Taeyong (NCT, Super M) Facts
- K-Pop Group: NCT
- Sub-Unit: NCT U / NCT 127
- Position: Leader, Dancer, Rapper and Vocalist
- Group K-Pop Super M
- Position: Rapper, Vocalist and Dancer
- Fanclub TyongF
- Education: Seoul School of Performing Arts (SOPA) (Graduate).
- Specialty: Rap and dance.
- Motto: To be the best at what I do.
- Languages: Korean (native language), Japanese (Basic) and English (Intermediate).
- Favorite color: Pink.
- Hobbies: Shopping, composing and cooking.
- Mascot Ruby.
- Rolemodels: Jonghyun from SHINee and U-Know from TVXQ
- Religion: In a fan-meeting he responded that he was a Free Thinker and did not follow any religion.
- He was recruited off the street. He said he knew about the entertainment industry but not about the corporate system, so when he asked what agency they were from he was told they were from one of the big 3 and he understood they meant MBC, SBS and KBS.
- He was part of the SMROOKIES SR15B sub-unit (SM’s project to publicize its trainers).
- He participated along with the other rookies in SMROOKIES SHOW the event will be a series of mini-concerts in order to connect with fans and showcase their talents.
- Created the choreography for It Won’t Stop that they presented in SMROOKIES SHOW and Bangkok.
- Before his official debut, Taeyong was involved in a controversy, reports surfaced (pre-debut dance show) that he had participated in a series of scam incidents on an online trading site, through which he used false advertising, received money but never delivered the goods, and sent defective products to buyers.
- SM Entertainment released an official apology on behalf of the SMROOKIES member, “Taeyong is deeply reflecting on his misguided behavior, which lacked good judgment during his high school days. He has expressed his sincerest apologies to everyone who has been affected by his actions. Not only Taeyong, but we, as his company, will work to make him grow as a talented artist as well as a good character.”
- Taeyong, said in an interview, “I have thought a lot about what I should do. Before I debuted, when I was young, I did a lot of things that I regret and I’m ashamed of. I still can’t think of anything else but that, my head is just full of thoughts about it. I should have said this before, but I was very immature and didn’t think things through. I want to sincerely apologize to those I hurt when I wasn’t trying to understand other people. In the future, I will do things better,” he said while crying. “I have to do better so I can be more confident and be honorable in front of the other members who trust me. I think that’s what I definitely have to do. “He thanked the fans for their support, even said it had been hard to do, thanked the members for understanding.
- He and Mark helped write the lyrics to his debut song “The 7th Sense”. “Firetruck” and “Mad City” from the debut album NCT #127. “Good Thing”, “Back 2 U”, “Angel” and “Baby Don’t Like It” from the album LIMITLESS. For his third Mini Album “Cherry Bomb” of seven music tracks, he and Mark participated in the lyrics of five of them.
- He first appeared on TC Candler’s “The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2017” list ranking #99
- In 2018 it ranked #22.
- In 2019 it ranked #27.
- In 2020 it ranked #15.
- Although he apologized for his past mistakes he was involved in a controversy for his actions during a radio broadcast after seeing Taeyong discard his script in an impolite manner by being rude to the writers, claiming that the small incident showed his supposed true personality, the controversy reached such a point that SM filed lawsuits against the malicious commentators.
- On the January 15 broadcast of “Heard It Through the Grapevine,” Hong Suk Chun shared that TaeYong is a distant relative of his. He explained that although they have never met in person, Taeyong is his cousin’s first cousin.
- On October 12, 2019, it was officially reported that Taeyong apologized to the victim for the ‘Bullying’ controversy from his high school years
- In September 2019 he was accused by an alleged former classmate of being a bully in high school years. SM’s statement reads “Recently, Taeyong personally apologized to friends whom he hurt with his immature words and actions during his high school years. His friends accepted Taeyong’s apology, and parted ways after encouraging each other’s future growth. In addition, Taeyong also conveyed his words of apology. to other friends whom he was unable to get in touch with. Even after this event, Taeyong will do his best not to forget his past, but will remain humble while growing as a righteous person. Thank you “.
- SM also revealed that no evidence was found that he had committed bullying against anyone, but Taeyong still apologized to clear up misunderstandings and after the apology everything was clear with his former colleagues.
- On April 29, 2020 it was revealed that the bullying victim allegedly attempted suicide after being bullied again this time by NCT ‘fans’, it was revealed as follows: “The female fans found the person’s home and workplace, robbed his and used the fact that they were victims of sexual assault to harass him, leading to a suicide attempt in February “. Also the alleged victim said that he suffered 3 bullying related incidents in his high school years, among them sexual assault, he also explained that some ‘fans’ have come to create the false rumor that the bullying never happened, additional it was revealed that the victim had to change his name and several times phone number. In response to the investigations of the journalists who published the news of how the victim was at death’s door, NCT fans created the hashtag #SM_이태용_지켜 (SM_Protect_Taeyong), which was trending that same day. After the investigation of dispatch most articles of the news were removed from the news pages.
- On June 24, 2020 dispatch revealed a special report on the ‘bullying allegations’, there it was revealed that indeed Taeyong had apologized to victim ‘A’ BUT that the allegations on April 29 by an alleged informant ‘B’ were not true, i.e. the victim did not suffer sexual assault and was not on the verge of suicide, and that they were referring to victim because the act committed were comments left by Taeyong in a student community against that person, dispatch revealed a series of text messages between the “victim” and Taeyong and confirmed that victim ‘A’ and Taeyong are on good terms, however informant ‘B’ tried to take advantage of this situation and gave false statements to the press. (Clarification: Usually the victim is referred to as ‘B’ and the informant as ‘A’ but in the dispatch report they change to victim ‘A’ and informant ‘B’).
- On the same June 24, SM announced that it will take legal action against the informant ‘B’ for exaggerating information and giving false statements affecting the artist’s image.
Taeyong became an apprentice with the company in 2012, being recruited near his high school.
He belonged to the SM Entertainment, SMROOKIES was the first member to be revealed on December 3, 2013, appearing in two trailers.
Taeyong (NCT, Super M) Collaborations
- Marteen – Mood (ft. Taeyong) (2019)
- Hitchhiker -Time (Feat Sunny, Kim Hyo Yeon, Taeyong) (2018)
- TVXQ – City Lights (Feat. Tae Yong de NCT ) (Sung by U-Know ) (2018)
- Red Velvet – Be Natural (ft. Taeyong) (2014)
Taeyong (NCT, Super M) Drama
- To the Beautiful You (SBS, 2012) Cameo
Taeyong (NCT, Super M) Advertisement
- 2016: SK Telecom (with Seolhyun )
Taeyong (NCT, Super M) TV Programs
- Street Woman Fighter (Mnet, 2021)
- Weekly Idol (MBC Every1, 09.01.2019) (Ep. 389) MC Special with Do Young & Jung Woo
- Happy Together 4 (KBS, 08.11.2018) (Ep.562) together with Jae Hyun
- Game-Dol Olympics (OGN TV, 2018)
- Food Diary (tvN, 2018)
- M! Countdown (Mnet, 2018) MC Special
- M! Countdown (Mnet, July 2017) MC Special
- Show Champion (MBC Music, July 2016) MC Special with Do Young
- EXO 90:2014 (Mnet, 2014) Eps. 1, 3, 5
Taeyong (NCT, Super M) TV Drama’s
- Love Del Luna (together with Punch ) theme for Hotel del Luna (2019)
- Stay in my Life (besides Moon Tae Il &. Do Young ) subject for School 2017 (2017)