Korean makeup artist and ex-Ulzzang. She started out as a makeup and fashion Youtuber, but soon became the channel of beautynumber one nationally on YouTube.
After graduating, she worked as a graphic designer, applying it positively to make-up. As a make-up blogger, she published several make-up books and worked with CJ E&M and uploaded a series on the youtube channel of “insiteTV” under the name “Pony Beauty Diary.” From the end of May to December 2015, she became a full-time makeup artist for CL and became famous in Korea and abroad.
Pony partnered with Memebox, a subscription box company that focuses on curating Korean beauty products and cosmetics, to create her own line. The range includes eyeshadow palettes for easy glam, dewy lipsticks, and nail polishes in bright, tropical colors. The line with Memebox has been so successful that Pony ternimated creating her own makeup brand, Pony Effect.
In 2016, it partnered with the famous Chinese photo editing mobile app called “MAKEUPPLUS “to create a filter called “pony makeup which was made in collaboration with the Chinese company of the application Meitu and Pony. this filter became a big trend among Internet users and different celebrities who used it as the MCs Park Myung Soo and Yoo Jae Suk, the singer Baek Ah Yeon members of FT ISLAND &Lee Jae Jin ysong Seung Hyun. the application was so popular that other applications started to offer similar filters.
- Makeup line: “PONY EFFECT.
- She has gained a lot of popularity thanks to her helpful makeup tutorials and fresh personality. Thanks to a video tutorial where she does her makeup like Taylor Swift, she gained a lot of international attention.
- She is the personal make-up artist of CL from 2NE1 since 2015.
- On November 09, 2015 she launched her makeup brand Pony Effect.
- She was involved in a strong controversy over the magnetic brush design announced in her brand in early May 2016 as plagiarism famous overseas makeup artist Leah Morris, who recounted the facts to fans, said, “Obviously, she copied my designs,” but Pony said, “It’s okay because I did it within legal limits.” In fact, borrowing and copying cosmetic cases and ideas is not unusual because it happens in public, so it can only be accused in terms of moral issues.
- On May 09, 2017, she married her boyfriend of 10 years, renowned photographer Bae Hyun Woo
- Her personal YouTube channel has surpassed three million subscribers.
- Easy Derm Beauty
- Pony Effect
- Etude House
- Pony’s Celeb Makeup Book – Pony’s Makeup Book Vol. 1, 2 and 3.
- Pony Style 2014 Makeup BOOK Fashion Beauty Beauty Hair Skin
- Korea Book Pony’s Special MakeUp Book
- Pony Special Makeup Book A Revised and Enlarged Edition Vol.2
- Pony Special Makeup Book Edition Vol.1
- PONY’s Micro-plastic Making-Up Techniques
- the Secret of Seasons Makeup
- PONY Hotdataset Beauty Makeup Sweet Talk