffany was the last of all the members to get her driver’s license and in three days she got it.
- She has a great obsession with the color pink Sunny said that when she dyed her hair that color, Tiffany would touch it a lot every time she had it next to her.
- Her favorite ice cream flavor is strawberry.
- When asked Jessica which member of the group it would be, she replied “Tiffany, because she’s a positive, energetic person. she’s the opposite of me. “.
- She is very punctual, always arriving 15 minutes early.
- A media outlet reported on August 17 that a source close to Tiffany had said, “Tiffany has recently decided to study abroad in the United States and let her friends know. She wants to study acting and so those around her are supporting her decision.” Tiffany’s agency, SM Entertainment, stated on August 17, “We are discussing several things in general regarding Tiffany.” Regarding the report about her studying acting in the United States.
- October 9th SM Entertainment announced Tiffany’s departure from the agency, but her activities with the group are still under discussion: “The members also have no thoughts of disbanding at all. There are simply some members’ contracts that have ended, a careful decision will be made after discussing with the girls the direction of Girls’ Generation’s future activities”.
- It was reported on June 14, 2018 that Tiffany will return with a new album between late June and early July. The title song has already been recorded, however the music video has not yet.
- On September 20 At the Asia Fan Meeting Tour, Tiffany revealed that she has chosen the name of her official fanclub to be “The Fan Club”. Young Ones “explained the connection of the name of the name of the fanclub of Girls’ Generation saying, “It means forever and you are my forever.”
Tiffany was born in San Francisco, California and grew up as the youngest of three siblings in Diamond Bar, Los Angeles, California. In October 2004 she auditioned at SM Entertainment Starlight Casting Syst in Los Angeles and joined the company. She was trained for three years and seven months. Although Tiffany graduated from Korea Kent Foreign School in April 2007, she previously attended elementary and high school at South Pointe Middle School and Diamond Bar High School in California. When SM Entertainment discovered Tiffany they gave her the news that she would have to move to Korea; at first she was very confused as she was only 16 years old and her mother had died 2 years ago (she passed away from cancer when Tiffany was 14) also because of that her father totally refused. After a while, Tiffany made the decision to go to Korea to fulfill her dream.
When she arrived in Korea she was very confused, as she didn’t know how to speak the language and had no relatives there.Her first concert in Korea was in the theater and there was very good feedback about Tiffany and the press “devoured” her.On a talk show she said, “In Korea I have made friends, fulfilled dreams and many things, but most importantly, I found who I was and I found MY BRIGHTNESS “.
On August 5, 2007, Tiffany finally made her debut in SM Entertainment’s new girl group, Girls’ Generation.
Late May 2016, SM Entertainment has confirmed that her debut as a solo artist would be a mini album for the month of April.
April 3, SM Entertainment released Tiffany’s debut teasers with her first mini album titled ‘I Just Wanna Dance’. which was launched on May 11, 2016.
June 3, SM Entertainment reported that Tiffany will be releasing a digital single titled ‘Heartbreak Hotel’. on June 10, in collaboration with Simon D for the project SM Station.
2018: Return as Soloist
On June 14, it was revealed that Tiffany will make a comeback as a solo artist in her new company paradigm Talent Agency after leaving SM Entertainment, her first single is entitled Over My Skin and will be released on June 28. On Sept. 25, 2018, it was announced that the singer would return with a song titled “Teach You”, The music video and song were released on September 27, and the music video features the appearance of Hyoyeon,Soo Young and Kwon Hyuk Soo on November 30, she surprised her fans with a Christmas single titled “The Christmas single”. “peppermint” as a gift for their fans.
2019: Return with the Single “Born Again”, First American mini Album “Lips on Lips”.
On January 04, 2019 Tiffany, via her instagram, announced that she would be returning with a new single titled “Born Again” on January 25, which would be part of her new American mini-album titled“Lips on Lips”.
On February 14, 2019, Tiffany released her first mini album titled “Lips on Lips” she also released her first American EP Lips on Lips. The album includes five songs, one of them being the title track “Lips on Lips”, as well as “The Flower”, “Not Barbie” and “Runaway”, which features a duet with Kenneth “Babyface” Edmunds.
Tiffany Hwang (Girls’ Generation) Collaborations
- Far East Movement – Don’t Speak (feat. Tiffany & King Chain) (2016)
- Truedy – Ruedy Boogie (feat. Tiffany) (Unpretty Rapstar 2) (2015)
- Han Hee Jun – QnA (feat. Tiffany) (2015)
- Tae Yeon & Tiffany – Lost In Love (2013)
- K.Will – Girl, Meets Love (feat. Tiffany) (2009)
- Jessica tiffany & Co Seohyun – Mabinogi (It’s Fantastic!) (2008)
- Jessica tiffany & Co Seohyun – Oppa Nappa (2008)
Tiffany Hwang (Girls’ Generation) Music
- Girls’ Generation – Dancing Queen (besides Jessica ) (2013)
- Girls’ Generation – The Boys (English Version) (2011)
- WEEKEND 2016
- June 10, 12, 24, 25 and 26 – Seoul, South Korea – SM COEX
- TIFFANY YOUNG ASIA FAN MEETING TOUR 2018
- 20 September – Bangkok, Thailand – Thunder Dome, Muang Thong Thani, Nonthaburi, Thailand
- 23 September – Taipei, Taiwan – Taipei International Convention Center
- TIFFANY YOUNG’S LIPS ON LIPS nORTH AMERICA MINI SHOWCASE TOUR 2019
- march 03 – Toronto, Canada – ON: Mod Club
- March 06 – New York, USA- Bowery Ballroom
- march 08 – Chicago, USA – Lincoln Hall
- March 9 – Minneapolis, USA – Amsterdam Hall
- march 12 – Seattle, USA – Crocodile
- March 13 – Vancouver, USA – Venue
- march 15 – San Francisco, USA – Great American Music Hall
- march 16 – Los Angeles, USA – Troubadour
- MAGNNETIC MOON TOUR 2019
- October 25 – San Francisco, USA – The Regency Ballroom
- October 27 – Vancouver, Canada – Vogue Theatre
- October 28 – Portland, USA – Wonder Ballroom
- october 29 – Seattle, USA – Showbox SoDo
- 02 November – Chicago, USA – Vic Theatre
- November 01 – Minneapolis, USA – First Avenue
- November 04 – Toronto, Canada – The Danforth Music Hall
- November 05 – Houston, USA – White Oak Music Hall
- November 06 – Philadelphia, USA – Union Transfer
- November 08 – Boston, USA – Paradise Rock Club
- November 09 – Washington, USA – U Street Music Hall
- november 10 – New York, USA – Brooklyn Steel
- 12 November – Raleigh, USA – Lincoln Theatre
- November 13 – Atlanta, USA – Buckhead Theatre
- November 18 – Denver, USA – Bluebird Theater
- 20 November – Phoenix, USA – Crescent Ballroom
- november 21 – Los Angeles, USA – Fonda Theatre
Tiffany Hwang (Girls’ Generation) Drama
- The Youngest Son of a Conglomerate (jTBC, 2022)
- The Producers (KBS2, 2015) cameo
Tiffany Hwang (Girls’ Generation) Musicals
- The Fame (2011)
Tiffany Hwang (Girls’ Generation) Films
- My Palpitating Life (2014)
- I AM (2012)
- SMTOWN Live in Tokyo Special Edition (2012)
Tiffany Hwang (Girls’ Generation) Awards
- 2019: iHeartRadio Music Awards: Best Solo Breakout
- 2018: BreakTudo Awards: K-pop Female Artist
- 2016: SBS MTV The Show (5/17): “I Just Wanna Dance”
- 2016: MBC Show Champion (18/05): “I Just Wanna Dance”
- 2011: MBC Entertainment Awards: Radio Star Team (with Yuri ) “Show! Music Core”
Tiffany Hwang (Girls’ Generation) TV Programs
- Girls Planet 999 (Mnet, 2021) As Mentor
- Immortal Songs 2 (KBS2, 2021) (01.04.2021) Ep. 506 together with Choi Jung Won
- Knowing Bros (JTBC, 2021) Episode 270
- Running Man (SBS, 06.10.2019) (Ep.471)
- Style Follow (ep.2 (2017.04.26))
- Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook (KBS, 06/24/2016)
- SNL Korea Season 7 (tvN, 28.05.2016)
- Sister’s Slam Dunk (KBS2, 2016)
- Daily Taeng9Cam (OnStyle, 2015 guest)
- Heart a Tag (Mnet, 2015) as MC
- Radio Star (2014, guest with Sunny, Taeyeon, Jessica and Yuri)
- Fashion King Korea (2014)
- Jessica & Krystal (Invited with Hyo Yeon, 2014)
- Show! Music Core (MC with Taeyeon and Seohyun) (MBC, 2012 – 2013)
- Girls Generation And The Dangerous Boys (2011)
- Star King EP 201 (2011.02.05)
- Let’s Go Dream Team (KBS2, 2011)
- Win Win (2010)
- Good Daddy EP 10 (besides Yuri ) (2009.01.10)
- 1000 Challenge Songs (besides Yuri ) (2009.05.17)
- Family Outing (Ch. 81-82) (2009)
- Hello Baby! (2009)
- Star Watch 24 (2008.01.18)
- Horror Movie Factory (2008)
- Miraculous Victory (guest with Big Bang)
- Kko Kko Tour Season 1 (KBS2, 2008)
- Girls’ Generation’s Factory Girl (Mnet, 2008)
- Girls’ Generation (MTV, 2007)
- Girls Goes to School (Mnet, 2007)
Tiffany Hwang (Girls’ Generation) TV Drama’s
- Only One theme for Blood (2015)
- One Step subject for All About My Romance (2013)
- Rise and Shine & (together with Cho Kyu Hyun ) theme for To the Beautiful You (2012)
- Because It’s You Subject for Love Rides the Rain (2012)
- Ring Subject for Haru: An Unforgettable Day in Korea (2010)
- By Myself subject for Ja Myung Go (2009)