Song JiEun (SECRET) Facts
- Former Kpop group SECRET (2009-2018)
- Position: Vocalist, dancer and maknae
- Hobbies Spending time with friends, playing the piano, playing sports and knitting.
- Languages Korean and Japanese.
- Specialties: Singing, dancing and composing.
- Religion: Protestant.
- Her childhood dream was to be a stewardess.
- She was originally an apprentice at JYP Entertainment, where she was to make her debut in a group along with Hyolyn, Hani from EXID and U-JIhow ever, plans did not go well and her debut was cancelled.
- On July 4, 2010, she performed a duet with Jerry with the song “Going To Love” at the Mnet Super Concert.
- In the Mnet Idol Chart of best singers with MR removed, she came in tenth place.
- She participated in Immortal Song after the departure of IU together with Yoseob from HIGHLIGHT, Kim Jong Hyun from SHINee, Hyolyn, Ye Sung from Super Junior and Changmin from 2AM.
- She formed a group called “Middle School” together with her group mate Hana and Bang Yong Guk the group was hip-hop, but she didn’t rap.
- She says her best physical quality is her nose. When she was a child, her mother used to put a clip on her nose to make it thinner and she thinks it worked.
- She has a high tolerance for alcohol. When she drinks, she drinks with her parents, not with her group mates.
- She composed “Star”, one of the 5 songs of her first mini-album released on October 14, 2014, being the first time she was fully involved in the composition of a song.
- In an interview, she mentioned that she would like to do a collaboration with BTS because their songs are very good.
- Zhoumi confessed on Brave Writers that she wanted Jieun to be her partner on ‘We Got Married’. she said “She’s very pretty, I gave her my CD too.” she then decided to send her a message “Ji Eun, should we film ‘We Got Married’? I’ll treat you well. Let’s become popular together!
- She made her solo debut in Japan on December 2, 2014, being the first of the group members to make her solo debut overseas.
- She debuted as an actress in 2014, although she had participated in several cameos since 2010.
- When told in an interview that SECRET tends to show a lot of sexy concepts, she replied: “Most members have sexual attraction, so I always feel I have to catch up with them. So my sexiness is not out in the open, but I’ve actually had to work hard to achieve a sexy beauty. Basically, my sensuality is not really natural, but is made artificially through a lot of practice.”
- When asked which male singer she would like to duet with, she replied with a coy smile: “I want to sing with rappers. My voice is more on the sweet side, so I think it will sound good with rappers. “.
- Collaborates on a single album with her company partner Sleepy from Untouchable the song is a duet between the talented rapper and SECRET member, who is known for her beautiful voice. This is not their first time working together, as she previously worked with the duo Untouchable. Since the song received much love from fans for her lovely voice and catchy rap, the news about the duo received attention.
- The MV of “Cool Night” is made at TS Entertainment’s recording studio and Han River Park.
- She starred in ‘Sweet Home, Sweet Honey’, a 129-episode daily drama that began filming in the month of September 2015 and ended in April 2016.
- On September 20, 2016, she released her second mini album, which contains 6 songs and its title track, just like the album, is titled ‘Bobby Doll’.
- At the time when Sun Hwa left the group, Ji Eun became the maknae of the group Secret.
- According to the Korea Portal, because of the special connection she had with the actor Sung Hoonon the set of My Secret Romance speculation is rife that the two may be in a relationship.
- She participated in the composition of the lyrics of the song ‘Twilight’ by Kim Lip.
- In the month of December 2017, she removed “SECRET” from her Instagram bio and Twitter nickname. Lastly, she changed her Twitter username by changing @SECRETsongjieun to @songjieun_55.
- March 8, 2018 reported to be in a relationship with the actor Sung Hoon with whom she starred in My Secret Romance.
- The agency of Sung Hoon has denied the rumors.
Jieun is an only child. She was raised by her maternal aunt until the IMF crisis ended because her parents had to work a lot.
At a music school she attended, a teacher offered her to be a singing teacher, so she lied about her age and accepted. While studying and working as a singing teacher, she was called to sing the song “Learming to Fly” for the OST of the drama “Air City”.
At the school where she worked, the principal formed a mini-agency, and they formed a musical group called “Brown City” with 12 people. They performed in clubs, where they reached many fans.
She auditioned at JYP Entertainment at a young age, where she sang OST of Korean dramas in 2007 and 2008 such as “Learning To Fly” for Air City, “Bichunmooga” for Bichunmoo and “Perfume” for The Lawyers Of The Great Republic Korea. At the said agency she was to debut in a 4-girl group, alongside SISTAR’s Hyorin, BESTIe’s U-ji and EXID’s Hani. However, plans did not go as expected and in 2009 she ended up leaving JYP Entertainment to join TS Entertainment, where she finally debuted in the group SECRET.
She debuted in the group SECRET on October 13, 2009 as the lead vocalist and only a few months later made her solo debut with the song “Yesteday”, composed by Fly To The Sky’s singer Hwanhee.
On March 3, 2011, she released “Going Crazy” with the collaboration of Bang Yong Guk, who was unknown at that time. The song reached the 2nd place in music programs, competing against BIGBANG.
On the night of December 11, 2012, she had a car accident with her group mates. She confessed on Strong Heart program that Hyosung saved her from suffering major injuries. As she told, after the accident, she woke up when she heard the other members shouting her name. She realized that she was face down, her upper body was outside the car and her lower body was inside. She had pieces of glass next to her face, so she started to cry because she was so scared. Hyosung told her not to cry, that she was going to help her get out of there. Suddenly she felt that something inside the van was moving her, bringing her closer to the shards of glass, so she began to scream in desperation. However, she then realized that it was Hyosung’s legs, who was lifting her up so that she would not get hurt. For this heroic act, Hyosung injured a tendon in her foot, as she had been in a cast from falling down the stairs the previous year, but she saved.
On September 30, 2013, she released her first album, “Hope Torture”.
On September 24, 2014, a year after the previous solo, she released a new one, dealing with homosexual, racial love and older women with younger men. At the end of the video, the number “25” appeared on the ground written with fire, which would turn out to be the name of her next mini-album, revealed on October 14, 2014. For the first time, with “25”, she revealed a sexy side that she had not shown before.
On February 28, 2018, she announced her departure from the Secret group.
Song JiEun (SECRET) Collaborations
- 2019: Neko x James Lee (feat. Jieun) – Combat
- 2015: Sleepy (Untouchable) (feat. Jieun) – Cool Night
- 2013: B.A.P (feat. Jieun) – Coma
- 2012 B.A.P (feat. Jieun) – Secret Love
- 2010 G-20 (feat. Jieun) – Let’s Go
- 2010 Untouchable (feat. Jieun & Eluphant) – Get Up
- 2009 Untouchable (feat. Jieun) – Give My All
- 2008 Kim Dong Wook (feat. Jieun) – Empty Place
- 2008 Untouchable (feat. Jieun) – Give You
Song JiEun (SECRET) Drama
- That Guy’s Voice (iQiyi/Viki, 2022)
- Shh! Please Take Care of her (Seezn, 2021)
- So I Married An Anti-Fan (iQiyi, Naver TV, 2021) cameo
- Wish Woosh 2 (Naver TV, 2019)
- Melting Me Softly (tvN, 2019)
- My Secret Romance (OCN, 2017)
- Sweet Home, Sweet Honey (KBS1, 2015-2016)
- Immutable Law of First Love (Naver TVCAST, 2015)
- Serial Shopping Family (JTBC, 2015)
- Superhuman Generation (tvN, 2015)
- Drawing, Spring (Naver TV Cast, 2014)
- Remaining Love (KBS, 2013) cameo
- Shut Up Family (KBS, 2012) cameo
- More Charming by the Day (MBC, 2010) cameo
Song JiEun (SECRET) Films
- Woman of Fire (TBA)
Song JiEun (SECRET) TV Programs
- 2016 KBS Drama Awards (KBS, 2016)
- Duet Song Festival (MBC, 2016)
- Vitamin (KBS, 2016)
- Running Man (SBS, 2016)
- Beauty Station (2016)
- Duet Song Festival (MBC, 2016)
- Hello Counselor (KBS2, 2015)
- Vitamin (KBS, 2015)
- Serial Shopping Family (JTBC, 2015)
- 100 Song (JTBC, 2015)
- Immortal Songs 2 (KBS, 2015)
- Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook (KBS, 2015)
- King of Mask Singer (MBC, 2015)
- Match Made in Heaven Returns (MBC, 2015) Ep. 6-7
- Let’s Go! Dream Team 2 (KBS, 2015)
- Weekly Idol (MBC, 2014)
- Strong Heart (SBS, 2012)
- Immortal Songs 2 (KBS, 2011)
- Family Variety Bouquet (MBC, 2011)
- 2015 1st KWeb Fest: Best Actress in a Web Drama (Drawing, Spring)
Song JiEun (SECRET) TV Drama’s
- Everyday, Everynight theme for Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol (2020)
- Only For You subject for Wish Woosh 2 (2019)
- Between Us subject for Wish Woosh 2 (2019)
- Shiny Day subject for I Wanna Hear Your Song (2019)
- Let Me Hear (together with Basick) theme for Confession (2019)
- Same theme for My Secret Romance (2017)
- Nothing is Easy theme for My Secret Romance (2017)
- Same (next to Sung Hoon) theme for My Secret Romance (2017)
- D.N.A LUV (next to Alex) theme for Flirty Boy and Girl (2015)
- The Person I Miss theme for Shine or Go Crazy (2015)
- If Only I Could Go To You subject for God’s Gift – 14 Days (2014)
- It’s Cold theme for Take Care of Us, Captain (2012)
- Home-sick theme for The Lawyers of The Great Republic Korea (2008)
- Bi Chun Moo Ga theme for Bicheonmu (2008)
- Learning to Fly subject for Air City (2007)
- Fly subject for Air City (2007)