Leeteuk (Super Junior) Facts
- Kpop group: Super Junior
- Shinsa Elementary School
- Soongsil High School
- Suwon Science University Department of Broadcasting and Entertainment (Graduate)
- Chungwoon University Bachelor of Broadcasting Music (Graduate)
- Chungwoon University Graduate School of Information Industry (Graduate)
- Gakcheon University Graduate School of International Trade
- Fanclub: & Angels.
- Religion: Protestant
- Period of military service 30-October-2012 to 29-July-2014
- Hobbie Piano, composing and listening to music, singing and surfing the Internet.
- Favorite color white.
- Instruments Piano, saxophone and guitar.
- Languages Korean (Native Language), Chinese (Intermediate) English (Intermediate), Spanish (Basic)
- He was born when it was raining, he says this is the reason why he likes the rain.
- When Leeteuk and his older sister, Park In Young traveled to Myeongdong for a vacation in early 2000, he was recommended by a headhunter for the Starlight Casting System audition for the SM Entertainment after several test recordings and performances, he signed on with SM Entertainment and became a company trainee.
- When Leeteuk was an apprentice, he would drop off and pick up at the school to Donghaesuch was the trust and affection between the two that before Donghae’s father passed away, he entrusted his son to Leeteuk’s care.
- He was almost kicked out of SM when he went public with his feelings for Dana, a member of CSJH The Grace: “She had a big heart and I honestly liked her. Dana was the first person I liked, after joining the company.” said Leeteuk, who quickly made his feelings public. “The next day, when I went to the office I heard that Dana had a boyfriend. They thought it was me, but it was a misunderstanding.”- He explained.
- He was shot when he was young
- He suffered a car accident, where he had glass shards embedded in his back. He had a successful surgery, and carried 170 stitches.
- He was presenter (MC) of M! Countdown together with Kang In, Eun Hyuk and Shin Dong.
- On December 4, 2011, he made his last broadcast on the radio program ‘Sukira Kiss The Radio’ where he was a DJ along with Eun Hyuk his departure was due to his busy schedule.
- Despite his enlistment Leeteuk was allowed to appear in TV shows, and even participated in a Musical.
- He is a big fan of Han Ga In.
- Once the father of Donghae said to Leeteuk “Take care of our little Donghae, please promise me to take care of him, because we can’t anymore, be a great hyung for him” which turned out to be the last wish, before his passing away.
- Recently, he was awarded the title of “Military Ambassador”.
- Before enlisting, he composed the song Only U from the Repackage Album ‘SPY’, for ELF.
- On January 6, 2014, the media revealed the terrible news that his father and grandparents had passed away.
- January 8 was the funeral of his father and grandparents.
- On January 11, he returned to the military unit in Injegun, Gangwondo. He rose from the rank of private to sergeant on April 1.
- Leeteuk finished his military service without interviews or special events. According to a statement from SM Entertainment, “This decision was made out of respect for him and because he wished to return quietly.”
- On December 31, 2014, MBC aired One Fine Day with Super Junior, a 4-episode program featuring Leeteuk, Eunhyuk and Donghae sightseeing in Switzerland.
- At the beginning of March, he was appointed as ambassador for tourism in Switzerland together with Ryeowook and Kyuhyun also known as ‘Swiss Friends’, for the 2015-2016 period.
- He was chosen to be the host of the musical program “The Mickey Mouse Club” of the Disney Channel of Korea, which will be presenting the different skills of several of the most famous SMROOKIES the first episode was broadcast on July 23.
- In early 2016 a rumor surfaced that he and Minah from Girl’s Day were in a romantic relationship, but it was revealed that Lee Teuk participated in the program ‘Hidden Camera Battle – Game of Thrones’ where he faced Noh Hong Chul and Lee Kyung Kyu and his goal was to set up the best hidden camera, so he teamed up with Minah and pretended to be dating to fool Hyeri.
- On July 24, 2018, Label SJ disclosed through a statement that Lee Teuk underwent emergency surgery due to acute cholecystitis (inflammation of his gallbladder). He will take a short break from his activities to recover.
When Leeteuk and his older sister, Park In-young, traveled to Myeongdong for their vacation in 2000, he was recommended by a talent scout to audition for SM Entertainment on Starlight Casting System after several recordings and performances, he signed with SM Entertainment and became a trainee. That same year he appeared as an extra in MBC Korean drama All About Eve in 2003, he was cast in a five-member boy band called Smile the project was dropped and then they were put into a rotating system group called Super Junior being older than the others, Leeteuk became the leader of the group.
Leeteuk explained that he uses a stage name due to his desire to have a name with the same effects that Kangta had, and to avoid confusion with veteran actress, Park Jeong-su. His stage name means “special” as his agency wants him to be the special member of the group. Leeteuk also became known as the “special leader” (특별한리더) of the group, also having a sweet voice as the group’s tenor. He later became known as “angel” (천사) or “wingless angel.” He told a variety program that he was born on a day of torrential rain and it was believed that God cried because he sent an angel to the world, or that a fallen angel had descended to earth.
2005-2006: Debut with Super Junior.
Leeteuk officially debuted as part of a 12-member project group named Super Junior 05 on November 6, 2005 on SBS’s Inkigayo program, with their first single, Twins (Knock Out) the debut album SuperJunior05 (Twins) was released a month later on December 5, 2005 and debuted at #3 on the monthly MIAK chart.
In March 2006, SM Entertainment began recruiting new members for the next generation of Super Junior. But, due to objections from fans and strong opposition from the rotating system (popular in the industry in Japan) plans changed and the company declared that there would be no changes. After the addition of a 13th member, Kyuhyun, the group dropped the suffix “05” and officially became Super Junior. The first single U was released on June 7, 2006 and became their most successful song until the success of “Sorry, Sorry” in March 2009.
2007-2008: Sub-groups and DJ.
In February 2007, Leeteuk was placed in a trot sub-unit, Super Junior-T and a year later became a member of the Super Junior-Happy sub-unit. Leeteuk became Eunhyuk’s partner to DJ on KBS SUKIRA’s Kiss The Radio since 2006. Except for four months from March to June 2011, he was Yesung’s partner who replaced Eunhyuk, while he was in Taiwan to promote the Chinese mini album Perfection.
Car accident in 2007.
On April 19, 2007, after almost two months since Super Junior-T released his first single Rokuko, Leeteuk was seriously injured in a car accident, along with Shindong, Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun and two managers, while returning from the Super Junior Kiss the Radio program. While on the highway, the left tire burst when the driver made a quick change of lane, hitting the guardrail and overturning on his right side.
While Shindong and Eunhyuk sustained minor injuries, Leeteuk and Kyuhyun sustained more serious injuries requiring both to be hospitalized. Leeteuk had shards of glass buried above his eye and in his back, requiring more than 170 stitches. Leeteuk was able to leave the hospital on April 30, 2007.
Due to the accident, Leeteuk was not part of the big screen production of Super Junior, Attack on the Pin-Up Boys however, it was revealed that at the end of the film he took a small role as the mascot, a Panda, which had been carried out by Ryeowook for the rest of the film.
2009-2011: Variety programs and role of animator (MC).
Leeteuk receiving YouTube’s award for most viewed video of 2011.
Since 2009, Leeteuk, along with Eunhyuk and Shindong, became regular members of the SBS channel’s Strong Heart program, where they had a special segment, Boom Academy, along with entertainer Boom. In October 2009, when Boom enlisted for the military draft, Leeteuk took over the segment and temporarily changed the name to Teukigayo/Teuk Academy he was also a regular member of the SBS Star King program, with some Super Junior teammates.
In 2010, Leeteuk became the entertainer of MBC’s Enjoy Today, replacing Big Bang’s Seungri, who left to focus on his group. He sang along with f (x)’s Krystal the song “Grumbing” for the program. Leeteuk was also the MC of the MBC program, Love Chaser together with Yesung.
In 2011, after Kang Ho Dong’s departure from the entertainment industry, Leeteuk and Boom took over as entertainer of Star King. From September to November, Leeteuk became a father for Hello Baby together with girl group Sistar. Leeteuk also became a couple with actress Kang Sora for MBC’s We Got Married. He continued as a regular member of Strong Heart and as an entertainer of Star King until his departure for military service in 2012.
2012-2013: Sexy, Free & Single, military service and The Promise.
In June 2012, Super Junior released its sixth studio album, Sexy, Free & Single on June 23 Leeteuk’s concept photo was released showing his silver hair, gold necklace and dark makeup. On June 25 he himself tweeted another version of his concept photo with the same outfit but different pose, leaning on one hand with a deep stare. In the repackaged edition of the album, ‘SPY leeteuk composed the song “Only U” and co-wrote the lyrics with Donghae.
During the SMTown Live World Tour III concert in Indonesia on September 22, Leeteuk was unable to perform due to exhaustion and enteritis, for which he apologized the next day via his Twitter feed.
Leeteuk said in September 2011 that he had plans to enter military service in 2012. On Oct. 30, 2012, he reported to the 306th Reserve Battalion of the Uijeongbu Training C& in Gyeonggi Province to train for five weeks and then serve 21 months of active duty. He was initially declared “unfit” due to a 2007 car accident and a spinal problem, but after receiving treatment he was able to enlist.
In January 2013, Leeteuk began a round of appearances in the musical “The Promise”, produced and performed by the South Korean Ministry of Defense. Leeteuk has one of the main roles as “Miss Kim” and received much praise from the press and critics for the humorous yet heartbreaking scenes he was able to present through his role. The musical is about a South Korean platoon during the Korean War and the cast is made up of other celebrities who are serving in the service.
2014-Present: Completion of military service and return to being Star King MC
Leeteuk completed his military service on July 29, 2014.
Super Junior’s Leeteuk has returned as an MC on SBS’ ‘Star King’ after two years of absence due to his enlistment in the army. On April 18 episode, fellow MC Kang Ho Dong welcomed Leeteuk back to the show, introducing him as the ‘son of Star King’. Kang Ho Dong also surprised Leeteuk with a big hug. Throughout the show, Kang Ho Dong praised Leeteuk for his exceptionally natural mannerisms despite the long hiatus from variety shows, while Leeteuk jokingly replied back with confidence, “It’s like I’m chewing gum,.
welcome back Leeteuk!.
On June 28, 2016, it was reported that Leeteuk along with Suho (EXO), Kassy and Cho Young Soo will release the following digital single for the SM Entertainment SM Stationentitled ‘My Hero and will be launched on July 1.
During the month of October 2012, Leeteuk announced that he would enlist but because a large number of men were being drafted, he had to wait until October 30.It was later announced that there would be a fanmeeting celebrating the group’s 7th anniversary on October 20, moved up by 16 days, so Leeteuk could participate and say goodbye.On October 30, 2012 Leeteuk made his military draft entry with a massive turnout of fans and press.It was reported that about 3,000 fans were there supporting him plus Super Junior members.After a while he was named Seoul Military Service ambassador.
Leeteuk has been involved in several controversies since his debut due to his outspoken and outspoken manner on TV. Since the beginning of his career, his words have generated misunderstandings that have provoked negative comments from the public. Some of these occurred when he joked about South Korean Olympic medalist Kim Yuna, talked about Miss A’s Suzy’s weight, and flirted via Twitter with former Miss South Korea Kim Sora, among others. After taking the microphone during a concert in San Francisco, at the request of MBC channel, and speaking alongside official cheerleaders Taeyeon and Tiffany of Girls’ Generation he was called “Camera Bitch” by anti fans. Likewise, he has generated controversy for openly writing what he thinks about journalists who write false things about him on Twitter.
Leeteuk (Super Junior) Collaborations
- “Ice Cream” (2011) – Along with JOO
- “Please” (MBC Enjoy Today’s Ballad Project, 2011) – besides Shin Dong
- “Grumbling” (MBC Enjoy Today’s Ballad Project, 2011) – besides Krystal
- “Mr. Simple & I Got A Boy” (School OZ2015) – Together with Moon, Su Ho and Xiu Min
Leeteuk (Super Junior) Music
Compositions and Lyrics.
- “Only U” – Super Junior : Spy – 6th Album Repackaged – “Composition with Lee Jae Myoung, lyrics with Donghae” (2012)
- “Andante” – Super Junior : A-Cha – 5th Album Repackaged – “Only composition with Henry” (2011)
- “Oops!” – Super Junior : A-Cha – 5th Album Repackaged – “Just lyrics, with Heechul, Shin Dong, Eun Hyuk and Donghae” (2011)
- “All My Heart” – Super Junior : Bonamana – 4th album Repackaged – “Only composition with Henry” (2010)
- “I Am” – Super Junior : Don’t Don – 2nd Album – “Just lyrics, with Sung Min, Eun Hyuk and Donghae” (2007)
Other Compositions and Lyrics.
- “Now We Go To Meet” – Wishes of Sang Geun Album “Just lyrics, with Sungmin” (2008)
- “Grumbling” – MBC Enjoy Today’s Ballad Project Single ‘”Solo letra”. (2011)
Leeteuk (Super Junior) Drama
- Work Later, Drink Now (TVING, 2021) Ep. 12
- Secret Queen Makers (Naver TV, 2018)
- Perseverance Goo Hae Ra (Mnet, 2015) Ep. 5
- Salamander Guru and the Shadows (SBS, 2012) Cameo
- The Women of Our Home (KBS1, 2011) Cameo
- All My Love (MBC, 2010-2011) Cameo
- Dream High (KBS, 2011) Ep. 13
- Nonstop 6 (MBC, 2005) Cameo
- All About Eve (MBC, 2000) Cameo
Leeteuk (Super Junior) Musicals
- School OZ (cameo) (2015)
- The Promise (2013)
Leeteuk (Super Junior) Films
- SMTown The Stage (2015)
- Super Show 4 3D (2013)
- I AM (2012)
- SMTOWN Live in Tokyo Special Edition (2012)
- Super Show 3 3D (2011)
- Attack On The Pin-Up Boys (2007)
Leeteuk (Super Junior) Awards
Leeteuk (Super Junior) Radio Programs
- Super Junior Kiss The Radio (Sukira) (KBS, 2006-2011) – besides Eun Hyuk
Leeteuk (Super Junior) TV Programs
- Weekly Idol (MBCevery1, 2021) Ep. 533 MC Special
- Weekly Idol (MBC, 2020) Ep. 475 MC Special
- Super TV (xtvN/tvN, 2018)
- Super Junior Returns (VLive, 2017)
- Happy Together (TV Show) (KBS, 2017) Ep 487 along with. Kang Ha Neul, Shin Dong, Han Jae Youngy Kim Seul Gi
- PRODUCE 101 (Mnet, 2017, MC) Ep 6
- Star Show 360 (MBC, 2016, MC, airing) – Along with. Tak Jae Hoon
- Idol Star Athletics Championship (MBC, 2015, MC, to be broadcast) – besides Kang In
- King of Mask Singer (MBC, 2015.08.09, juror invited)
- The Mickey Mouse Club (Disney Channel Korea, 2015, MC, currently airing).
- Radio Star (MBC, 2015.07.15) – Next to Heechul, Ye Sung, Eun Hyuk, Siwon and Donghae
- We Are In Love – Couple Siwon & Liu Wen (JSTB China, 2015, Ep. 1) – besides Kang In and Zhou Mi
- White Swan (JTBC, 2015, MC, in broadcast)
- Star King (SBS, 2015, MC, airing) [From Ep. 409].
- I Can See Your Voice (Mnet, 2015, MC)
- Match Made in Heaven Returns (MBC, 2015, MC)
- Star King (SBS, 2015, Ep. 400, Special MC)
- SurpLINEs (LINE TV, 2015) – Along with Eun Hyuk and Kyuhyun
- One Fine Day (MBC, 2014.12.31) – besides Eun Hyuk and Donghae
- Running Man (SBS, 2014, Ep. 221) – besides Kyuhyun
- A Song for You 3 (KBS, 2014, Ep. 14-15)
- World Changing Quiz Show/Three Wheels (MBC, 2014.11.01) – besides Kang In, Eun Hyuk and Zhou Mi
- 1 vs. 100 (KBS, 2014.10.28)
- Super Junior M’s Guest House (SBS, 2014.10.26, MC, Ep. 1)
- Radio Star (MBC, 2014.10.08, Ep. 395) – Next to Kang In, Eun Hyuk and Siwon
- Star Gazing (MBC, 2014.09.18) – besides Shin Dong, Eun Hyuk, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun
- Strongest Group/The Ultimate Group/最强天团 (Jiangsu TV, 2014.08.08).
- Radio Star (MBC, 2012, Ep. 295-296) – besides Shin Dong, Eun Hyuk and Siwon
- Star Life Theater (KBS, 2012)
- Weekly Idol (MBC, 2012, Ep 60-61)
- Saturday Night Live Korea 2 (tvN, 2012)
- We Got Married Season 4 (MBC, 2011-2012) With Kang So Ra
- Hello Baby! 4 (KBS Joy, 2011) With SISTAR
- Super Junior Foresight (MBC, 2010-2011)
- Let’s Go Dream Team 2 (KBS, 2010-2011, Ep. 33,87,98)
- Love Chaser (MBC, 2010-2011)
- Happy Together 3 (KBS, 2010-2011, Ep. 152,200)
- Star Golden Bell 2 (KBS, 2010, Ep. 6)
- Strong Heart (SBS, 2009-2012)
- Star King (SBS, 2011-2012)
- Come to Play (MBC, 2010-2011, Ep. 291,305,320,344)
- Star Golden Bell (KBS, 2008-2009, Ep. 188,200,217,229,241)
- Idol Army (MBC, 2008) With Super Junior Happy
- Unbelievable Outing Season 3 (Comedy TV, 2008)
- I have a uncle
- Explorers of the Human Body (SBS, 2007-2008)
- Idol World (KM, 2007, Ep. 6-13) Con Super Junior T
- Super Junior Mini-Drama (Mnet, 2006)
- Super Junior Adonis c& (KM, 2006)
- Mystery 6 (Mnet, 2006)
- Super Junior Full House (SBS, 2006)
- Super Junior Show (KM, 2005-2006)
Leeteuk (Super Junior) TV Drama’s
- Bravo (next to Key) subject for History of the Salaryman (2012)
Leeteuk (Super Junior) Music Videos
- “Saturday Night – Super Junior D&E (2015)
- “All eyes on me”- SUPERFIVE (2020)