Soyeon ((G)I-DLE) Facts
- Group K-Pop (G)I-DLE
- Position Leader, Rapper, Vocalist and Dancer
- Seoul Kowloon Elementary School
- Daechi Middle School
- Chungang University High School (Actuality
- Hobbies: Watching anime
- Voice type: Contralto
- Specialties: Rapping and dancing
- Training period 1 year and 6 months
- Rolemodels: BIGBANG
- Favorite color: Yellow
- She practiced ballet as a child, and even won an award.
- After seeing BIGBANG decided to quit ballet and prepare to make her debut as a singer.
- She went on to audition for more than 20 auditions, but never made it through. After that So Yeon decided to dabble in rap. Eventually she mustered up the courage to rap at auditions, which led her to get noticed and start receiving calls from different places. With a different music direction than her initial one, she decided to put aside her dream of becoming a singer for a while and took up dancing again so she became a street dancer.
- After viewing an audition poster for CUBE Entertainment in 2014, she decided to audition once again and was chosen at the audition in Incheon. After passing the final round as a dancer, Jeon became an apprentice at Cube Entertainment.
- She participated in the first season of PRODUCE 101 although it was in the TOP 11 on 3 occasions, it ranked 20th in the last episode and therefore did not make it into the TOP 11 I.O.I.
- In July 2016, Jeon appeared as a contestant on the third season of rap competition show Unpretty Rapstar won fourth place in the final, earning three tracks on the program’s final compilation album
- On December 29, 2016, Jeon signed an exclusive contract as an artist under her company Cube Entertainment.
- On November 1 and 4, two videos introducing So Yeon for the first time as the company’s upcoming new artist were released on Cube’s official YouTube channel; in the videos she performs covers of “Trap Jumping (Feat. Wiz Khalifa) / Rich The Kid” and “‘She Don’t / Yolanda Bezet, Ty Dollar Sign” showing off her dancing skills.
- The official Teaser of her debut was released on November 2 and she officially debuted on November 5, 2017 with the digital singles “Jelly” and “Idle song”, which she wrote herself.
- On Jan. 11, 2018, it was announced that she would be making her debut again in Cube Entertainment’s new girl group (G)I-DLE she is credited with the lyrics, music and arrangement of her debut song “LATATA”.
- On Aug. 8, it was announced that Soyeon would participate in a girl group project called Station Young for SM Station together with Red Velvet’s Seulgi, Kim Chung-ha and GFriend’s SinB. Station Young released their song, “Wow Thing,” on September 28, 2018.
- In February 2018, So Yeon and her partner Mi Yeon worked with Riot Games in collaboration with American artists Jaira Burns and Madison Beer as part of a virtual K-pop girl group called “K/DA” for the League of Legends video game. So Yeon, Mi Yeon, Beer and Burns recorded vocals for the virtual group, which consists a series of aspects of various in-game characters living together in an alternate universe to the game which connects to the real world through the music industry. K/DA officially debuted with the song “POP/STARS” during the League of Legends 2018 World Championship on November 3, 2018.
- The official music video for “POP/STARS” was released on the same day, reaching 30 million plays on YouTube in five days and 100 million in one month. The song’s individual release reached the number one position on Billboard’s worldwide digital songs chart. The K/DA incarnation of the character Akali, voiced by Soyeon, proved especially popular, being the most purchased appearance in the 10-year history of League of Legends.
- In March 2019, she publicly apologized for using a pirated version of the German music production software Ni Kontakt. She wrote on her online fan community site “I deeply regret having used an illegal copy of the program. As far as I remember, I used it when I first learned to write songs. I hadn’t even acknowledged that I didn’t delete the program I also reflect on this. But from the day I started composing seriously, I’ve only used authorized programs. “The apology came days after a YouTube behind-the-scenes video of the preparation of the agency-produced I Made EP accidentally showed icons of the illegal copying of the software on its laptop screen. The agency removed the video and apologized.
- In a radio interview with (G)I-DLE said that the song “NO ” of CLC was a gift to them, and that’s why she gave them the rights to the song, she wanted to see them succeed. she would also like to compose for fromis_9
- Due to the huge popularity of K/DA Riot Games decided to continue the lineup of their virtual K-pop group by expanding the alternate universe by announcing on October 28, 2018 the lineup and release date of True Damage, the next virtual K-Pop group released by Riot games after K/DA which will explain the background of the character played by So Yeon, Akali. The lineup will include Becky G , Keke Palmer, Tutmosis and Duckworth, along with the return of Soyeon. The song, named “Giants, was released on November 10 during the League of Legends World Championship.
- Soyeon is the first girl group idol to write a mini album completely on her own, without the help of co-writers.
- Achieved a position of #7 in Individual Girl Group Members Brand Big Data in April of 2020.
Born August 26, 1998 in Seoul, South Korea.
She is best known for her participation in the first season of PRODUCE 101 as well as in the third season of Unpretty Rapstar.
2017: Solo debut with her first single “Jelly”.
On November 5, 2017, Soyeon made her debut as a solo artist with the song “Jelly “In the video, several artists from the same agency appear E’DAWN and Woo Seok from PENTAGON, Lai Kuan Lin from BATHTUB ONE Jo Woo Chan and her group partner Soo Jin.
2018: Comeback with their second single “Idle song” and debut together with (G)I-DLE
On February 28, 2018, Soyeon made her comeback with a new single titled “Idle song “In the MV, the origin and the number of members of her group are revealed. (G)I-DLE likewise, the mysterious girl (Soo Jin) with a fox mask.
On April 12, Soyeon was officially introduced as a member of (G)I-DLE.
2021: Solo comeback with her first mini album “Windy”.
On June 17, a promotional image was released announcing her official comeback with her first mini album called “Windy”, which would be released on July 5, 2021.
Soyeon ((G)I-DLE) Advertisement
- Gmarket (2016)
Soyeon ((G)I-DLE) Collaborations
- Ravi – Ani (Feat. So Yeon ((G)I-DLE)) (2021)
- HYO – DESSERT (Feat Loopy soyeon from (G)I-DLE ) (2020)
- True Damage – GIANTS (ft. Becky G, Keke Palmer, Soyeon, Duckwrth, Thutmose) (2019).
- Key – I Wanna Be (Feat. Soyeon or (G)I-DLE ) (2019)
- Lee Min Hyuk – You Too? Me Too! (Feat. Soyeon) of (G)I-DLE (2019)
Soyeon ((G)I-DLE) Music
Soyeon ((G)I-DLE) Awards
Soyeon ((G)I-DLE) TV Programs
- My Teenage Girl (MBC, 2021) Mint
- Jessi’s Showterview (SBS, 08.07.2021) (Ep. 58)
- Do You Know Hip Hop (Mnet, 2020)
- Queendom (Mnet, 2019)
- Super junior’s Super TV (XtvN, tvN, tvN Asia, Mnet Japan 2018)
- Unpretty Rapstar 3 (Mnet, 2016).
- PRODUCE 101 (Mnet, 2016)