Lee JungShin (CNBLUE) Facts
- K-Pop Band: CNBLUE
- Position Bassist, Rapper, Maknae.
- Nakmin Elementary School (graduated)
- Jeongbal Middle School (Graduated)
- Jeongbal High School (graduate)
- Hobbies: Listen to music and take pictures
- Specialties: Playing bass and rapping.
- Languages: Korean (fluent), Japanese (fluent), and English (intermediate)
- He has Co/Composed and Co/Written some songs for CNBLUE, such as Daisy, Manito, Control, Stay with Me and Without You.
- Jung shin’s parents wanted him to become an athlete since he was five years old, they never thought he would be a famous artist.
- He has a great ability for photography.
- At first it seemed that he had no ability to sing, only to rap, but some time later he started to sing much better, even making very high notes.
- He is the maknae, and joined the group after the departure of the former bassist, Kwon Kwang Jin.
- Like the other members of CNBLUE is the maknae of his family.
- Of all the band members with whom he gets along best is with Yong Hwa Jung Shin has sometimes said that he misses his Hyung when he is not at home due to his busy schedule and that besides being close friends, they consider each other as brothers, as well as the other members of the group.
- I do not participate in the Japanese debut album of CNBLUE therefore, in concerts he usually sings part of the songs, as in “Love Revolution”.
- In the program “Go Show” he told that the president would give him a chance as the bass player of CNBLUE. He gave him a mission: “if you manage to play the songs of CNBLUE and the covers (total of 10 songs) in one month you can be part of the group”. He practiced so much that he got blisters on his fingers, as he could not practice, he exploded the blisters and put some band-aids. The rubber of these melted with the heat of the strings, then they stuck to the wounds and his fingers became inflamed. All because he did not want to lose this great opportunity.
- In a chapter of ” We Got Married”, Tiffany asked him who was his favorite member of Girls’ Generation and he said his favorite was Yoon Ah (he also said this on a radio program).
- He has successfully worked as a runway model and participated in Seoul Fashion Week for two years in a row.
- He revealed that he has a brother the same age as Yonghwa so he believes that is one of the reasons for their good relationship.
- Together with Jonghyun, they won the “Best Couple of FNC” award in 2013.
- During a concert at the AsiaWorld-Expo in Hong Kong caught in the moment, he fell from the stage, which fortunately was not very high. He only suffered a minor hand injury accompanied by the reactions of the members who after confirming that he was okay, could not hide their laughter as Minhyuk bent down to help the maknae from above.
- At the press conference of Temptation the actor Kwon Sang Woohe complimented Jungshin, commenting that he could soon be a leading actor.
- He bought a dog, and named it Simba, his are
- He disclosed that he no longer lives with the members and that he started living with his older brother. Now all members live separately.
- He often updates fans with selfies and messages, especially from his pet Simba, a Golden Retriever.
- Jungshin once again transformed into a runway model at Seoul Fashion Week, he walked the runway for SONGZIO 2015 Spring/Summer collection on October 17, 2014.
- Jungshin paraded in 3 SONGZIO outfits at Seoul Fashion Week; the designer of the SONGZIO line is also a fan of CNBLUE.
- Their sign is the goat and this 2015 is the year of the goat in the Chinese year.
- He is an exchange student in the reality show ” Off To School “he is Shinwoo.
- He will play his first starring role in KBS2’s two-part special drama celebrating the Lunar New Year in Asia on Thank You, My Son
- He has demonstrated good horsemanship skills.
- In an interview with fans one told him that he would like him to release a solo album, to which he replied: I’m so sorry.
- He sang in the MCountdown in his debut as MC (in which he is MC on Thursdays)… Video of presentation
- N.Flying he mentions that JungShin helped him by buying strings for the bass guitar and shortly before the debut he spent 5 million won buying a bass guitar as a gift for them
- He stated that at his last checkup he was told he was 1.88, to which he said he no longer wanted to grow.
- On the Japanese album, Colors, a song of his “Daisy” will appear for the first time.
- On July 5, 2018, it was released that Lee Jung Shin will enter the recruit center on July 31.Once he completes his basic training, he will continue his active duty service. His bandmate Kang Min Hyuk although he was due to complete his mandatory military service on March 19, 2020, he completed his service early on March 4, 2020 due to measures taken by the Military Manpower Administration (MMA) to prevent the spread of CO-VID19 on its military bases.
- On May 26, 2021, FNC Entertainment announced that Lee Jung Shin’s father passed away from a chronic illness on May 25. The funeral will be held in silence and only family and close friends will attend. The funeral procession will be held on May 28.
He was born on September 15, 1991 in Seoul. His family consists of his parents and an older brother. His family lives in Ilsan. He finished high school at Jung Bal High School in Ilsan, South Korea. He trained in FNC in 2009. And in September 2009, he joined CNBLUE as a bassist replacing Kwon Kwang Jin. Apart from being the bassist, he is also a rapper and backup vocalist.
Lee Jung Shin is the youngest member of CNBLUE as well as the tallest, standing at 187 cm. He modeled for fashion designer Song Hye Myung for “2010 Seoul Collection”. In 2011, he was chosen to be a runway model for the Seoul Fashion Walk show, this time for fashion designer Song Ji Oh. Lee Jung Shin was invited to be part of the “Men’s Fashion Week 2012” show in Singapore. But due to his schedule, he was not able to make it. He was also featured as the main model in the May issue of Cosmopolitan magazine with model Choi Joon Young. In Cosmopolitan, Jung Shin demonstrated his good guy image that turns into a bad boy. Singles issue of the May magazine also features Jung Shin.
Jung Shin started acting in dramas in 2012 with “My daughter Seo Young”, then in 2013 he participated in the drama “The Blade and Petal”. he returned to acting in 2014 with “Temptation” and again in 2015 with the two-part KBS special drama: “Thank’s my son”, which is his first leading role. he is also a cast member of the reality “I’m going to school”.
Lee JungShin (CNBLUE) Drama
- Shooting Star (tvN, 2022)
- Summer Guys (Seezn, 2021)
- Voice 2 (OCN, 2018) Cameo
- Longing Heart (OCN, 2018)
- My Sassy Girl (SBS, 2017)
- Cinderella and Four Knights (tvN, 2016)
- Click Your Heart (Naver TVcast/MBCevery, 2016) Cameo
- The Girl Who Can See Smells (SBS, 2015) Cameo
- Thank You, My Son (KBS2, 2015)
- Temptation (SBS,2014)
- Cheongdam-dong 111 (tvN, 2013) Cameo
- The Blade and Petal (KBS2, 2013)
- My Daughter Seo Young (KBS2, 2012)
- My Husband Got A Family (KBS, 2012) Cameo
Lee JungShin (CNBLUE) Films
- NEVER STOP The Story of CNBLUE (2014)
Lee JungShin (CNBLUE) Awards
- 2016 Asia Artist Awards: New Actor Award
- 2015 Dramafever Awards: Best Rising Star (Temptation)
Lee JungShin (CNBLUE) TV Programs
- South Korea Foreigners (MBC Every1, 2021) Ep 149
- Korean Foreigners (MBC, 2021) Ep 117
- Dear My Human (TvN, 2017)
- M! Countdown (Mnet, 2015) MC Junto Key by SHINee
- Jung Yong Hwa Hologram’s (Mnet,2015)
- Off To School (KBS2, 2015)
- Running Man (SBS, 2014) Ep 210
- Star King (SBS, 2014) Along with Min Hyuk
- Weekly Idol (MBC, 2014)
- Hello Counselor (KBS, 2014)
- Running Man (SBS, 2014) Ep 186
- Radio Star (MBC, 2014)
- Guerrilla Date (KBS, 2014)
- Hello Counselor (KBS, 2013)
- Cheongdam-dong 111 (tvN, 2013-2014)
- Mamma Mia (tvN, 2013)
- Invincible Youth 2 (SBS2, 2013)
- Star King (SBS, 2012) Along with Yong Hwa
- 1 v/s 100 (2012)
- Idol’s Star Atletics-Archery Championship (2012)
- Beatles Code (Mnet, 2011)
- Strong Heart (SBS, 2011)
- Star King (SBS, 2011)
- Sunday Sunday Night (MBC, 2011)
Lee JungShin (CNBLUE) TV Drama’s
- You For A Star theme for Cinderella and Four Knights (2016)
- Confession theme for Cinderella and Four Knights (2016)
Lee JungShin (CNBLUE) Music Videos
- 4MINUTE – Heart to Heart (2011)