Suzy (Miss A) Facts
- Ex-Kpop Group: Miss A (2010-2017)
- Position: Vocalist, Dancer and Maknae.
- Mudeung Elementary School.
- Jeonnam Girls’ High School.
- Seoul Performing Arts High School (Transferred) (Graduated)
- Favorite color: Pink.
- Training period: 10 months.
- Instruments: Guitar.
- Specialty: Drawing and acting.
- In 2009 she auditioned for Mnet’s “Superstar K”, although she did not pass the audition thanks to this she was able to get an audition at JYP Entertainment to become a trainee. The fact that she was caught up by JYP staff after going to the bathroom in an audition for “Super Star K”, is a famous anecdote.
- She became the first female celebrity to win 3 awards in different fields of entertainment: Music, Drama Acting and Film Acting.
- Suzy has donated to many other non-profit organizations
- Since her debut she has donated to a hospital in Gwangju Jeonnam which has a foundation to raise funds for research and practice to share the life of childhood cancer and leukemia patients. The foundation reported that the donation is 10 million won annually through the region’s headquarters.
- In September 2013 Suzy donated 50 million won (48 000 USD) for relief activities for Sewol victims, this donation was silent so even the company did not know about this donation. She also previously donated 5 million won and 100 boxes of Sunmi Chip for cancer patients through the organization ‘Life Share Practice’.
- In April 2014, she donated 50 million won to Gwangju Jeonnam headquarters for the Soweul Tragedy victims’ foundation. she donated anonymously without notifying JYP, so the donation news came out later.
- In April 2015, a donation of 100 million won over five years for the Major Donor Society of Donors was made public.
- in 2015, she was recognized as the 791st member of the Community Chest of Korea’s Honor Society the organization is composed of those who have donated more than 100 million won to the organization.
- In August 2016, it donated KRW 500 million for the welfare of preschool children.
- In March 2017, it was discovered that she would have donated 100 million won to Life Share.
- On December 24, 2012 there was a strong controversy with a 25-year-old Ilbey member who posted an image in an act of sexual harassment in an advertisement of Suzy as a model (she was 18 years old at the time) and posted insulting messages, as a pseudonym, to Suzy on Twitter. JYP said a day after the incident, they would formally make legal investigations. After that, the accused went to JYP’s office with her mother every day for two months and asked for forgiveness, and after she reflected, she took the charges. A similar case was repeated in July 2013 with a high school student who posted pictures with sexual connotations towards several celebrities including Suzy, for which she was arrested. In January 2014, it was discovered that the accused of the first controversy died in March of the same year. After this fact was announced, bad comments towards Suzy related were sent to the prosecutor’s office of the Republic of Korea. JYP Entertainment.
- In July 2014 Suzy was involved in a controversy of alleged sexual harassment while working as a sprite model at the Water Festival held in Yonsei, Shinchon. In an amateur video, it could be seen how supposedly the director standing next to her intentionally touched her legs from behind, both the person involved and the event officials explained that no such thing ever happened, and a few days later, a video from another angle was shown to the media where it clearly proved that it was just a misunderstanding caused by the angle of the first video.
- On February 15, 2015, the Seoul Central Court ruled against Suzy in a lawsuit she filed to claim advertising rights against an online shopping site that used her name and image in promotions without her permission to sell “Suzy’s hats”. The court provided the following rationale for its ruling: “The rights to control the commercial use of Suzy’s name and image are included in one’s name right and one’s image right, so there is no recognition of an independent right of publicity”. Furthermore: “There is insufficient evidence to prove that as a result of the infringement of her image and name rights she was unable to sign new contracts or terminate existing ones, and we dismiss her claim for damages because there is no evidence that she has incurred financial losses”. Shortly after the court dismissed her case, Suzy filed an appeal on February 24.
- In March 2015, an exclusive Dispatch report stated that Suzy and actor Lee Min Ho on March 22, it was confirmed by both agencies that they were in a relationship. Despite ongoing rumors about their breakup, both parties have consistently denied them, and the couple is moving on.
- In September 2016, a wax sculpture of her at Madame Tussauds in Hong Kong had its exhibition. Suzy is the first Korean celebrity to receive a wax sculpture at the wax figure museum.
- She has been very successful with her mini-album subtitled Yes? No?, with which it reached the #1 spot on the MelOn and Naver charts in the first hours
- The week before the launch on January 17, Pretend was released, a pre-release single that quickly reached an all-kill on the South Korean music charts.
- For the promotion of her solo mini-album Yes? No? , Suzy is doing a reality documentary program for the first time since her debut, which shows a few days of her daily life as well as her home, this is being presented through Dingo.
- On November 16, 2017, it was disclosed that. Suzy and Lee Min Ho ended their relationship after almost 3 years, JYP Entertainment and MYM Entertainment confirmed the news.
- It was revealed that she will have her first comeback as a solo artist on January 29 with a mini-album. Before that, a pre-release song will be released on January 22. For this comeback, she traveled on January 1 to Los Angeles to film 4 music videos.
- She is ranked #51 in the 2017 “100 Most Beautiful Faces in the World” conducted by TC Candler magazine.
- On March 8, 2018, it was reported that Suzy would be in a relationship with the actor Lee Dong Wook jYP later confirmed that they are in the process of getting to know each other.
- Suzy is the first Korean artist to have her own wax figure at the Madame Tussauds museum in Hong Kong.
- On July 2, 2018, JYP Entertainment confirmed that Lee Dong Wook and Suzy ended their relationship, only four months after officially confirming it.
- On April 28, 2011, Suzy and Kim Soo Hyunwere officially unveiled as ambassadors of the “16th Goyang Korea Flower Show” in Gyeonggi Province.
- On August 28, 2013, Suzy was appointed as an honorary ambassador for the “Korean National Police Agency”.
- On November 19, 2013, Suzy along with Ki Bo Bae, Son Yeon-jae, Yang Hak Seon and Choi Eun-sook were appointed as promotional ambassadors for the “2015 Summer University”. Suzy participated in a number of promotional videos, posters and photos, as well as hosted other events to promote the university.
- Suzy donated 100 million won to a meaningful cause on her birthday. Her donation will go to the treatment of pediatric cancer and leukemia patients.
- On March 26, 2019, an industry representative reported that Suzy’s contract with JYP Entertainment expires on March 31, she will not renew and will move to a different agency. JYP Entertainment has confirmed Suzy’s departure from the company. Suzy will sign with Management SOOP in April.
- In 2019 on TC Candler’s official website she appeared in “The Most Beautiful Faces of Asia 2019” ranking #60.
Suzy was born on October 10 in Gwangju, South Korea. Her family consists of her parents, older sister Su Bin and younger brother Sang Moon. Before making her debut as a singer, Suzy was a model for online clothing stores. In 2009, she auditioned for Superstar Kand although she made it to the preliminary round, she was eliminated. However, she caught the attention of a worker at JYP Entertainment and very soon began her training period, which lasted 10 months.
2010: Debut with Miss A
In March 2010, Suzy joined Fei Wang and Meng Jia to form the group Miss A the trio began their first official promotions in China as a group when they signed a contract with Samsung Electronics Group in China. The group released a song used for the commercial called “Love Again” for the Samsung Beat Festival. The song was written by Korean composer Super Changddai, and the music video was directed by Hong Won Ki. The group was later joined by a fourth member, Min.
The four-member girl group finally made its debut in July 2010 under the auspices of de JYP Entertainment with the single “Bad Girl Good Girl”.
In October, Suzy became the presenter of Show! Music Coretogether with Choi Min Ho and Onew from SHINee and Park Ji Yeon of T-ARA suzy later presented other shows such as Inkigayoy M! Countdownsince then, Suzy continues to host many events, from music shows to major award ceremonies.
2011: Actress Debut
In addition to its group activities with Miss A suzy also ventured into acting. She made her acting debut in the high school drama Dream Highthe drama was a local hit, earning high ratings during its two-month run, and also gained popularity in other countries. At the KBS Drama Awards, Suzy won the award for Best New Actress as well as the award for Best Couple with co-star Suzy’s co-star Kim Soo Hyun.
2012: Debut on the big screen
Suzy made her feature film debut in the movie Architecture 101this was one of the top ten most watched films in Korea in the first quarter of 2012, breaking a new box office record for Korean melodramas. In the same year, Suzy landed a supporting role in the KBS drama Bigwritten by the Hong sisters, along with Gong Yooy Lee Min Jung.
2013: Increase in popularity
In 2013, she starred in the historical martial arts action drama fusion, Gu Family Booktogether with Lee Seung Gishe received acting recognition at the MBC Drama Awards, winning the award for excellence and at the Seoul International Drama Awards, winning the award for Best Actress. She also participated in the variety show Healing Camp, becoming the youngest guest of the program.
2014: Miss A hiatus year
During this year, Suzy earned her nickname “The Queen of Commercials” for her numerous appearances in advertising.
In May 2014, Suzy was recruited for the film The Sound of a Floweras Jin Chae Sun, Korea’s first female Pansori singer. To prepare for the role, Suzy received training at Pansori for a year.
2015: Return of Miss A
At the beginning of the year, a comeback for Miss A colors” was released at the end of March. In “Only You”, the title song, Suzy plays an important role being the center most of the time in the choreography.
In the same year, Suzy collaborated with Taiwanese singer and actor Show Luoon the single “Together In Love”, featured on her album Reality Show.
In addition, it was finally released The Sound of a Flowerin the month of November.
In January 2016, Suzy released a digital single titled “Dream” alongside Byun Baek Hyun from EXO the song debuted at number one on Gaon’s weekly digital chart and proceeded to win the “Best Collaboration” award at the Mnet Asian Music Awards.
He went on to star in the melodramatic drama Uncontrollably Fondwith Kim Woo Binsuzy released two OSTs for the drama, including a song she composed herself.
In September 2016, Suzy’s wax figure was displayed at Madame Tussauds in Hong Kong, becoming the first Korean female celebrity to receive a wax of herself at Madame Tussauds.
2017: Debut only
In early 2017, Suzy made her solo debut with the album titled Yes? No? Her pre-release single, “Pretend,” was released on Jan. 17 and achieved an all-kill on the music charts.In February 2017, Suzy released a duet with singer Park Won entitled “Don’t Wait for Your Love”.
Suzy then returned to television, along with Lee Jong Sukin the drama While You Were Sleepingwhich premiered in September 2017. This drama serves as the second collaboration between Suzy and screenwriter Park Hye Ryunafter working together in the 2011 hit drama, Dream High.
2018: First comeback as a solo artist with second mini-album.
On January 4, 2018, Suzy announced the date of her first comeback.
This marks Suzy’s first comeback in about a year, after her first mini album Yes? No? Her new mini album will contain a variety of song genres, and a total of 4 MVs were made for her comeback JYP Entertainment also confirmed that Suzy’s MVs were filmed in Los Angeles as previously reported, and that she returned to Korea after completing her filming last Jan. 1. On Jan. 17, JYP Entertainment released on its YouTube account, the official teaser for its 2nd mini-album “Faces Of Loves”.
On January 22, Suzy posted on her YouTube account, the official video of her pre-release titled In Love With Someone Else being the first of the album’s four videos to be revealed.
Suzy (Miss A) Collaborations
- Babylon – Out of Breath (feat. Suzy) (2019)
- Show Luo – Together In Love (feat. Suzy) (2015)
- Suzy & Nak Joon – Farewell Under The Sun (2014)
- B1A4 – I Won’t Do Bad Things (Narr. Suzy) (2012)
- JJ Project – Before This Song Ends (feat. Suzy) (2012)
Suzy (Miss A) Drama
- Anna (Coupang Play, 2022)
- Start-Up (tvN, 2020)
- Vagabond (SBS, 2019)
- While You Were Sleeping (SBS, 2017)
- Uncontrollably Fond (KBS2, 2016)
- My Love From the Star (SBS, 2014) cameo
- Gu Family Book (MBC, 2013)
- Big (KBS2, 2012)
- I Need a Fairy (KBS2, 2012) cameo
- Dream High 2 (KBS2, 2012) cameo
- Human Casino (KBS, 2011) cameo
- Dream High (KBS2, 2011)
Suzy (Miss A) Films
- Wonderland (2021)
- If my Things are at Your Place We’re Not Over (2020)
- Ashfall (2019)
- Real (2017) cameo
- The Sound of a Flower (2015)
- Architecture 101 (2011)
Suzy (Miss A) TV Programs
- Off the REC. Suzy (2016)
- Happy Together 3mC Featured Feature (KBS2, 2014)
- Running Man (SBS, 2014)
- Healing C& (SBS, 2013)
- Happy Together 3 (KBS2, 2013)
- Music Bank in Istanbul (2013)
- Running Man (SBS, 2013)
- Star n’ the City – Kim Soo Hyunand Suzy in New Zealand (XTM, 2012)
- M! Countdown Hello Japan (Mnet, 2012)
- Inkigayo (SBS, 2012)
- M!Countdown (Mnet, 2012)
- Running Man (SBS, 2011) Ep. 55
- Invincible Youth Season 2 (2011)
- 20’s Choice (Mnet, 2011)
- Section TV (MBC, 2011)
- Happy Together 3dream High Special (2010)
- Show! Music Core – Host (2010)
- Inkigayo (SBS, 2010) MC Special with Jung Yong Hwa (CNBLUE) and Jo Kwon (2AM)
Suzy (Miss A) TV Drama’s
- My Dear Love theme for Start-Up (2020)
- I Wanna Say To You theme for While You Were Sleeping (2017)
- I Love You Boy theme for While You Were Sleeping (2017)
- When It’s Good theme for Uncontrollably Fond (2016)
- Ring My Bell theme for Uncontrollably Fond (2016)
- Why Am I Like This theme for The Time We Were Not In Love (2015)
- Don’t Forget Me theme for Gu Family Book (2013)
- I Still Love You theme for Big (2012)
- You’re My Star theme for Dream High 2 (2012)
- So Many Tears theme for Me Too, Flower! (2011)
- Winter Child theme for Dream High (2011)
- Dream High theme for Dream High (2011)
- SUZY Asia Fan Meeting Tour “WITH” 2018
- May 12 – Taipei, Taiwan- NTU Sports Center
- May 26 – Hong Kong – KITEC
- June 24 – Bangkok, Thailand – MCC Hall
- July 07 – Seoul, South Korea – Yes24 Live Hall
Suzy (Miss A) Music Videos
Suzy (Miss A) Advertisement
- KERASYS (2020-2021)
- Dashing Diva (2019-2021)
- Clalen Lens (2019)
- DIOR (2018-2021)
- Lancôme (2017-2021)
- K2 (2017-2021)
- FENDI (2017)
- Kwangdong (2017)
- GUESS (2016-2021)
- CARIN (2016-2021)
- Chum Churum (2016-2020)
- Didier Dubot (2016-2018)
- LET’S SHARE THE HEART x ALLETS (charity campaign) (2016)
- Alba Heaven (2016)
- ORGANIST (2016)
- Everland ‘Panda World’ (2016)
- Beanpole Accesories (2015-2017)
- Hi-Mart (2015-2016)
- BBQ Chicken (2015-2016)
- Lenovo PHAB Plus (2015)
- INTEROJO Clalen Lens (2014-2017)
- NESCAFE (2014-2018)
- SS SHINY (2014-2015)
- Lilian Pads (2014-2015)
- MLB – GO LA! STYLE LA! (2014-2015)
- Cartier (2014-2015)
- SISLEY WOMAN STYLE Blog (2014)
- Gwangju Summer Universiade (2014)
- Punky Planet (2014)
- SPRITE (2014)
- The Face Shop (2013-2017)
- Vita500 (2013-2017)
- ON: The Body (2013-2016)
- Swarovski (2013-2014)
- TMON (2013-2014)
- Urive Car Black Box (2013-2014)
- Crossfire (besides miss A) (2013-2014)
- Beksul Tagatose (2013-2014)
- MLB – GO LA! STYLE LA! (next to miss A) (2013)
- Good Downloader (2013)
- SK Telecom Samsung Galaxy Pop (2013)
- ‘Chia Seeds’ Korea (2013)
- QTV (2013)
- Korea Post Office Savings (2013)
- Samsung Galaxy Pop – SK tlecom (2013)
- Beanpole (2012-2017)
- Fame (2012-2015)
- Domino’s Pizza (with Gong Yoo) (2012-2014)
- Nongshim Sumi Potato Chips (2012-2013)
- Canon Camera (2012-2013)
- Smart Uniform (2012-2013)
- Super Mario Bros. 2 TVCM (2012)
- Nexon Sudden Attack (2012)
- Reebok (2012)
- Caribbean Bay (2012)
- Denmark Drinking Yogurt (2012)
- Teens Nature (2012)
- Saving Energy (2012)
- Korean Tourism (besides miss A) (2011-2013)
- If Lolita (2011)
- Edwin (with miss A) (2011)
- LesMore (next to miss A) (2010-2011)
- Freestyle Football (besides miss A) (2010)
- Ani Place (next to miss A) (2010)
- Samsung Anycall (besides miss A) (2010)