Minzy (2NE1) Facts
- Ex-Kpop Group: 2NE1 (2009-2016)
- Position: Rapper, Vocalist and Maknae.
- Debut as a soloist 2017.
- Education Suhkang Elementary School.
- Univsersity Graduated from Baekseok University, with a Bachelor of Theology (2018)
- Religion Christian.
- Hobbies Listening to music and composing.
- Languages Korean, Chinese, Japanese and English.
- Fanclub: POS.
- Minzy graduated from high school and decided to dedicate herself fully to the Group.
- Before her debut, she trained in singing, dancing, rapping and languages.
- She is a great pop and breakdancer.
- She is known as Erominji because of the way she dances
- It was confirmed on April 5, 2016 that Minzy would no longer be part of 2NE1 yG had held a press conference confirming the news and later issued the following statement: “….We apologize for bringing unfortunate news to fans who waited patiently for a long time. We would like to officially announce that 2NE1’s maknae, Gong Minzy, will no longer continue with the group. With 2NE1’s contracts ending on June 5, 2016, we met with the members to discuss contract renewals but unfortunately Gong Minzy did not want to continue. Letting go of someone who has been with us for 11 years since her trainee days is difficult for all of us but due to the sudden break two years ago, Gong Minzy had a difficult time which we completely understand. Instead of feeling upset, we apologize to her. “It was later added that the other members had renewed their contracts and will comeback with only 3 members.
- In 2017 she debuted as a solo artist, under The Music Works agency, releasing her first mini album “Work Out Uno”. All the songs on her first album, were of her authorship.
- On April 17, she posted a statement on Instagram in Korean and English, explaining that she had reached an agreement and was leaving her company The Music Works. Here is the full statement: “I am about to embark on a new journey. I have left my company and have freedom. For the fans who have always supported me, I have ended the contract with my agency through negotiations. I have left much to be desired as I have not been able to show you my works and my performances the past few years, but from now on, I will be able to show myself more often. I will meet you bright and energetic on stage to match the name, Minzy. Above all, I will communicate more often with the fans, who have supported me the most! Thank you.”
Minzy was born in Seoul, South Korea, but moved to Gwangju soon after where she participated in many dance contests and competitions during her younger years. Minzy is the granddaughter of the legendary traditional dancer in South Korea Gong Ok Jin. Minzy was discovered by YG Entertainment in 2005 through a video uploaded on the Internet, demonstrating her dancing. The video was very successful and praised for her dancing skills. Due to her growing popularity through the Internet, YG contacted and hired her, whereupon she became an apprentice at the entertainment company. In 2017 she launched her career as a solo artist.
Minzy (2NE1) Advertisement
- 2017: Noble Coffee
Minzy (2NE1) Drama
- Style (SBS, 2009) cameo
Minzy (2NE1) Films
- Girlfriends (2009) cameo
Minzy (2NE1) TV Programs
- Sister’s Slam Dunk 2 (KBS2, 2017)
- 2NE1 TV (2009)
- 2NE1 TV Season 2 (2010-2011)
Minzy (2NE1) TV Drama’s
- I Wanted To Love theme for Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People (2017).
- Minzy USA Tour “Dance Break” 2019
- November 21 – San Francisco, Canada – Regency Ballroom
- November 23 – Los Angeles, Canada – The Novo
- november 26 – Houston, United States – White Oak Hall
- november 27 – Dallas, United States – Canton Hall
- november 30 – Atlanta, United States – Center Stage
- december 02 – Seattle, United States – 9:30 Club
- december 03 – New York, United States – Playstation Theater
- december 05 – Chicago, United States – House Of Blues
- december 06 – Toronto, Canada – Queen Elizabeth Theatre
- 09 December – Vancouver, Canada – Vogue Theatre