Park Soo-ah (Orange Caramel) Facts
- Kpop Group: Orange Caramel
- Position: Vocalist, Rapper, Dancer and Maknae.
- Ex-Kpop Group: After School (2010-2018).
- Subgroup AS BLUE.
- Ex-Project Group: Mystic White (2012) / Hitmaker (2014).
- Fan club Lizzbians / Lizzylicious.
- Specialties: Swimming /Piano
- Debut In 2010, After School.
- Haigang Junior High School (Graduate)
- Yemun Girl High School (Graduate)
- Apgujeong High School (Graduate)
- Kyunghee University Postmodern Music Department
- Languages Korean (native language), Japanese (fluent) and English (basic).
- Hobbies: Listening to music, playing Nintendo DS, art and crafts.
- Rolemodels: Lady Gaga
- It is the original 4th generation of After School pledis announced that she was part of the 3rd.
- Lizzy belongs to the group 92line together with E-Young, Zico and Park Kyung from Block B, C.A.P from TEEN TOP, Seung Hyun and Choi Min Hwan FTISLAND.
- She was going to be one of the protagonists of the Running Man program but got out due to the fact that her group (After School ) was in Japan promoting. After leaving Running Man she was with depression. Lizzy explained: “I had a hard time becoming part of the cast and being a permanent part of it; people thought I was just a guest and appeared often, since I was taken off the air. After I left Running Man people told me ‘she’s the girl who got fired from Running Man’. Then she added “I didn’t get fired, I left Running Man, because of the schedule, and because I also had to be in After School, I’m much better now”.
- She ranked 63rd on the list of “The 100 Most Beautiful Faces in the World 2013” according to TC Candler.
- Participate in a project group of the program Hitmaker called Cham Sonyeo together with G.NA Heo Young Ji and Kwon So Hyun.
- In her debut as a solo artist she had a duet with comedian and MC of Weekly Idol, Jung Hyung Don.
- She took on the role of Gary Goodridge by Deam Contest Comic Comics writer Choi Min-Min.
- On May 1, 2018, she officially announced her retirement from After School. In a handwritten letter to fans she explained, “Spring is here after winter, I am writing to inform you about the beginning of the 2nd act of my life. I was hoping to graduate someday but even though this is my 9th year as a member, it feels like my graduation has come quickly. I was a high school student before I received a casting offer at Busan Convention Center in 2009. I came to Seoul and as a trainee, I became a member of After School under the name ‘Lizzy’ in March 2010. Since then I have been active with Orange Caramel and After School Blue. Those were joyful, happy days that I spent with many people as if they were my world. Even as I look back, they were sincerely the most beautiful moments of my life. I would like to thank Pledis Entertainment and CEO Han Sung Soo who raised me as Lizzy and brought me to the place where I am now. I won’t forget what they did for me and I will always be grateful. To the members who shared my pains and joys, thank you and I will always be grateful. ”
- On the same day, Pledis Entertainment announced the end of their exclusive contract with Lizzy on After School’s official fan cafe and their official website. “Please be advised that our contract with Lizzy expired on April 30, 2018,” they said.” We have had a meaningful conversation with Lizzy and have agreed to terminate her contract while respecting her intention to pursue her dreams through various avenues. We would like to take this opportunity to thank Lizzy who has trusted and worked with us for so long. Although our contract has ended, we will support Lizzy’s future as she will not only be a singer but will be active in various fields. “.
- Pledis Entertainment also shared their farewell on Twitter, sharing photo of Lizzy and writing, “we will support your future that will be even brighter! “.
- On May 10, 2018, it was reported that she joins the agency Celltrion Entertainment. her contract expired on August 19, 2021.
- On May 19, 2021, Park Soo Young was booked without arrest on the charge of violating the Road Traffic Law that prohibits drunk driving. She admitted to the charges when questioned by police. On May 18 at approximately 10 pm KST, Park Soo Young was driving in the Cheongdam neighborhood in Seoul’s Gangnam district when she collided with a cab. No injuries resulted from the accident. Her blood alcohol content at the time of the accident was at a level for which she will be penalized with the withdrawal of her driver’s license.
- On September 27, 2021, the prosecution requested a prison sentence of one year for driving without a license and while intoxicated, she was indicted on charges of dangerous driving under the ‘Additional Punishment Law on Specific Offenses’ and violating the ‘Road Traffic Law’ with her DUI
- On October 28, 2021, the Seoul Central District Court issued Park Soo Young a fine of 15 million won (approximately $12,790). The court stated “While the defendant was intoxicated and in a state where she could not drive normally, she caused a motor vehicle accident that injured the victim. Her blood alcohol level was also high and punishment is needed to accommodate these factors.” They continued “We take into consideration the fact that this is the defendant’s first offense, that the victim’s injury is minor, and that the defendant surrendered her car to demonstrate her determination to prevent the offense from occurring again.”.
About Park Soo Young
When After School did their comeback with “BANG!” there was one more member than there should be, it was then that days later, it was announced that Lizzy would be a member of the group. Although it was not a complete surprise, since they had previously published some photos, and she had also participated in some presentations of the group, however, she used masks or things like that keeping her face secret, which gave her a very promising appearance.
On May 1, 2018, Lizzy posted a handwritten letter announcing her departure from Pledis Entertainment and After School on her official fan-cafe.
On July 3, 2018, she changed her stage name from Lizzy to Soo Ah. On November 19, 2019, she started using her real name.
Park Soo-ah (Orange Caramel) Advertisement
- Bcuz CF together with Nana (2016)
- Dotum Chicken (2015)
- LaNeige (2014)
- FC Embrassez-moi (2013)
- New Balance FC (2011) Ft NU’EST
Park Soo-ah (Orange Caramel) Collaborations
- Park Myung Soo & Lizzy – “GoodBye PMS” (2015)
- Yoon Gun – “Chemistry ” ft. Lizzy & Zizo (2014)
- Lizzy & Andup – “Cosmetic” (2012)
- Defconn – “How to Leave the Rapper”. ft. Lizzy (2010)
- Lizzy – I CRY (Feat Su Ho ) (2010)
Park Soo-ah (Orange Caramel) Drama
- Oh My Baby (tvN, 2020)
- Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency (jTBC, 2019) Special appearance
- Kim is A Genius (jTBC, 2019)
- Ugly Miss Young-Ae 17 (tvN, 2019)
- Fates & Furies (SBS, 2018-2019)
- I Picked Up a Star on the Road (Oksusu TV, 2018).
- Angry Mom (MBC, 2015)
- Momo Salon (Naver TV, 2014)
- After School Luck or Not (TV STore / BTV, 2013) cameo
- Akuryo Byoutou (TBS-MBS, 2013) cameo ep.3.4
- What is Mom? (MBC, 2012) cameo
- Rascal Sons (MBC, 2012)
- All My Love (MBC, 2010)
Park Soo-ah (Orange Caramel) Films
- That Day’s Mood (2016)
- Today’s Love (2015)
- Momo Salon (Steel Cuts, 2014)
- White: The Melody of the Curse (2011) cameo
Park Soo-ah (Orange Caramel) TV Programs
- 2016 Please Take Care of Vanity 2 (as MC)
- 2016: Comedy Big League EP.158
- 2016: & Two Yoo Project – Sugar Man (together with Raina and Red Velvet ) (JTBC)
- 2016: & Running Man (SBS, 2016) Ep.292
- 2015-2016: Tasty Road (besides Park Soo Jin ) (Olive)
- 2015-2016: King of Mask Singer (MBC)
- 2015 Weekly Idol (MBCevery 1)
- 2014: After School Beauty Bible (KBS W)
- 2014: Roommate (SBS) Ep. 16
- 2014 The Human Condition Ep. 67-68-69 (KBS)
- 2013: Shinhwa Broadcast (next to Jung Eun Ji ) (JTBC)
- 2012: Pit-Pat-Shake (together with Lee Joon ) (SBS)
- 2011: & We Got Married (MBC) Ep. 114 and 115
- 2011: Lunar New Year Special (together with UEE ) (SBS)
- 2010-2011: Running Man (SBS) Guest Ep. 13-14, 18; Permanent Member Ep. 19-25
- 2010: Playgirlz School Every 1 (MBC)
Park Soo-ah (Orange Caramel) TV Drama’s
- Flower (besides Kanto ) theme for Cheer Up! (2015)
- Beautiful Girl subject for All My Love (2011)
Park Soo-ah (Orange Caramel) Music Videos
- 99 – (NintyNine) (2015).
- Clap – TEEN TOP & (2010)
- Saturday Night – Son Dam Bi (2009)