Melanie (Chocolat) Facts
- Ex-Kpop Group ChoColat
- Position lead Vocalist, Lead Rapper, Backup Dancer and Maknae.
- Ability “Cheerleading” (cheerleader).
- Languages: Korean, English and Japanese (learning).
- Education: American High School of Osan, Seoul (South Korea).
- Family mother (Korean), father (American), older sister and two young nephews.
- She was born in Korea, but moved to Hawaii for a year and a half when she was 8 years old.
- Her father was a soldier in the U.S. Armed Forces in Korea.
- She took over the position of Lead Vocalist after Jae Yoon out.
- As well as Juliane has Italian and German roots and is a parent of descent from both countries.
- Her mother is a friend of Aunt for 30 years and Melanie learned about the audition to join ChoColat through it.
- It is one of the youngest companies among the Idol groups, including Hayoung from a rose who is a year older than her.
- Between the members they represent a different type of chocolate, Melanie is the caramel, because they did not know what to put in it and she is not normal, and the caramel is not chocolate but it is similar.
- She enjoys yoga and writing funny stories to relieve stress.
- In an interview she was asked if she likes to sing with friends and she said yes, with members they are very crazy. And when they go to parties they go crazy screaming and everything. To which the MC joked saying to finish “Breaking tables”.
- She and Tia are learning Japanese.
- During 2014, rumors have surfaced on the Internet about Melanie leaving the group. She has already privatized her Instagram, deleted all her Tweets and has also not been heard from her and the group since their 2013 comeback, “Black Tinkerbell”. Although it has not been confirmed by either the agency or any of the members.
- She is currently engaged to a U.S. Army soldier, Matt Murphy.
- She announced on January 31, 2020 that she is expecting a baby girl with husband Matt Murphy.
- On June 12, she gave birth to her daughter Alaya Janey Lee Murphy.
Born in Seoul, South Korea, she lived in Korea until the age of 8 when she moved to Hawaii for a year and a half, and then back to Korea, where she has resided ever since. she studied at American High School in Osan, and at the age of 12, she met Tia they became friends and learned that their mothers had known each other for 30 years Melanie learned about the audition to join ChoColat because the mother of Tia spoke with the mother of Melanie so she took the test and passed on the first try..
Melanie (Chocolat) Radio Programs
- Mnet USA: Ludacris Interview (9/20/2011)
- Arirang Radio’s “Catch the Wave: Idol Special” with Seung Jun of A-PRINCE (16/1/2013)
Melanie (Chocolat) TV Programs
- “OhShow!” as a presenter (11/17/2011)
- “Idol Show Quiz Premiere” along with Tia and FT Island (3/16/2012)