Sewoon (YDPP) Facts
- Project Group YDPP
- Position: Vocalist and Dancer.
- Fandom 행운 / Haengwoon (Lucky).
- He has a YouTube channel where he uploads covers of different artists.
- At the age of 17, he participated in the third season of Kpop Star where he was initially known as ‘Busan Boy’ but later his fans started calling him as ‘Ponyo’ because of his strong resemblance to an anime character. He was eliminated in one of the rounds, however, he was invited to participate in the program only if he formed a duet with another contestant, Kim Ah Yeon. They were called SOMETHING.
- After joining STARSHIP was a trainee with members of Monsta X for a very short period of time, since immediately afterwards the survival program ‘NO MERCY’ was held where the members of Monsta X were chosen and only 13 trainees were announced to participate.
- He was a trainee with the members of WJSN Dawon revealed that he used to play the piano while Sewoon played the guitar.
- He was spotted participating in the auditions for the sixth season of Kpop Star the Last Chance, however, he was completely edited out of the program so it was assumed that he was either eliminated or left the competition.
- I participate in the second season of PRODUCE 101 he was eliminated in the last episode, being in the 12th position of the ranking, just one place away from being able to belong to the project group. After this he wrote a letter to his fans.
- In an episode of PRODUCE 101 boA asked him if he wanted to be an idol or an artist to which he replied that he imagined himself as a CEO in the future.
- On a Vapp broadcast he was asked what he thought about the nickname assigned to him by his fans; Ponyo. His answer was that he didn’t really know the animation so when he looked it up he thought it really looked like him as a kid. He also added that he liked his nickname and was grateful that he was given one.
- He enjoys sports, especially soccer and basketball.
- On June 23, 2017, the duo MIND U hosted a street event at COEX, where Sewoon and singer Seung Woo at the event, he performed an impressive version of the song “Mercy” of Shawn Mendes, to finally interpret one of his compositions, this one he presented at PRODUCE 101.
- His debut song “Just U” has made it to #1 on the Genie and Bugs charts.
- In the September 14, 2017 episode of M! Countdown was nominated for first place along with EXO after learning of this, the artist expressed his gratitude and thanked his fans for all the support he has received since he made his debut. The following week he was nominated again.
- On May 2, 2018 he unveiled the name for his fandom.
Sewoon (YDPP) Career
He was a participant in the third season of Kpop Star in the next rounds, he formed a duet with another contestant Kim Ah Yeon, which they called “Something”. The duet was eliminated and they made it to the TOP 8.
Following his participation, a company spokesperson said Starship Entertainment announced “The small details have been worked out and Jeong Se Woon is now officially part of our agency.” the company moved quickly to obtain his signature on a contract, the spokesman added “Se Woon is a real gem. He is very talented, has a unique voice and plays guitar very well. He also has outstanding skills. We haven’t set an exact date for his debut yet, but we are currently discussing such a matter.”.
In 2017 he participated in the second season of PRODUCE 101 where he came in 12th place, gaining popularity thanks to his skills and personality.
2017: Debut with on Mini Album ‘EVER’.
On August 1, several industry representatives reported that he has been putting together several tracks for inclusion on his first solo album. His agency commented “Se Woon is preparing for his solo debut with an eye on early September.”.
On August 31 at 6 p.m. (Korean time), their first mini album was released EVER along with the music video of its promotional track called Just U this is an exciting and sweet song, which expresses the feeling of falling completely in love with a woman, featuring the rap of Sik-K and was produced by GroovyRoom.
2018: Back with on Mini Album ‘AFTER’.
On January 8, Jeong Se Woon’s agency released a schedule for the first mini album.
The teasers began on January 9 with several days of photo puzzles, followed by concept photos, a track list, a winter film and more.
His new album, released on January 24, is entitled “Part 2. After” and the theme song “Baby It’s U” the song starts as an acoustic ballad before adding a catchy beat. Jeong Se Woon sweetly confesses his love while strolling in this scenic music video.
Sewoon (YDPP) Collaborations
- DinDin – To You (Feat. Jeong Se Woon) (2021)
- Sunwoo Jung A – BUFFALO (Feat Dami from Dreamcatcher Song Eun Yi, Yu Seung Woo Yoon Ji Young, Jeong Se Woon, 15인의 소띠들) (2021)
- Jeong Se Woon 1st Concert “Happily Ever After” 2019
- 21 and 22 April – Seoul, South Korea – Jangchung Grammar School
- April 24 – Taipei, Taiwan – NTU Sports Center
Sewoon (YDPP) Awards
Sewoon (YDPP) Radio Programs
- Kang Hanna’s Volume Up (KBS Cool FM, 2021) (14.07.2021)
Sewoon (YDPP) TV Programs
- After School Club (Arirang, 15.10.2019) Ep. 390
- The Fan (SBS, 2018) Ep. 4-5
- It’s Dangerous Beyond The Blankets (MBC, 2018)
- After School Club (Arirang, 24.07.2018) (Ep.326)
- Sugarman 2 (jTBC, 2018) Ep. 5
- After School Club (Arirang, 06.02.2018) (Ep.302)
- After School Club (Arirang, 19.09.2017) (Ep.282)
- Master Key (SBS, 2017)
- Weekly Idol (MBC, 2017)
- Wanna One Go! Mnet, 2017) special guest Ep.2
- PRODUCE 101 (Season 2) (Mnet, 2017)
- Kpop Star (Season 3) (SBS, 2013)
Sewoon (YDPP) TV Drama’s
- My Wonderous Miracle theme for The Red Sleeve (2021)
- DOOR (Your Moon) theme for My Roommate is a Gumiho (2021)
- Time Machine theme for Scripting Your Destiny (2021)
- I Draw You subject for Extraordinary You (2019)
- You subject for Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency (2019)
- Good Night theme for Touch Your Heart (2019)
- Told You So subject for Where Stars Land (2018)
- It’s You theme for What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim? (2018)
- There’s Something theme for Wok of Love (2018)