Park hyo-shin’s deep voice, low and soft tones and real warmth have brought him worldwide acclaim and he is considered one of Korea’s greatest singers.
He made his debut in November 1999 when he was just 19 years old with ‘Things I Cannot Do For You followed by ‘Crazy.
He immediately caught the attention of the public for his extremely deep voice, which is not common in young people of that age. In addition to a good voice, he had great singing skills. Thanks to this talent, in addition to being recognized by the public and critics, he had the opportunity to star in a musical a year after his debut. Later, he participated in several recording projects of famous singers such as Deulgukhwa, Lee Sora and many others, being one of the favorites of many artists in this field.
Park studied at Kyung- Hee University and has a major in post-modern music. Thanks to his gift for this profession, since the second album, renowned writers and composers such as Yoon Sang Hyun, Kim Dong Ryul and Yoo Hee Yeol offered to produce romantic ballads, Park Hyo Shin’s preferred style.
In January 2001 he released his second album ‘Second Story’. and performs the Nationwide Tour Concert but it wasn’t until their 3rd album ‘Time Honored Voice’. when he scored his first major hit with the song ‘A Good Person as well as with ‘Standing In that Place’. of his 4th album ‘Soul Tree’..
He went through many problems with the people who managed his career since 2004 to return in 2008. He is a boy who has suffered a lot for his vocation and he is one of the few who was really born to sing!.
On March 23, 2014, Park hyo-shin released his second single ‘Wild Flower’. the song features 50 orchestral and piano sounds and was released online on March 28. The reception to ‘Wild Flower’. was very good as it was the first song that the singer had released in four years, since his sixth album, ‘Gift Part.2′ 2010 and topped nine South Korean music charts.
On November 24, 2014, he released his third single called ‘Happy Together’. name he also gave to his concert tour to celebrate the 15th anniversary of his musical debut.
On October 3, 2016, Park hyo-shin will release his seventh full-length album titled ‘The New York Times’.I Am A Dreamer.
Park Hyo-shin Facts
- Debut: November 1, 1999.
- Kyung Hee University, Department of Modern Music.
- Languages: Korean (native language), Japanese and English.
- Genre: K-pop, R&B.
- Entry into military service: December 21, 2010
- Discharge from military service: September 24, 2012
- Internationally recognized with the ballad ‘Snowflower for the KBS drama I’m Sorry, I Love You this song is a remake of the Japanese hit song by Mika Nakashima that after Park Hyo Shin’s version was released, many other artists released their own versions in their own language. Park was on hiatus in 2006 to prepare for his 5th album, which finally came out in early 2007 with the hit song “Memories Resemble Love”. again on a national tour with Concert tour The Breeze Of Soul He participates in the making of the unforgettable OST of the BSO drama called Iljimae singing the song “Hwashin” meaning “Letter of flowers “.
- During the fall of 2008 he participates in the Hwang Project as the lead vocalist to promote the album “The castle of Zoltar”. which has the undeniable style of Park Hyo Shin. In December 2008 he appeared on Peppermint Lee Hana, covering the song “Look Only at me” from Tae Yang from BIGBANG to promote the concert “The Soul Concert” in which he was part of along with other R&B stars.
- The MV of the song After love was filmed in Switzerland and gets a lot of attention not only because of Park Hyo Shin’s romantic kiss to Park Si Yeon but also because PHS
- He had previously stated that he was his ideal girl. (Although many fans were disappointed.) On August 29, 2009, the MV is released and on September 15, 2009, he releases his 6th albumgift-Part 1. The song “After Love” this year, 2009, he made two tours Park Hyo Shin nationwide concert tour ‘ [2009 Gift Live Tour]’ and the Encore Concert [2009 Gift Live +]..
- 2010 welcomes you with the Japan Concert [Japan First Gift]. august 23, 2010 features the main OST of the SBS drama Athena with the song “I Love You” on September 13, 2010, Park released his first album, which topped the charts once it was aired. “Goodbye Love” its digital single, and on September 25 begins its “Gift part 2 Tour Live” although Park Hyo Shin had to take his mandatory two-year break (military service) as of December 21, 2010, the MV Shed Tears was released on February 16, 2011 through Daum. This MV is like a preview of the movie I love You, I Love You Not that will star Hyun Bin and Im Soo Jung after revealing that he was a fan of Park Hyo Shin, the actor Yoon Shi Yoon agrees to appear in the new MV I promise You park Hyo Shin enlisted in the army on December 21 last year at a training c& in Chuncheon together with Lee Jun Ki, Lee Dong Gun, Andy Kim Ji Hoon, Lee Wan, Kim Ji Suk and Kim Ji Suk, Kim Ji Hoon, Lee Wan, Kim Ji Suk and Jelly Christmas his first song, Christmas Time a portion of the proceeds from the album will be donated to the campaign Snowmen Making Miracles before “dropping out” of the music industry, Park Hyo Shin releases the second part of his sixth album, Gift Part 2, his first album, Gift Part 2, on December 13, 2010, which was released by NGO Good Neighbor with the aim of helping starving children abroad. 7th albumon December 14, and then had his last concert entitled The Gift on December 19, 2010 at the Dome Theater of Jamsil Stadium. This highly anticipated Gift sold out moments after tickets became available. The concert was the latest chapter in his Gift Live Tour” & “Gift Live +.
- The single features a completely different style from their previous versions and is a collaborative composition with the producers of After Love hwang Shae Jun and Kim Do Hoon, and the lyricist Kang Eun Kyung. It can be said that in early July 2012, Park Hyo Shin was defeated by none other than a small-time record label that he will have to pay 1.5 Billion Won. Yes, the same label that did not take care of him and made him sick will receive millions of unworked won from the captain. The History is as follows: Park Hyo Shin denounced his then record label, Interstage, 4 years ago, accusing it of not fulfilling the agreements signed in the contract and leaving aside the singer’s future releases. For this reason, Park Hyo Shin had to finance his last 3 albums with his own money and, after the lawsuit, sign with a label that would allow him more freedom and more attention. Interstage went into a rage and using all its arts sued Park Hyo Shin claiming damages and violation of an exclusive contract with his company. Trials ensued and today, almost 4 years after the first complaint, the jury is giving its verdict for If destination)
- Park Hyo Shin and Hwan Hee (from FTTS) and Wheesung are from the same school.
- Park Hyo Shin is famous for his voice. Even Wheesung he said “Everyone is silent when he is singing. For everyone, he is a special being”.
- Park Hyo Shin is addicted to movies.
- He loves to change his look, we see him always with different styles in his presentations, which includes his hair.
- In 2007, as part of its The Breeze of Sea Tour he was intimidated by businessmen who did not respect him. Among other things, they scheduled countless presentations inside and outside the country, without much time to rehearse or rest. As a result, he became sick and nd then his company sued him for an obscene amount of money.
- Although he is primarily a ballad singer, he can dance
- The information service reported: “At the moment, the singer Kim Jeong Hoon -which was released on February 28, 2011-, Choi Jae Ho and Kim Yoon Sung of the Dynamic Duo, Andy of Shinhwa , the actor Lee Dong Wook -which was released on June 30, 2011-, Boom the actor Lee Joon Gi Kim Ji Suk, Kim Ji Suk, and Lee Wan officers in this division are generally responsible for the Army’s radio stations and for the “Entertainment Train”
- In an interview conducted by Lee Jun Ki on air on March 3, 2011, he commented on his close friendship with Xiah Junsu from JYJ i once said that I wanted to do a duet with Xiah Junsu a long time ago.I think I’m going to get hit with a rock if I say I’m close to him, however,” he laughed, “all jokes aside, he’s a junior I really appreciate.We get together often, when we’re not promoting and talk about music.”
- He’s someone who doesn’t even consider himself an idol. An idol works hard to get recognition. But he stuck with his voice. And this is the highest compliment you can give a singer.
- Singer Park Hyo Shin and actress Jung Ryu Won suddenly came into the spotlight on 3 Nov 2015 thanks to a local news source (Kookmin Ilbo) as it reported that the two celebrities were dating and have marriage plans in mind. in particular, the report cited that Jung Ryeo was caught at a concert of Park Hyo Shin in December 2014. Both parties quickly denied such a claim saying that they were not even acquaintances.
- As part of an awards ceremony, he performed a duet with Kim Tae Yeon suffer from Girls’ Generation with his song Snow Flower.
- After 2 years of military service, he returns this year. At the press conference he was given, he says he likes girl idol groups, and especially Girls’ Generation.
- He chose 2NE1’s DARA as his ideal girl.
- Hong Bin from VIXX he can be seen in videos of a fanmeeting, where he receives one of HyoShin’s albums and very happy he never lets go of it. Also when they won their first award he gave it to them, this appears in one of the episodes of VIXX TV.
- On April 6 (Korean time), he released his third single titled ‘Shine Your Light’. 8 hours after its release, it managed to rank #1 on all South Korean online charts achieving an ‘AllKill’. However, the song had already been revealed during his 15th anniversary tour in December.
- It has been reported that for its third single “Shine Your Light “worked with the member of the British rock band Andy Platts from Mama’s Gun for two years.
- The contract of Park Hyo Shin with Jellyfish Entertainment with whom he signed since 2008 was finalized on August 24, 2016, the same later signed a contract with Glove Entertainment who confirmed that a full-length album will be released in the fall as well as a showcase and a concert called “I Am A Dreamer” in October 2016.
- The actress Park Bo Young and the singer and actor Park Hyung Sik have also admitted to being great admirers of Park Hyo Shin hyung Sik even attended a fan meeting of the singer this year (2017), was invited to the stage and participated in the different games as part of the fans.
Park Hyo-shin Collaborations
- Ann One – If You (feat. Park Hyo Shin) (2004)
Park Hyo-shin Musicals
- 2000: Hamlet rock – like Hamlet.
- 2013 Elisabeth – as Tod.
- 2014: Mozart – like Mozart.
Park Hyo-shin Awards
Park Hyo-shin TV Programs
- Your Song (jTBC, 2019)
Park Hyo-shin TV Drama’s
- The Day theme for Mr. Sunshine (2018)
- It’s You theme for Marry Him If You Dare (2013)
- I Love You subject for Athena (2010)
- Hwashin subject for Iljima (2008)
- Sorrow theme for Dae Jo Yeong (2007)
- Snowflower subject for I’m Sorry, I Love You (2004)
- Tears Are About To Shed theme for Come Rain, Come Shine (2011)
- If We Meet Again theme for My Brother (2004)