Park Bom (2NE1) Facts
- Ex-Kpop Group:
- Lesley University (Psychology)
- Berklee College of Music (Music)
- Languages Korean (native language), English (fluent) and Japanese (fluent)
- Fanclub BOMSHELL.
- Religion: Christian.
- Skills: Piano, Flute, Cello
- Hobbies: Listening to music
- On April 24, 2018, MBC’s program PD Notebook reviewed the illicit substance scandal involving Park Bom, and they delved into the situation that put her under investigation for substance trafficking. She admitted to using the drug as a treatment for a psychological condition and charges were eventually dropped. There are reports that the substance involved in Park Bom’s case was not pure amphetamines. They say she was actually prescribed Adderall adderall is sometimes referred to as an “amphetamine” when it is named in Korea. It was prescribed to her as part of his& treatment after she relapsed from her psychological condition in 2010. The next day, Park Bom topped the real-time search rankings on Naver because people were searching for details about the incident.
- Park Bom met with news outlet Sports Kyunghyang on April 26 at 2 p.m. KST for an exclusive interview to talk about the past situation. She began, “An acquaintance contacted me, so I watched PD Notebook with my parents. they seem to be immune to the word ‘drugs’ now, as they just sighed. it’s so hard to see my parents like this. when the drug reports came out, they asked, ‘did you really do it?’ but now they just sigh “. “If I had used drugs even once, I would not feel it is unfair to hear such things. I have never really used drugs. I was investigated but not reprimanded. “. Park Bom then explained: “I have a personal illness. I have had to take medication since my junior high and high school days.It is ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder),which is a little known illness in Korea. There is no right medication for it,so I take medication for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).As it is not the right medication for it, it is difficult to deal with the disorder. “. “I was known as a drug trafficker when I brought in Adderall. in the United States, it’s a common drug used to treat diseases like the one I have. it’s something that happened partially due to my ignorance during the administration process, but it’s frustrating that people say this drug is 100 percent amphetamine. tell you drugs, but isn’t it something I can’t take to treat my disease?” “It’s been five years since I stopped singing. Because I received so much hate, I didn’t even want to be a singer. However, after the broadcast of PD Notebook i can’t give up what I want to do more of and what I’m best at because I’m intimidated by misunderstandings. I’m grateful for what I’m doing YG who raised me, and I would also like to express my gratitude to producer Yang Hyun Suk other people ask if I feel hatred towards them, but that’s not true at all. Besides, I want to succeed in my comeback as a singer, so I can buy a big building for my parents, who have suffered a lot because of me. “. Park Bom appeared in the interview in a plum-colored dress with a denim jacket. She shared: “I bought these clothes five years ago. I haven’t even bought clothes properly for five years. Even when I walked down the street, I was worried that people would say something to me. I don’t have a car, so I have to bump into people like this. If people understood my situation, not even a lot, but just a little, I think I could sing again. Could you please just take care of me? ”
- Park Bom also responded to rumors that she was 40 years old (by Korean reckoning). She commented, “Ask my friends, I was born in 1984, I am 34 years old (according to western calculations), does it make sense that I am older than my older sister? “.
- After the transmission of PD Notebook she wrote a long message to share with fans on social media, but ended up not posting it and shared the post with the reporter from her interview. The message includes the above explanations about Attention Deficit Disorder, and also tells her fans: “I’m not sure if I’ve ever had Attention Deficit Disorder,” she saidIt hurt my heart so much because I couldn’t tell you anything… You don’t know how grateful I am and how much it hurts because my fans and our fans of 2NE1 patiently waiting for us even if we work individually “I have concluded “I apologize for not having the courage to write sooner because I was taking the time to feel heartbroken, and I also apologize for causing trouble for many people.”
- On March 1, 2019, Park Bom’s fandom name “BOMSHELL” was officially announced, meaning to be her outer protective cover, basically like a shield, keeping her safe. It is worth noting that it was already used among her fans since her promotions as a member of 2NE1 but unofficially.
- It has been confirmed that Park Bom will continue to release music steadily throughout 2019 with plans to hold activities in Japan.
- During her participation in Queendom presented the song “Hann (Alone)” (original from (G)I-DLE ) together with the collaboration of Cheetah it has achieved good results at an international level, reaching the #1 position on iTunes in two countries, Top 5 in three countries, Top 20 in three others and Top 40 in 5 other countries. It has also positioned in YouTube trends in several countries and is #1 trending on Melon.
Park Bom was born in Seoul, South Korea as the second daughter. her sister is Park Go Eun, who is a cellist. In 6th grade, she left Korea to study abroad in the U.S. She graduated from high school. Gould Academy in Bethel, ME and enrolled at Lesley University with a major in psychology. As a high school student, she acquired an admiration for music through Mariah Carey. She wanted to pursue a singing career however, her parents refused. With the support of her aunt, she secretly moved to Berklee College of Music to devote herself to her musical career.
Park Bom auditioned in YG Entertainment to become a singer, but was rejected several times. After three years, she was finally accepted and immediately became an apprentice.
2009: Debut with 2NE1
In 2009 Bom makes her debut as part of the female quartet 2NE1 they appeared for the first time in “Lollipop”, a commercial campaign for LG in collaboration with the group BIGBANG its first single, “Fire”, was released almost two months later, on May 6, 2009.
Solo Debut with First Digital Single “You and I”.
By the end of this year, Park Bom released her debut solo single “You and I” which became the best-selling debut single in Korean history and the only one to win the MAMA for “Best Digital Song”.
2011: Return as a Solo Artist with her Second Digital Single “Don’t Cry”.
In April 2011 she released her second single as a solo artist “Don’t Cry”. The success of the song led Bom to reap the perfect all-kill being #1 on all Korean charts and selling more than 2.5 million copies.
2014: Controversy and Indefinite Hiatus
In June 2014 different media outlets including Segye Ilbo newspaper and KBS published a report involving Park Bom attempting to smuggle a type of drug known as amphetamines using foreign postal service, but she was pardoned from punishment by prosecutors in 2010.
On June 30, the public prosecutors’ office and the Justice Department stated that on October 12, 2010, Miss Park tried to smuggle 82 tablets from America through the postal service, but was discovered by customs officials. After seven days, on October 19, 2010, it was taken as a formal criminal investigation in the prosecutors’ internal computer network. However, after 42 days on November 30, the prosecutors’ office decided to pardon Miss Park and cleared the case.
July 1, 2014 Yang Hyun Suk from YG Entertainment released a personal statement regarding the scandal involving Park Bom. she said “Park Bom de 2NE1 grew up in the United States before her debut and had dreams of becoming a soccer player. During a soccer match, she witnessed the death of a teammate on the field, after which she fell emotionally, with extreme trauma, followed by depression. For several years afterwards, she received counseling and treatment, taking medication prescribed to her by a university hospital in the U.S. After that incident, Park Bom was unable to continue in soccer, and it was then that she first came to Korea to audition for YG Entertainment park Bom had, until four years ago, continuously taken medication prescribed by an American university hospital. Due to her busy schedule, she was unable to return to the United States for some time, and in the process of having her mother and grandmother receive the medication through the postal service for her, the medication was stopped at customs, as amphetamines are banned in Korea. Fortunately, the hospital provided the medical records and prescriptions for investigation, and the case was concluded without major problems.”.
In the wake of the scandal, on July 24, Baek Jung Ryeol of ” Roommate ” of SBS revealed that “Park Bom’s last appearance will be on July 27. She will no longer participate in the recording, so we will no longer record with her. It is certain that she will leave the program.”.
2018: New Agency and Return to Show Business
Park Bom announced on June 11, 2018 through her social media that she is preparing her comeback with a new song to be released in the near future. Bom thanked her fans for their love and patience throughout her music hiatus.
On July 17, 2018, Park Bom posted on her Instagram that Scotty Kim is her new boss and producer.Scotty Kim heads up D-NATION Entertainment the company then opened its own official Instagram account on the 18th of the same month. Their first post was “Every new beginning comes from the end of some other beginning!”..
Shortly after Park Bom’s return to the shows was reported, during the first week of October 2018 Park Bom filmed scenes for the drama YG FSO stellarized by Seung Ri.
2019: Return as a Solo Artist with her First Single Album “Spring”.
On March 1, Park Bom announced that “Spring” with Dara is her theme song for the comeback and that she will attend music shows with her, however Dara’s agency later mentioned that this would not materialize. The single album and music video will be released on March 13 and at the time of the announcement the latter had already been filmed.
The album contains three songs and the pre-order will be available on March 4. Teasers for the singer’s comeback begin to be released on March 6.
On March 13, the single album “Spring” was released, the title song of the same name reached #1 on the digital charts on the day of its release. The video clip shows the artist in various gloomy scenarios.
Back with its first repackage “re:BLUE ROSE”.
On April 19, an industry representative reported that Park Bom would unveil a new single produced by Brave Brothers on May 2 following the good response of her previous comeback. According to the report, Wheein from MAMAMOO will be collaborating with her. Previously the artist gave a hint of her comeback through a mysterious post on Instagram.
On April 24, it was revealed that the singer’s comeback would be via a Repackage album that would include two new versions of her previous song “Spring” (one in collaboration with her sister Park Goeun) and the title track “4:44” in collaboration with Wheein described as a dreamy but sad song, produced by Brave Brothers and Red Cookie.
Park Bom (2NE1) Collaborations
- Sai Sai Kham Leng – Red Light (Feat. Park Bom) (2020)
- MC Mong – 샤넬 (Feat. Park Bom) (2019).
- G-Dragon – Black (Japanese Ver.) (2013)
- Epic High – UP (2012)
- Park Myung Soo, G-Dragon – Baramnasseo (2011)
- GD&TOP – OH YEAH (2010)
- Red Roc – Along My Way (feat. Masta Wu) (2007)
- LEXY – 2 Baby Boy (2007)
- BIGBANG – Forever With You (2006)
- BIGBANG – We Belong Together (2006)
Park Bom (2NE1) Drama
- YG Future Strategy Office (Netflix, 2018). Cameo
- Style (SBS, 2009) Cameo
- HANN (Alone) with Cheetah for Queendom (TV Program)
- Eyes, nose, lips for Queendom (TV Program)
Park Bom (2NE1) Films
- Girlfriends (2009) Cameo
Park Bom (2NE1) Awards
Park Bom (2NE1) TV Programs
- Queendom (Mnet, 2019) Participant
- Immortal Songs (KBS, 06.07.2019)
- Video Star (MBC, 2019) Girl Group Special 2009
- Section TV (MBC, 25.03.2019)
- Roommate (SBS, 2014)
- Running Man (SBS, 2013; Ep. 156 and 195, together with 2NE1 )
- Double Park TV (YouTube, 2013; together with Dara )
- Strong Heart (SBS, 2012; Ep. 123 and 124 together with YG Family )
- 2NE1 TV (Mnet, 2009-2012)
Park Bom (2NE1) TV Drama’s
- I Do I Do subject for Perfume (2019)
Park Bom (2NE1) Music Videos
- Kim Ji Eun – Tell Me Once More (2010)
- Lee Hyo Ri – Anystar (2006)