TAG (Golden Child) Facts
- K-Pop Group: Golden Child
- Position: Rapper, Vocalist and dancer.
- Ex group: I.D
- Position: Rapper and Dancer.
- Languages: Korean (Native Language) Japanese (Fluent)
- Education: Hanlim Multi Arts School (Graduate).
- Introduction Woollim Pick: “ Gangster TAG”.
- Skills Flexibility.
- Favorite artists: BIGBANG Ludacris, Chris Brown and Busta Rhymes.
- He belonged to the Japanese group I.D together with Park Jae Seok.
- He studied contemporary dance.
- Lived in Japan for a few years.
- Joined WOOLLIM in 2015.
- He was a backup dancer for INFINITE for ‘BAD’ at the end of year presentations (2015) together with other WOOLLIM trainees.
- He was the second member, along with Jang Jun, of the Woollim Boys to be revealed through the W Project.
- He co-wrote the lyrics of “Drought” together with Jang Jun and BEE of Rphabet.
- If he were not an idol, he would have liked to be a veterinarian
TAG (Golden Child) Career
Son Young Taek was born in 1998, he entered the Woollim Ent. in 2015, before joining the company, he was part of the I.D. group together with Jae Seok he is a former backdancer for INFINITE during their presentations at the 2015 GAYO’S.
January 9, 2017 WOOLLIM Entertainment revealed through its official Twitter account the first image about “W Project” with the hashtag “Coming Soon”.
On January 10, Woollim Entertainment reported that it would hold a large-scale project with a large number of trainees to create its new male and female group, which will debut this year 2017.
2° W Project
On February 5, the first logo teaser video of the second W-Project was revealed, showing the names of the members who would be in charge of the second W-Project Jang Jun and Young Taek.
“Woollim Ent. released its second W-PROJECT #2 LOGO TEASER (Jang Jun, Young Taek) through its official Youtube channel and Naver V Live, rhythmic music plays while showing the images with vintage colors and old props, combined with today’s trend, which look like a movie shooting- In addition, the logo and the names of Jang Jun and Young Taek are shown, raising questions and expectations for this project.”.
On February 8, the first teaser photo was revealed through Woollim Ent.’s official account showing both boys.
“The teaser photo shows us Jang Jun and Young Taek sitting side by side on a vintage armchair, looking into the camera with a bright gaze and facial expressions, the public agreed on the intense visual shown and the charm of their eyes.The teaser photo also revealed the title song “Drought (feat. BeE)” provoking expectations of the song to be realized in the future.”.
On February 9, they revealed a second teaser photo, on the same day, hours later they revealed a third individual teaser photo of Young Taek.
“Woollim Ent. agency made the personal teaser of 2nd W-Project, Young Taek, through its official SNS, raising fans’ expectations to the highest level. Young Taek is sitting in a room with vintage accessories looking into the camera with a surprising look, wearing colorful brown casual clothes and looking relaxed, the image shows us his charming image as his strong visual that attracts everyone’s eyes.”.
On February 10, Jang Jun’s individual teaser photo was released, on February 11, a preview of the song “Drought (Feat BeE)” was released in which it was discovered that the song’s genre would be HIP HOP- On February 12, through Woollim Ent.’s official YouTube channel, the official video and digital single were released, and it was revealed that Jang Jun and Young Taek would be in charge of rapping in their group.
“Woollim we will be waiting for Jang Jun and Young Taek’s debut, the duet they did carrying the thirsty feeling and atmosphere between a cold couple caught the fans’ attention, this is the second series of Woollim’s new project, HIP HOP was chosen as the main genre this time, Jang Jun and Young Taek also taking part in the rap composition.”.
On February 14, a Color-Live of Jang Jun and Young Taek with “Drought” was released through 1theK.
“Jang Jun and Young Taek were part of the rap performance showing their own musical talents by adding their own style and color, as well as their skills, showing a level higher than a rookie, which makes us look forward to their future…”.
TAG (Golden Child) TV Programs
- Weekly Idol (MBC Every1, 2018). Ep. 363
- Weekly Idol – Golden Child and Weki Meki (MBC, 2017) Ep. 320
- Dream Stargram (jTBC, 2018). Ep. 13
- WoollimPICK (Mnet, 2017).