ROSÉ (BLACKPINK) Facts
- Group BLACKPINK
- Position: Vocalist and Dancer.
- Voice type: Lyric Soprano Light
- Rank C3 – A5 (2 octaves, 4 notes, 1 half-tone)
- Registration Bb3/B3 – G#4/A4
- Training period: 4 years
- Canterbury Girls’ Secondary College
- Languages English (Mother Tongue), Korean (Fluent), Japanese (Intermediate)
- Nationality: New Zealander of Korean descent
- Instruments: Piano, guitar and drums (learning).
- Religion Christian
- Favorite color: Red, Blue and Black
- Hobbies: Playing guitar and piano, outdoor walks, cycling.
- Favorite food: Kimchi stew.
- Nicknames: Chae, Chaenggie, Rosíe, Ninja, Chipmunk, Pasta
- Models to follow: Tae Yang from BIGBANG and Sam Smith.
- She was born in New Zealand, lived from the age of 8 in Melbourne, Australia, and in 2012 moved to South Korea to do her internship in the company. she received the first position in 2012. Due to this, she joined the company in April of the same year and moved to South Korea with her mother, while her father and sister still reside in Australia. she auditioned with the song “I Won’t Give Up” by Jason Mraz.
- She was in her church choir when she was young.
- She was a cheerleader during her time at the Institute.
- She was the last member of the group to be revealed.
- Participated on December 26, 2016 in the SBS Gayo Daejun 2016 SBS Festival with a collaboration together with Chan Yeol from EXO, Ji Hyo from TWICE and 10cm where they performed new versions of songs from their respective groups.
- During her appearance on “Radio Star” she demonstrates her special skill in ventriloquism.
- Ji Soo she asked “When did you realize you had finally made your debut?” rosé then replied “A few days ago, when I opened the window to feel the wind, I heard our music.”
- To motivate herself, she surfs the web non-stop, especially watching live videos of artists. She watches them a lot. When she watches them she always thinks she should do it like this and gets inspired and practices.
- She participated in the show “King of Masked Singer” where she performed “Livin La Vida Loca” with her opponent, making it to the second round. she became #1 trending on Naver after performing on the show. During her participation in the show “King of Masked Singer” she proved that she is capable of imitating the voice of G-Dragon and that of pop singer Britney Spears.
- She was the vocal guide for “Just Dance,” the show’s theme song MIXNINE and produced by Teddy.
- To celebrate her 22nd birthday and as a thank you to her fans for wishing her a happy birthday, she covered Halsey’s “Eyes Closed”, also available on YouTube and SoundCloud.
- In 2019 on TC Candler’s official website she appeared in “The Most Beautiful Faces of Asia 2019” ranking #66.
- On January 31, 2021, Rosé presented for the first time her first solo song titled “The first solo song “Gone” during the concert of BLACKPINK ‘THE SHOW’.
- “R” has been certified Platinum in Gaon for selling more than 250,000 units.
- “R” has been certified double Platinum in Gaon for selling more than 500,000 units.
2016: Debut with BLACKPINK
Rosé has been confirmed as the fourth and final member of BLACKPINK on June 22, 2016, prior to her debut, she collaborated with G-Dragon during the debut, she was considered the new face of the group, as she was the only unknown member so far.
2018-2019: Delayed debut
Previously, on Oct. 17, 2018, it was reported that the four members of BLACKPINK the agency confirmed that Rosé would follow Jennie as the second member of the group to release a solo song.
On September 1, 2019 Rosé issued a livestream via Instagram to calm fans and clarify that her solo was in process as planned from the beginning. Rosé also mentioned having the reins on her debut and that she wanted to show it once everything was perfect, asking her fans not to worry too much, as not only should the song be finished but they have to find the right time to release it. Controversies related to YG Entertainment seem to delay the group’s activities on an ongoing basis.
2021: Official solo debut with “On the Ground”.
Now officially, on January 25, 2021 Rosé’s first release as a solo artist is announced with a teaser titled “COMING SOON”, as well as announcing that this release will be presented at the next online concert of BLACKPINK titled “THE SHOW” due January 31, 2020 and that the song would be a b-side track from Rosé’s upcoming solo album. It is also confirmed that Rosé’s official debut will feature a high-priced, high-production MV.
The first teaser was released on March 07, 2021 and the second teaser was released on March 09, 2021. On March 11, 13 PM (KST) she did a live on the Vlive app in which she gave some previews about her debut MV and showed in detail her mini album. 10 minutes before her official debut she presented an interview completely in English on the official YouTube channel of BLACKPINK on the same day at 14PM (KST) her MV was revealed “On the Ground” along with their single titled ‘R’ which includes her song already featured in ‘The Show’. “Gone” together with their instrumental versions.
On April 1st at 00AM (KST) it was announced through social networks that on April 5th the MV of “Gone” previously a part of the MV was presented at BLACKPINK’s online concert.
ROSÉ (BLACKPINK) Advertisement
- Saint Laurent’s Fall 2020 – Fall Collection (2020)
- Yves Saint Laurent (2020)
- Perfect World Entertainment’s MMORPG Perfect World Mobile (2019)
- Kiss Me (together with Ji Soo ) (2018)
- Moonshot (besides Ji Soo ) (2017)
ROSÉ (BLACKPINK) Collaborations
- G-Dragon – Without You (feat. Rosé) (2012)
ROSÉ (BLACKPINK) Drama
- YG Future Strategy Office (Netflix, 2018). Cameo
ROSÉ (BLACKPINK) Films
- BLACKPINK: Light Up The Sky (Netflix, 2020). Documentary
ROSÉ (BLACKPINK) Awards
ROSÉ (BLACKPINK) TV Programs
- (jTBC) Knowing Bros (20.03.2021) together with Lee Hye Ri
- (MBC) Weekly Idol (2016)
- (MBC) Radio Star (28.12.2016) besides. Ji Soo
- (SBS) Running Man (18.12.2016)
- (MBC) King of Mask Singer (2017) as. Circus Girl
- (MBC) Weekly Idol (2017)
- (SBS) Fantastic Duo (2017)
- (JTBC) Knowing Bros (05.08.2017)
- (SBS) Party People (13.08.2017)
- (MBC) Waiting Room Of Terror (28.06.2017)
- (MBC) My Little Television (20.05.2017)
- (SBS) K-Pop Star 6 (12.02.2017)
- (tvN) Amazing saturday (2018) besides Ji Soo
- (tvN) Wednesday Foodtalk. EP 184