Seohyun (Girls’ Generation) Facts
- Group Girls’ Generation
- Sub-unit Girls’ Generation-TTS
- Position: Vocalist, Dancer and Maknae
- Voice type: Light lyric soprano.
- Voice range: C3 ~ C#6 (3 octaves and 1 semitone)
- Registration supported G3/G#3 ~ B4/C5
- Seoul Middle School Daeyoung High School (Transferred to Jeonju Art High School)
- Dongguk University (School of Dramatic Theater).
- Fanclub Seomates
- Specialties: Japanese, singing, piano.
- Languages Korean (native language), Japanese (fluent), English (fluent) and Chinese (intermediate).
- Hobbies Studying English, meditating, playing the piano, listening to music, etc.
- Instruments Guitar, Piano, violin, drums and keyboards
- Motto “If your dream is alive, then someday it will come true.”
- Religion: Protestant
- She went to the same high school as YoonA.
- Her mother was the director of a piano academy, so she knows how to play the piano very well.
- She was discovered by an SM Entertainment administrator when she was walking through the subway.
- Her dream is to appear in a Japanese drama. In fact her motivations for becoming an actress were dramas Nodame Singable and Hotaru no Hikari.
- She, along with Dong Hae were appointed by the Seoul Metropolitan Office as goodwill ambassadors for “Student Fitness”. In addition, together they were one of the UNICEF envoys of Chang Seong-dong, Seoul. This is a remarkable feat, as only those who have a respectable reputation are appointed as goodwill representatives. To help the children of East Africa, all the proceeds from their duet together with Donghae called “Dreams Come True” were donated.
- In May 2010, it was disclosed that she and Tae Yeon were chosen as dubbing actresses for the Korean version of the 3D animated film “Despicable Me. Seohyun dubbed the character Edith, while Tae Yeon played the role of Margo, Edith’s older sister.
- In 2011 all members of Girls’ Generation they competed with their own covers for Marie Claire magazine, Seohyun’s cover sold out in 3 minutes, and she was the winner.
- She played Scarlett O’hara in the musical “Gone With the Wind” in 2015, receiving rave reviews for her role.
- According to a survey conducted at a cosmetic surgery hospital in Seoul, the results showed that of the 781 Internet users who participated, 348 (44.5%) voted in favor of Seohyun as a “member of the young group that shows the best natural beauty.”
- She donated 100 won at the university where she attends in scholarships, because she says she doesn’t like people dropping out of school because of economic hardship.
- She ranked #5 on Gaon’s monthly chart with 33,041 copies sold of her first solo album ‘Don’t Say No’ in 2017.
- She bought a house in Cheongdam-dong, about 238㎡/70. worth approximately 1.29 billion Won.
- Composed a song from the TTS Album ‘Holler the song is titled ‘Only U’ she also said that this was her favorite song since she composed it and that everything in it from the melody to the lyrics matches perfectly.
- Participated in ‘Saturday, Saturday Is a Singer’. from Infinity Challenge where she replaced Eugene.
- She desperately loves Goguma (sweet potatoes), even choosing them over men in a show.
- She had a dog named Dubu (Tofu).
- She admires Ban Ki Moon (UN Secretary).
- She likes to read a lot, especially self-help books.
- October 9, 2017 SM Entertainment announced SeoHyun’s departure from the agency due to contract termination, her activities with the group are still under discussion: “The members also have no thoughts of disbanding at all. Simply put, there are some members’ contracts that have ended, a careful decision will be made after discussing with the girls about the direction of Girls’ Generation’s future activities”.
- On May 29, 2018, it was revealed that since April she is no longer part of Sublime Artist Agency and plans to establish an agency. Sublime Artist Agency then communicated that Seo Hyun never had a management contract with them, so it is not correct to say that her contract expired. She only worked with them on advertisements and various activities, so they will continue to work with her in the future in the same way as now.
- On March 7, 2019, Namoo Actors officially announced that the idol-turned-actress had signed an exclusive contract with their agency.
- Seohyun secretly donated 10M won under her name (Seo Juhyun) to help the fire victims in Sockcho. The press realized later that it was SNSD Seohyun and so it was just reported.
Seo Joo Hyun was born as an only child on June 28, 1991 in Seoul. She attended the Seoul ‘Daeyoung High School’. where she graduated on February 9, 2010 with the Achievement Award, and in 2014 she graduated in the Dongguk University she was discovered in the Casting System 2003 SM and was a trainee for 4 years.
She was appointed together with Dong Hae by the Seoul Metropolitan Office as a goodwill ambassador for student fitness.
Career as Soloist
Seohyun released several singles with Jessica and Tiffany the first one called ‘Oppa Nappa’. and the second called ‘Mabinogi (It’s Fantastic) which was the theme of a video game..
He performed a song in the official soundtrack of the MBC drama, Kim Soo Ro called ‘It’s Okay Even If It Hurts’. it was heard in the sixth episode as the last song. The single was released on June 25, 2010.
On August 29, 2010, Seohyun joined Jung Yong Hwa on stage, and they had a dual performance. Girls’ Generation with ‘Run Devil Run’. and CNBLUE with ‘Love Light’. the concert was televised on September 4 on MBC’s Show! Music Core.
In October 2010, Seohyun was one of the 20 idols from different groups in South Korea who recorded the song ‘Let’s Go’. in order to increase public participation in the 2010 G-20 summit in Seoul, she sang along with her record label mates Sung Min, Kim Jong Hyun and Moon January 10, 2017, SM Entertainment revealed that Seo Hyun would make her debut as a solo artist with her first mini album titled ‘Don’t Say No which was launched on January 17.
Seohyun (Girls’ Generation) Advertisement
- MICHAA F/W (2019 ~)
- Peacock Tiramisu (2017)
- Maeil Soy Milk (2017)
- Jay Cosmetics Hair Curator (2013)
- CASIO (2012)
- MIXXO (2014)
- Louis Quatorz (2015)
- Lotte Bono Ice Cream (2015)
- Lotte Department Store (2012 ~ 2014)
- Samantha Tabasajins (2013, Japan only)
- Blade Soul (2013, Chinese game model)
- True Move (2013, for Thailand)
- G-Star Raw (2013, for Japan)
- SK Teleom (2013)
- Kookmin Bank (2013)
- Naver LINE (2013)
- Tommy Hilfiger Denim (2013)
- Ace Bed (2012 – 2013)
- LG Electronics 3D TV (2012 ~ 2013)
- The Face Shop (besides Kim Hyun Joong ) (2011-2013)
- Netmarble Magu Magu (2013)
- Freestyle (2012)
- Fragrance GIRL (2012)
- Korean Yakult LOOK (2012)
- SPAO (2009 ~ 2012)
- J.ESTINA (2011-2012)
- Guangdong Pharmaceutical Vita 500 (2011)
- Seven-Eleven (2011, for Japan)
- E-ma neck candy (2011, for Japan)
- Lipton (2011, for Japan)
- Woongjin Coway (2011)
- INTEL (2011)
- VOGUE GIRL (2011)
- Domino’s Pizza (2010 ~ 2011)
- Clean clear Ft F (x) Krystal (2010)
- DAUM (2010)
- Nintendo DSI (2010)
- Happy Money Gift Certificate (2010)
- Child Popcorn (2010)
- Samsung Electronics (2010, for China)
- LG Electronics New Chocolate / MAXX / Cookie (2009-2010)
- Samyang Ramen (2009-2010)
- Post Granola Cereal (2009-2010)
- Shinhan Card (2009)
- Miero Beauty (2009)
- Binggrae Banana Milk (2009)
- Elite school uniform (2007-2009)
- Elsece (2008 ~ 2009)
- Philip PMP (2008)
- Samsung Electronics Anycall (2008)
- MapleStory (2008)
- Bubble Fighter (2008)
- Mabinogi (2008)
- Sunkist (2007-2008)
- Smart Uniform Model (2004)
Seohyun (Girls’ Generation) Collaborations
- Jessica Tiffany & Seo Hyun – Mabinogi (It’s Fantastic!) (2008)
- Jessica Tiffany & Seo Hyun – Oppa Nappa (2008)
Seohyun (Girls’ Generation) Music
- Girls’ Generation – Holiday (2017)
- Girls’ Generation – Sweet Talk (2017)
- Girls’ Generation-TTS – Dear Santa (2015)
- Girls’ Generation-TTS – Only U (2014)
- Girls’ Generation – XYZ (together with Yuri ) (2013)
- Girls’ Generation – Baby Maybe (together with Soo Young, Yuri ) (2013)
- Seo Hyun 1st Concert “Love, Still” 2017
- february 24, 25 & 26 – Seoul, South Korea – SMTOWN Theatre
- 08 and 09 April – Seoul, South Korea – SMTOWN Theatre
- SEOHYUN ‘MEMORIES’ ASIA FANMEETING 2018-2019
- November 07 – Bangkok, Thailand – Central Plaza Chaengwattana Hall
- 10 November – Seoul, South Korea – Kbs sand &
- 24 November – Taipei, Taiwan – Ntu sports center
- 27 January – Hong Kong – HKCEC 5G
- February 02 – Tokyo, Japan – Maihama amphitheater
- February 11 – Osaka, japan – Amagasaki archaic hall
Seohyun (Girls’ Generation) Drama
- Jinx’s Lover (TBA, 2021)
- Private Lives (JTBC, 2020)
- Hi Dracula (jTBC, 2020)
- Canvas the Emperor (QQLive, 2019)
- Time (MBC, 2018)
- Bad Thief, Good Thief (MBC, 2017).
- Ruby Ruby Love (OnStyle/Naver TV, 2017)
- Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo (MBC, 2016) cameo
- Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo (SBS, 2016)
- Warm and Cozy (MBC, 2015) cameo
- The Producers (KBS2, 2015) cameo
- Passionate Love (SBS, 2013)
- Sazae-san SP 3 (Fuji TV, 2011) cameo
- Unstoppable Marriage (KBS2, 2007) cameo
Seohyun (Girls’ Generation) Musicals
- 2017: No Already Concert
- 2016: Mamma Mia
- 2015: Gone with the Wind
- 2014: The Moon That Embraces The Sun
Seohyun (Girls’ Generation) Films
- Holy Night: Demon Hunters (2022)
- Love and Leashes (2022)
- So I Married An Anti-Fan (2016)
- My Palpitating Life (2014) cameo
- Despicable Me 2 (2013) (Voice Actress)
- I AM (2012)
- SMTOWN Live in Tokyo Special Edition (2012)
- Despicable Me (2010) (Voice Actress)
Seohyun (Girls’ Generation) Awards
- 2018: MBC Drama Awards: Fighting Performance Award (by Time)
- 2018: Korea Best Star Awards: Best Drama Star
- 2018: 2nd The Seoul Awards: Popularity Award
- 2017: Mnet M! Countdown (01/26): “Don’t Say No”
- 2017: MBC Drama Awards: Best New Actress Award (for Bad Thief, Good Thief)
- 2016: SBS Drama Awards: Special Acting Award, in a Fantasy Drama (for Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo)
- 2014: Dongguk University: The Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2010: MBC Entertainment Awards Best Couple Award (besides Yong Hwa from CNBLUE )
- 2010: South Korea Ministry of Culture: Recognition Award
Seohyun (Girls’ Generation) TV Programs
- 2017: King of Mask Singer
- 2016: & Running Man (SBS, 2016) Ep.294
- 2014: Fashion King Korea (12.01.2014, as a model of Tiffany)
- 2012-2013: Show! Music Core (MC ft Tiffany and Tae Yeon )
- 2011-2012: Girls’ Generation and The Dangerous Boys
- 2011: Dream Team (Girls’ Generation ).
- 2011: Running Man ep. 63-64
- 2010: Star King
- 2010: Star Golden
- 2010: Intimate Note
- 2010: Win Win Win
- 2009: We Got Married wife of Jung Yong Hwa
- 2009: Hello Baby!
- 2008: Horror Movie Factory (Girls’ Generation ).
- Seohyun Home (2017)
Seohyun (Girls’ Generation) TV Drama’s
- I’ll Be Waiting subject for Fashion King (2012)
- Rampant Fine theme for Kim Soo Ro (2010)
Seohyun (Girls’ Generation) Music Videos
- TRAX – Oh! My Goddess (2010)