Min SunYe (MAMADOL) Facts
- Former Kpop group: Wonder Girls (2007-2015)
- Position Leader, Vocalist and Dancer.
- Project Group: MAMADOL (2022)
- Position: Vocalist, Dancer & Maknae
- Voice type: Light lyric soprano.
- Vocal Rank D3 ~ Bb5 (2 octaves and 4 notes)
- Registration supported A3 ~ C#5.
- University: Dongguk University.
- Fanclub: Sunlights
- Languages: Korean (Fluent), English (Fluent), Chinese (Intermediate), Japanese (Basic).
- Favorite food: Ice cream and Tteokbokki.
- Favorite singer (s): Beyonce, Yiruma.
- Favorite actor/actress: Johnny Depp and Jessica Alba.
- Practice time: 5 years and 6 months.
- Instruments: Guitar, Piano.
- Religion: Christian
- Your best friend is Jo Kwon they have known each other since they were children, since they both entered almost at the same time to the JYP Entertainment and were known as the longest-serving trainees in the agency.
- Her grandfather died in 2007, shortly before the release of “The Wonder Years”; first album of Wonder Girls.
- On September 14, 2007, while Wonder Girls the cab driver was killed, and the members suffered various injuries. The one who was badly hit was SunYe who positioned herself between the approaching cab and SunMi she received the blow full in her left leg, which fortunately was not fractured, but she did receive a painful cut wound of several centimeters in the shin, from the knee to a little more than halfway to the ankle. It required several stitches, and the scar that remained made her not want to show off her legs for a long time, and that is why in those times she was almost always seen acting and appearing in public with pants.
- Her father passed away in 2010, when Wonder Girls was on tour in the United States.
- Sun Ye and James (her husband) met in Haiti because after the earthquake in that country they both went as missionaries, and they were in the same group, so after their wedding they both said they would return to that country to continue with the help.
- In December 2013, after the expiration of her contract with JYPE the agency announced that Sun Ye had indeed renewed her contract.
- Months after renewing her contract with JYPE announced in a press release that she and her family (husband and daughter) would return as missionaries to Haiti.
- Before going to Haiti, she signed as the image of a coffee shop, all the money she was given was used to create an association to help the victims of Haiti.
- J.Y. Park in an interview she admitted that Sun Ye did not agree that Wonder Girls they went to the United States, because of this she and she had a very strong fight.
- On July 20, 2015, she officially left Wonder Girls.
- On September 20, 2018 Polaris Entertainment revealed a statement announcing that Sun Ye is pregnant with her third child. Both the baby and Sunye are healthy, and the baby is scheduled to be born in January 2019.
- As of December 10 it is part of the variety program Mama the Idol on January 22, 2022, she made her debut in the project group of the program. MAMADOL sunye has had a special participation in the program performing Gashina together with her former partner from Wonder Girls, Sunmi.
- On January 28, 2022, it was announced that she would make a collaboration with her former agency partner Im Seulong from the song “Farewell Under the Sun”.
Her mother died when she was very young and some time later her father was diagnosed with terminal cancer, reason for which she could not take care of her, being her grandparents who took care of her. In 2001, Park Jin Young decided to create a survival program called “99% Challenge Project” sun Ye was a participant in this program, impressing the jury with her control of her soft and sweet voice at such a young age, winning first place and becoming an apprentice at the agency. JYPE after more than 5 years of training, she made her debut with Wonder Girls on the reality show “MTV Wonder Girls” on December 22, 2006, to later make her stage debut on February 10, 2007 with her song “MTV Wonder Girls”. “Irony” in the MBC program Show! Music Core.
Announcement of their relationship, engagement and wedding
Sun Ye commented on her boyfriend for the first time in the program Strong Heart which aired on November 22, 2011; she revealed that the boy did not belong to the artistic world and that she had met her through the missionary work they had both done in Haiti after the earthquake that occurred in that country. On November 26, 2012 JYPE released an official statement announcing that Sun Ye would marry her fiancé James Park on January 26, 2013, saying.
“Hello, We are JYP Entertainment. the leader of Wonder Girls Sun, (Min Sun Ye), an artist of our agency, will get married on January 26th next year.
Sun, who debuted in 2007 in Wonder Girls and was its leader for six years, recently informed the agency and Wonder Girls members about her intentions, and we understood that her decision has come after much thought, so we have decided to respect it..
Sun will focus on her marriage and family life for the time being, and the other Wonder Girls members will pursue individual activities in acting, production, solo albums, and broadcasting activities. we look forward to many messages of congratulations and encouragement, thank you.”.
On January 26, at 10:30 a.m. in the lobby of the Lotte Hotel in Seoul, a press conference was held to give details of her and Wonder Girls’ destination. After the conference, the ceremony began at 12:30 p.m., and after the ceremony, Sun Ye and her husband left for their honeymoon in the Maldives.
After returning from their honeymoon, Sun Ye joined the group for one last promotion. On February 5, 2013 at the “PyeongChang Winter Special Olympics Closing Ceremony”‘ Wonder Girls made their last appearance as a group, before going on an indefinite hiatus.
Hailey’s first pregnancy and birth
On April 4, 2013, on her personal Twitter account, Sun Ye announced that she was in her third month of pregnancy, saying.
“I respect all the mothers of the world who have experienced the mysteries and wonders of nature… ^^ We have been awarded a honeymoon baby. I think this is a fitting time to break the news of our baby now that I am in my 3rd month of pregnancy ^^ Please pray for our baby, that she will be able to grow healthy in my belly!”.” on October 16 at 10:16 AM (Korean time), Sun Ye gave birth to her daughter at her home in Canada. The baby weighed 2.9 kg and was named Hailey (Park Eun Yu).
She updated her Twitter a day after giving birth and wrote “With the prayers and support of many people, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl in eight hours through a home birth.Thank you so much for all the gifts.I will raise her well and healthy.”.
Official release of Wonder Girls
July 20th JYP Entertainment stated that officially Sun Ye and So Hee would no longer be part of Wonder Girls “Sun Ye and Ahn So Hee as a result, Wonder Girls will now promote as a four-piece group (Park Ye Eun, Kim Yoo Bin, Lee Sun Mi and Woo Hye Rim in order to devote more time to her family, Sun Ye terminated her contract Ahn So Hee also decided to resign due to her desire to focus on the work she wants to do.”.
For her part, Sun Ye left a farewell letter for her fans.
“Hello to my always kind and grateful Wonderfuls!.
Today is probably the last time I will be writing a post as Wonder Girl…^^ Looking back on the journey I made with all of you over the past 8 years, I will always be grateful. How can I thank each of you individually…I will often think of the memories we have created over the past few years. When I look back on the memories of our time together, the amount of grace and love I have received, is something I could never repay. I will never forget the love and kindness you have showered upon me. Thank you once again, for I am so grateful..
There are many things I would like to say and also many things you want to ask me. I am unable to share all these stories at this time. One thing I definitely want to do, is to thank you for all you have done for me. I ask that everyone continue to look forward and support all of you..
I apologize again for not showing responsibility as a leader in the past, I regret that I am still lacking in that! The valuable experiences and journey with the rest of the members and with you is something that is so precious. As a mother of a little girl, I will continue to do my best for my family. You will not be able to see me as a member of the family. Wonder Girls… but I hope to show you a positive image in the future ^^!.
For the thoughtful and patient Wonderfuls. I ask all of you to give each of the Wonder Girls your sincere and full support, and to respect their decision, now and in the future. Once again, I would like to express my gratitude. Thank you Wonderfuls!.
Second pregnancy and birth of Elisha
On September 9, 2015, news broke that Sun Ye was expecting her second baby.
On April 22, 2016 at 06:50 pm (Canada), she gave birth to her second daughter Elisha (Park Ha Jin). Like the previous one, this delivery was also at the couple’s home.
Third Pregnancy and Madison’s birth
On September 20, 2018 Polaris Entertainment revealed a statement announcing that Sun Ye is pregnant with her third child, a baby girl. Sun Ye gave birth to her third daughter Madison (Park Yoo-jin) on January 30, 2019 and both she and the baby girl are healthy.
Min SunYe (MAMADOL) Collaborations
- United Korea 4 The World – I Love You (2016)
- Wonder Girls – 20150711 (Talk) (2015)
- Sun Ye & Ye Eun – Long Long Time (2011)
- Mighty Mouth – Energy (feat. Sun Ye) (2008)
- 8Eight – Between (feat. Sun Ye, Ye Eun & Pdogg) (2007)
- J.Y. Park – Separation in the Daytime (feat. Sun Ye) (2007)
Min SunYe (MAMADOL) Advertisement
- Wicked Snow (2014)
Min SunYe (MAMADOL) Films
- The Wonder Girls (2012)
- The Last Godfather (2010) Cameo
Min SunYe (MAMADOL) TV Programs
- Mama the Idol (TVN, 2021-2022) Principal Member
- Strangers (JTBC, 2018)
- Music Bank (KBS, 2011) as MC
- Show! Music Core (MBC, 2007/2008) as MC
Min SunYe (MAMADOL) TV Drama’s
- Please Come To Me subject for Oh La La Couple (2012)
- The Sound of Love subject for Feast of the Gods (2012)
- Maybe subject for Dream High (2011)
- II Wol South subject for Seoul’s Sad Song (2007)
Min SunYe (MAMADOL) Music Videos
- Le Byul – Forever (2010)