2017-2018: Participation in Produce 101 and debut in Wanna One
Fantagio Entertainment sent Ong Seong Wu to participate in the second season of PRODUCE 101 he earned an ‘A’ ranking in the evaluations, finishing fifth in the final with 984,756 votes. He ended up being part of the top eleven contestants. Ong Seong Wu debuted as a member of the project group Wanna One on August 7, 2017 with the song “Energetic”, the end of the group would come on December 31, 2018, however, he continued to appear with the group until their official farewell concerts on January 24-27, 2019.
2019: Solo activities
At the conclusion of its activities with Wanna One ong held his first fan-meeting called “Eternity” in March and April 2019.
As part of the Pepsi K-Pop Collab Project 2019 by Pepsi and Starship Entertainment Ong released the single “Heart Sign.” The song was written by producers Flowblow, who wrote Wanna One’s hit debut single, “Energetic.” The music video was released on June 11, 2019.
Debut as an actor in dramas
Ong made his acting debut in the second half of the year, playing the male lead in the teen drama Moment of Eighteen he received many positive reviews for his emotional performance, and won several awards for the role. He also recorded the song “The Song of the Year” Our Story ” as part of the drama’s official soundtrack, which was released on August 8, 2019.
2020: 1st digital single “We belong”.
In January 2020, Ong kicked off his second fan meeting called “We Belong”. Starting in South Korea, the tour was scheduled to cover cities in various countries, including Thailand, Taiwan and the Philippines. The digital single “We Belong” was released on January 9. Intended as a fan song, He participated in both lyric writing and composition of the single, and performed it for the first time during the Seoul leg of his tour on January 11.
1st Mini-Album “LAYERS” and debut in theaters
On February 14, it was announced that Ong would return as a singer with his first solo album. On March 25, 2020, he released “LAYERS” as his first mini album, along with the lead single, “Gravity.” Ong participated in the composition and lyric writing of all the songs on the album, drawing inspiration from his emotions and stories from previous years. Ong will also make his film debut in the upcoming music movie, “Life is Beautiful” as Ryu’s younger counterpart in the movie. The movie will go to theaters later this year.
- Ex-Project Group: BATHTUB ONE (2017-2018)
- Position: Vocalist and Dancer.
- Ex-Sub-Unit: The Heal (2018)
- Specialties: Popping, playing the drums, doing tricks with his ears.
- Motto: “ I will work harder than anyone else, develop quickly and do well.”
- Apprentice time: 8 months.
- Rolemodels Kai from EXO
- Religion Protestant
- Nicknames Ongie Ongie.
- Welo (We eternally love ONG).
- Incheon Seolil Middle School (Graduate)
- Hanlim Arts and Arts High School Practical (Dance Department) (Graduate)
- Dongsoul University Dept. of Performing Arts (Present)
- He participated in the second season of PRODUCE 101 it should be noted that Seong Wu was in the final ranking of the project group, and was ranked 5th in the final ranking. TOP11 during all the chapters of the season.
- Ong is a very rare surname, due to the unfamiliarity of his real surname in many related search terms he appears with the incorrect surname.
- He belonged to his church as part of the choir.
- His father is a pastor (religious minister) in his church.
- He dreamed of being a singer for 10 years, he does not expect to talk about what he has suffered in the past but wants to be recognized more for his pure effort and ability rather than pity.
- In high school, he became an apprentice at Art Company Hada. He added as a drummer.
- He filmed a short film called ‘The Beginning’ with SURPRISE U.
- Would You Like a Cup of Coffee? (Cocoa TV, 2021)
- More Than Friends (jTBC, 2020)
- Moment of Eighteen (jTBC, 2019).
- Idol Fever (Naver TV, 2017)
- Korea Pepsi (2019)
- Hite Beer Extra Cold (2017)
- 20th Century Girl (2022) Special appearance
- Seoul Vibe (2022)
- Life is Beautiful (2020)
Seongwoo TV Programs
- Running Man (SBS, 2020) Ep.496
- Traveler – Argentina (jTBC, 2020)
- Master Key (SBS, 2017), together with Kang Daniel
- The return of Superman (KBS, 2017) together with Ji Hoon, Ji Sung and Daniel
- Happy Together 3 (KBS, 2017) together with Daniel, Ji Hoon, Min Hyun and Ji Sung
- PRODUCE 101 (Season 2) (Mnet, 2017)
- Law of the Jungle in Sabah (SBS, 2018), besides Sung Woon &
- Show! Music Core (MBC, 2018) MC together with Kang Mi Na and Mark
- 2020 Asia Model Awards: Popular Star Award (Actor)
- 2019 StarHub Night of Stars: Most Promising Actor (Moment of Eighteen)
- 2019 Asia Artist Awards: Rookie of the Year (actor) (Moment of Eighteen)
- 2019 12th Korea Drama Awards:: Best New Actor Award (Moment of Eighteen)
- 2019 12th Korea Drama Awards: Hallyu Star Award (Moment of Eighteen)
Seongwoo TV Drama’s
- Late Regret theme for More Than Friends (2020)
- Our Story subject for Moment of Eighteen (2019)
Seongwoo Music Videos
- Lee Seung Hwan & Sunwoo Jung A – How could you (2021)
- Huh Gak – Only You (2017)