Nana (After School, Orange Caramel) Facts
- Kpop groups:
- Project group: Dazzling Red (2012)
- Debut: November 25, 2009
- Seowon Middle School (Graduate)
- Ochang High School (Graduate)
- Seoul National University of the Arts, Department of Beauty (Graduate)
- Specialty: Modeling, make-up, composing and dancing.
- Languages: Korean (native language) and Japanese (intermediate)
- Mascot: A dog named “Puppy” of Shitzu breed, it has been more than 10 years since she has had him. In 2013, she adopted two dogs named “Ropia” and “Komura”.
- During her school days, her parents drank 3 glasses of beer a day with a mixture of banana + honey + milk. She was sick and tired, so she started drinking from this. Because of that, she had already grown 30 cm tall in a year or two. She says it’s nice to be tall but now she can’t drink milk because of that.
- In her school transcript, Nana wrote that her special skill was make-up and her wish in the future was to become a hairstylist. It was also recorded by her teachers that Nana came to school happy and actively participated in school activities.
- Auditioned for PLEDIS Entertainment with the song ” Unconditional “the Park Sang-Cheol.
- She participated in the “Asia Pacific Super Model Contest” in 2009.
- She has a degree in makeup and beauty.
- Her first solo song was in the single of Orange Caramel – Shanghai Romance with the song “Close Your Eyes”.
- After the news that Kahi would graduate from the group and After School revealed a group teaser image of the fifth maxi-single “Flashback”, there were strong rumors that the possible new leader would be Nana by wearing different colored sneakers from all the others which was normal for the former leader during the promotions; however, on June 13, Pledis Entertainment released negative statements on the matter
- It was part of the SBS Gayo Daeyun 2012 project ” Color of Kpop “which united important figures from 5 groups, among them After School representing red, this sub-unit was named Dazzling Red.
- june 19, 2013 Nana lost her balance while coming down from the stage after recording for MBC Music’s “Show Champion” and fell from the platform which has a height of 1.2 meters, she was transported to the hospital immediately after the accident and fortunately no serious injuries were found
- Pledis Entertainment stated, “Although Nana’s injuries are minor, due to the unexpected accident, she is resting from the concussion. For her recovery, all activities after today’s filming have been cancelled, and we will decide future activities depending on her recovery and health.”
- Later the agency stated, “After the accident, Nana was taken to a nearby hospital and was examined. During the first round of examination, there seemed to be nothing specifically wrong, but Nana continued to complain of pain, after another physical examination, the doctor found some bruises around the pelvis. Fortunately, there are no problems with the bone, but since the pain continues, Nana will focus only on recovering”. Due to this, her activity schedules have been canceled and After School will continue to perform with six members until she fully recovers.
- She was ranked No. 2 in the 2013 100 Most Beautiful Faces in the World by TC Candler.
- Nana said of this appointment saying, “Honestly it’s very surprising. My parents and friends congratulated me a lot and they really liked the news. However the members think the same as me. They think it’s ridiculous.” she said with a laugh. “Still, Jung Ah told me, ‘Nana, feel proud and have some self-respect,’ she made me feel happy with her nice words.”
- She received a special K-Beauty Icon award from Korean cosmetics brand Tony Moly at the Style Icon Awards 2014 (SIA).
- She was invited, along with Kang Min Hyuk from CNBLUE to the 30th anniversary of FOSSIL Shanghai on August 26, 2014.
- According to Sport Sina, Nana and player Shevchenko are now ambassadors of the Xtep Big Five league.
- She won the “Most Creative Fashionista” award at Muse Dress and came in second place.
- All members of After School (except Lee Joo Yeon ) accompanied Nana in the finals of Muse Dress in this program Raina she cried, saying that Nana tried too hard and that there were days when she didn’t even sleep at night, Young Ah says she was very proud of her and that you made it all the way to the finals.
- She ranked #1 in the TOP 100 Most Beautiful Faces in the World made by TC Candler magazine 2015, ranking #1 2 years in a row (2014 – 2015). She was also on the same list in 2013 (ranked #2), 2016 (ranked #3), 2017 (ranked #5), 2018 (ranked #6) and 2019 (ranked #7). Being among the longest running female k-pop idols on the said list.
- She received rave reviews for her performance in drama ‘The Good Wife’, for which she responded, “I am so grateful to the viewers who are looking positively at (my performance) even when I am sure I am lacking in many aspects because this is my first attempt at acting in Korea.”
- In August 2017 Four Sons “confirmed that Nana has been cast as a younger version of the female lead in the new drama” Four Sons “. Sources of the drama also said:” When the drama was written, it was written for Nana and we never thought of another actress taking the role. As such, it will be a role that fits her perfectly, and she will show a charismatic and stable performance. They added:” Since it is 100% pre-produced, the drama will be of high quality, and Nana has already started practicing martial arts for ‘Four Sons’. Her passion for this drama is huge, so you can expect a great job.
- She has been in several fashion shows in South Korea and Japan.
- One of her future plans is to be CEO of her own beauty store.
- Nana is known for owning a ‘BMW M3’, a high-performance vehicle from BMW.
- In 2019 on TC Candler’s official website she appeared in “The Most Beautiful Faces of Asia 2019” ranking #7.
- in the list “The 30 most beautiful faces of the Decade” made by TC Candler magazine, she took the first place, being the only idol who has achieved it.
- In 2020 on TC Candler’s official website she appeared in “The 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2020”, ranking #8.
Im Jin Ah, better known artistically as Nana, was born on September 14, 1991 in Cheongju, South Korea. Before she entered the After School in 2009, she participated in the “2009 Asia Pacific Super Model” contest but was not victorious, coming in fourth place.
He has been an apprentice for one year at PLEDIS Entertainment she confessed that she would have liked to have spent more time training, but PLEDIS Entertainment assured that she had the necessary level and conditions to stop being one.
Nana (After School, Orange Caramel) Collaborations
- Ma Boy 3 – ElectroBoyz (feat. Nana) (2013)
Nana (After School, Orange Caramel) Drama
- My Man is Cupid (TBA, 2022)
- Glitch (Netflix, 2022)
- Genesis (Olleh TV, 2021)
- Oh My Ladylord (MBC, 2021)
- Memorials (KBS2, 2020)
- Justice (KBS2, 2019)
- Kill It (OCN, 2019)
- The Good Wife (tvN, 2016)
- Love Weaves Through A Millennium (Hunan TV, 2015)
Nana (After School, Orange Caramel) Advertisement
- 2021: SATIN
- 2021: Onitsuka Tiger
- 2019-2020: MISSHA
- 2017: SI (oil)
- 2017: PUMA
- 2017: Real Yagu Zone
- 2016-2017: Post Cereal
- 2016: Kafellon
- 2016: Bcuz (next to Lizzy)
- 2016: Samantha Thavasa
- 2015-2017: Xtep
- 2015-2016: I’M MEME
- 2015-2016: Memebox
- 2015: UNIQ
- 2015: Miero Fiber
- 2015: Ocean World (besides Lee Kwang Soo)
- 2015: Mad for Garlic
- 2015: OST Chronicle
- 2015: GLAMM
- 2014-2017: DHC Korea
- 2014: Fossil
- 2014: Voque Girl Korea
- 2014: GEEK
- 2014: Cordajour
- 2014: Australia Chronicle
- 2014: Styish Bike
- 2014: Skechers
- 2013: Esquire
- 2013: Get it Beauty Self
- 2012: Allure
- 2012: SWAK
- 2012: Juvis Diet
- 2011: Jenny House’s J-Style
Nana (After School, Orange Caramel) Films
- Confession (2020)
- The Swindlers (2017)
- Go Lala Go! 2 (2015)
- Fashion King (2014)
- White: The Melody of the Curse (2011) cameo
Nana (After School, Orange Caramel) Awards
- 2020 KBS Drama Awards: Excellence Award for Miniseries (Female) (Memorials)
- 2020 KBS Drama Awards: Best Couple Award besides Park Sung Hoon (Memorials)
- 2019 KBS Drama Awards Excellence Award for Miniseries (Female) (Justice)
- 2018 Chunsa Film Art Awards: Popularity Award
- 2018 Asia Model Awards: Popular Star Award (Actor)
- 2018 54th Baeksang Arts Awards Bazaar Icon Award
- 2017 6th Annual Korea Top Star Awards Ceremony: Popularity Award
- 2016 Asia Artist Awards: Rookie Award (The Good Wife)
- 2014 Omana Awards: Worst Couple besides Jo Se Ho
- 2014 Style Icon Awards: K-Beauty Icon
Nana (After School, Orange Caramel) TV Programs
- Real Men (Women’s Special Season 4) (MBC, 2016)
- Jiangsu TV Star Chef (2015)
- Muse Dress (Dragon TV, 2014)
- Roommate (SBS, 2014)
- Style Log 2014 (On Style 2014) together with Hong Jong Hyun and Jo Min Ho
- After School Beauty Bible (KBS 2014)
- Tokyo Brand New Girls (TV Tokyo 2012)
- Playgirlz School (MBC 2010)
Nana (After School, Orange Caramel) TV Drama’s
- Our memories in summer (besides Park Sung Hoon) subject for Memorials (2020)
Nana (After School, Orange Caramel) Music Videos
- Eru &- White Tears (2011)
- Honey Dew (feat. Eric) – Like A Fool (besides Lee Yong Woo) (2010)