Mark (NCT, Super M) Facts
- K-Pop Group: NCT
- K-Pop Group: Super M
- Position: Rapper, Vocalist, Dancer & Maknae
- P.S. 209 Clearview Gardens School New York (Graduate)
- Eonju Middle School (Graduate)
- Seoul School of Performing Arts (Graduate)
- Languages: English (native language), Korean (Fluent) and Japanese (Basic).
- Specialty: Rap, Beatbox and Guitar.
- Training period: 4 Years.
- Favorite color: Green
- Instruments: Guitar, piano, flute.
- Religion: Christian
- Favorite artists: Beyoncé, Coldplay, Chris Brown, Xiu Min from EXO and Min Ho from SHINee.
- His father is American and his mother is Korean.
- His parents are musicians, which influenced him to want to be an idol.
- As a child his dream was to become a science fiction writer.
- Joined SM Entertainment in 2012 with the SM Global Audition in Vancouver, Canada, for which he was an apprentice for 4 years.
- He was elected for 3 consecutive years as the hardest working trainee.
- He lent his voice to the new version of “I’m Your Girl” by S.E.S. for the program EXO 90:2014.
- He was interviewed by ABC while in the United States in 2015.
- He was the first member to be officially unveiled as a member of NCT.
- Mark is constantly involved in the lyrics of the albums of NCT especially his raps.
- He is the only member of NCT which is part of the first three sub-units (NCT U, NCT 127 and NCT DREAM )
- He was confirmed to join ‘High School Rapper’ on January 9 in Seoul (Gangseo).
- He made it to the finals of “High School Rappers” and placed seventh in the competition.
- For his third Mini Album “Cherry Bomb” of seven music tracks, Mark and Tae Yong participated in the lyrics of five of them.
- On the variety show Weekly Idol, Mark confirmed that he is no longer the leader of NCT Dream, because SM Entertainment decided that NCT Dream will no longer have a leader as the members are constantly changing.
- He was chosen by SM Entertainment employees as their favorite artist.
- He played the flute in a school band.
- He appeared for the first time on TC Candler’s “The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2020” list at #80.
Mark was a member of the SM Entertainment, SMROOKIES.
On August 21, 2016, an image was released on the official site of NCT DREAM revealing Mark as the fifth member of this new sub-unit.
NCT Dream Graduation
At the December 2, 2018 Dream Show, Mark personally confirmed that he would be graduating from NCT Dream on December 31, 2018, due to the fact that he would be past the age limit to be part of that unit.
On December 31, a video titled ‘Mark Appreciation Award Ceremony’ was uploaded to YouTube channel NCT Daily, in which the members celebrate with Mark his graduation from the group. On the same day, Mark held his last performance with NCT Dream at MBC Gayo Daejejeon.
Subscribe to NCT Dream
On April 14, 2020, SM Entertainment announced Mark’s return to the sub-unit, officially returning with the release of “Deja Vu,” as part of the NCT 2020 album.
Mark (NCT, Super M) Music
Mark (NCT, Super M) Radio Programs
Mark (NCT, Super M) TV Programs
- Let’s Eat Dinner Together (JTBC, 17.07.2019) Ep. 136
- Under Nineteen (MBC, 2018) cameo together with Kang Mi Na
- It’s Dangerous Beyond The Blankets (MBC, 2018)
- Hello Counselor (KBS2, 2018) Together with. Do Young and & Jae Hyun
- Life Bar (tvN, 15.03.2018) Together with. Xiu Min and Chang Min
- Show! Music Core (MBC, 2018-2019) MC together with. Kang Mi Na and Ong Seong Wu
- Snowball Project (VLIVE, 2017)
- High School Rapper (Mnet, 2017).
- The Mickey Mouse Club (Disney Channel Korea, 2015)
- ABC News: Korean Pop Idols Rule Asia (ABC, 2015)
- EXO 90:2014 (Mnet, 2014)