She made her debut in 1996 with the song ‘MR’ which was released through Naver Music. Despite having a long career in South Korea, she was only able to make her international breakthrough in 2014, when she became the first Korean artist to sing the American national anthem at an NBA game. So Hyang also achieved fame when she sang with ‘Kirk Franklin’. She has participated many times in TV music competition shows Immortal Songs 2 and I Am a Singer 2. winning twice in Immortal Songs 2 with the songs ‘Lean on Me’ and ‘Bridge Over Troubled Water’.
After winning the special episode of Michael Bolton at Immortal Songs 2with an incredible score of 442 points, Michael Bolton asked her to accompany her on her Korean tour. SoHyang accepted and they had many concerts together in South Korea. Moreover, the singer described SoHyang as a Virtuoso.
In the first half of 2017, SoHyang appeared in King of the mask singerof the chain MBC as a contestant and became a winner six times in a row (Generation 53-58), becoming the female singer with the most consecutive number of wins (Second overall) before losing her crown in July 2017 and exiting the show.
- Education: Kyung Hee University
- Hobbies: Drawing, watching cartoons, listening to music, singing.
- Voice type: Dramatic soprano of colocatura/agility.
- Vocal Rank d3 (D3) – A6 (A6) / Three octaves, three notes and a semitone.
- Rank Support: Sol#3 (G#3) and Mi6 (E6)
- She has impressive vocal skills, which make anyone who manages to listen to her vibrate. SoHyang has complete technical mastery across her vocal range. She has great placement in her breath control, impeccable control of her vibrato and an enviable vocal agility, she is able to do complex vocal lines in a heartbeat and sustain notes for long periods of time. Her greatest strength lies in her middle register, which due to her support and resonance can go to an incredible limit. SoHyang can easily be considered the best singer in South Korea and one of the best in Asia and even the world at the present time.
- She began her career in 1992, integrating the group POS and her husband played drums in it.
- She suffered from uterine cancer when she had just gotten married. She revealed that at first she suffered pains in her stomach, where she was diagnosed with a tumor in the head of the uterus, but at the time of surgery, they found cancer cells that in the medical examination had not been seen. Because of this, she had to stop singing for two years.
- I interpret the singing parts of the main character in the movie Moana belonging to Disney for the Korean version.
- She sang the main OST ‘Wind Song’, for the drama ‘Go Back Couple’. This OST was at n.1 in the charts of Melon for several weeks.
- Lee Young Hyun & So Hyang – Beside You (2014)
- Hwang Seong Je Project Super Hero 1st Line Up – Memories Resemble Love (2013)
- Diva Project Lee Young Hyun So Hyang, Lena Park – Mermaid (2011)
- Lee Suk Hoon – Thanks (2010)
- H Eugene – Love Warning (2010)
- The Horse Doctor (MBC, 2012)
- 2013-2014: The Sound of Music
Sohyang TV Programs
- I Am a Singer (MBC, 2012)
- Immortal Songs 2 (KBS, 2014)
- king of mask singer (MBC,2017)
Sohyang TV Drama’s
- Beautiful Words theme for Navillera (2021)
- Forgot theme for Homemade Love Story (2020)
- Beautiful Destiny theme for Birthcare Center (2020)
- Hello subject for 18 Again (2020)
- Eleven subject for When I Was Most Beautiful (2020)
- Hopefully Sky theme for Hi Bye Mama (2020)
- Road theme for Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life (2019)
- Starlight theme for Perfume (2019)
- The Last Promise theme for A Pledge to God (2018)
- Only My Heart Knows theme for she Hymn of Death (2018)
- I Love You theme for My Only One (2018)
- Close Your Eyes theme for Time (2018)
- Wind Song theme for Go Back Couple (2017)
- HOME theme for Strongest Deliveryman (2017)
- Don’t Forget Me theme for IRIS II (2013)
- Only One Thing (feat An Eun Kyung) theme for The Horse Doctor (2012)
- A Part Of This Dream (besides San E) theme for Dream High (2011)