Lee Joon Gi first made his feature film debut, in the movie The Hotel Venus (Japanese production). His first appearance in a drama was in Star’s Echo a two-part mini-drama aired on MBC and Fuji TV in 2004. He later made an appearance in Nonstop 4, Drama City What Should I Do?and the film Flying Boys.
In 2005, he landed his first major acting role in the film The King and the Clown in it he played the role of the buffoon Gong Gil, and showcased his great acting skills, which propelled him to stardom and popularity throughout Asia, and he received many awards. His next role was as the supporting character, Seo Jung Woo, in the drama My Girl in this drama, he radically changed the image of his role as Gong Gil from his previous film, The King and the Clown due to this drama, Lee Joon Gi’s popularity increased considerably, not only in Korea but throughout Asia and beyond.
He also made other great dramas and films, such as Virgin Snow, May 18 / Splendid Holiday, Time Between Dog And Wolf and its very popular and successful drama Iljimae joon Gi’s reputation in the Asian film industry is even more amazing, because he becomes even more popular with every drama and movie he makes. Some unexpected events have happened to actor Lee Joon Gi in 2009.
Released the digital album with musician Kim Hyang Suk, the album includes 5 songs that were released in 2009. Corresponding to the Fan meeting Episode I: Fan Meeting held on May 21, 2006, the Fan meeting Episode II: Mask was held on April 18, 2009, where after just opening the box office for ticket sales, approx. 4,000 tickets were sold in just two minutes.
Lee Joon Gi Facts
- Languages: Korean, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese and English.
- Debut 2001 in “So Basic” as a clothing model.
- Education seoul University of the Arts as an Actor
- Religion catholicism (baptismal name: Peter)
- Practiced martial arts: Tae Kwon Do 3rd degree, Hapkido 1st degree and Taekkyeon 1st degree.
- Joon Gi donated 20 million won to poor families at the 2006 mid-autumn festival and 70 million won to the youth center in Korea in 2006.
- Dispute with Mentor Entertainment In September 2008, he had a dispute with his former agency Mentor Entertainment. The agency sued him for 1.5 billion won for “allegedly violating his contract and showing no remorse for it”. Mentor Entertainment won the case however the dispute was later settled and the lawsuit was cancelled. Lee consented to maintain his loyalty to the agency and has consented to disclose the conflict between him and his agent by talking about his signing the previous year. After Lee and Mentor Entertainment resolved their misunderstandings, all misconduct was rescinded and they agreed to keep the relationship. However, Mentor Entertainment would not drop its lawsuit against Lee’s former manager, Mr. Kim, who was blamed for the misunderstanding. A spokesman for Mentor Entertainment said, “The declared conflict between us and Lee Joon Gi has been completely resolved, but the lawsuit for Mr. Kim for cheating with his work still continues.” In response to this Lee said, “I’m sorry or
- Military service: On May 3, 2010, he began his military service and completed it on February 16, 2012.
- It was located at the same base as Lee Dong Gun, Andy Kim Ji Hoon, Lee Wan, Kim Ji Suk and Kim Ji Suk, Kim Ji Hoon, Lee Wan, Kim Ji Suk and Park Hyo Shin.
- Actor Lee Joon Gi and singer Park Hyo Shin both participated in the “Korean National Military Symphony” concert tour. This tour is dedicated to the “commemoration of the unsung heroes” of the Korean War, and the two traveled to the United States on September 19, 2011.
- On June 10, 2015, he was involved in an accident while filming an action scene for the drama Scholar Who Walks the Night along with his partner in the drama Lee Yoo Bi he had to be rushed to the hospital, where he underwent emergency surgery on his nose due to a fractured nasal bone. The filming of the drama and his schedule had to be canceled for a week.
- He made his Hollywood debut with the film Resident Evil 6.
- On April 04, 2017 his agency confirmed that he is romantically involved with the actress Jun Hye Bin since early 2016. The two met in 2013 when they worked together on the drama The Joseon Shooter.
- On August 25, 2017, it was reported that. Jun Hye Bin and Lee Joon Gi have decided to end their relationship due to their busy schedules. However, they will continue to support each other as colleagues.
Lee Joon Gi Collaborations
- Sori – Pinky Finger (Lee Joon Gi Ver.) (Feb 19, 2009)
- Poppin Hyu Jun – Fly High (feat. Lee Joon Gi, Seo In Young ) (May 08, 2007)
- Lee Hyo Ri – Anystar (feat. Lee Joon Gi) (Dec. 26, 2006)
Lee Joon Gi Advertisement
- 2019: Penegreen derma
- McDonald’s (Shake Shake Fries)
- Longliqi Shampoo
- Samsung Anycall Fx (series)
- Samsung Anycall
- Lacvert Cosmetics
- KFC Go-go
- Su An Su
- Chungkang College of Cultural Industries
Lee Joon Gi Drama
- Again My Life (SBS, 2022)
- Flower of Evil (tvN, 2020)
- Hotel del Luna (tvN, 2019) Special Appearance
- Secret Queen Makers (Naver TV, 2018)
- Lawless Lawyer (tvN, 2018)
- Criminal Minds (tvN, 2017)
- 7 First Kisses (Naver TV, 2016-2017)
- Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo (SBS, 2016)
- He Was Pretty (MBC, 2015) cameo
- Scholar Who Walks the Night (MBC, 2015).
- The Joseon Shooter (KBS2, 2014)
- Two Weeks (MBC, 2013)
- Arang and the Magistrate (MBC, 2012)
- Hero (MBC,2009)
- Iljimae (SBS, 2008)
- Time Between Dog And Wolf (MBC, 2007)
- 101st Proposal (SBS, 2006) / Cameo ep1
- My Girl (SBS, 2005)
- What Should I Do (KBS, 2004)
- Star’s Echo (MBC/Fuji TV, 2004)
- Nonstop 4 (MBC, 2003) cameo
Lee Joon Gi Films
- Resident Evil 6: The Final Chapter (2017)
- Never Said Goodbye (2016)
- Virgin Snow (2007)
- May 18 (2007)
- Fly Daddy Fly (2006)
- The King and the Clown (2005)
- Flying Boys (2004)
- The Hotel Venus (2004)
Lee Joon Gi Awards
Lee Joon Gi TV Programs
- Paik’s Spirit (Netflix, 2021). Ep. 3
- Knowing Bros, Episode 150 (jTBC, 2018.10.20) with. IU
- Running Man, Episode 314 (SBS, 2016) along with. Kang Ha Neul and Hong Jong Hyun
- Lee Joon Gi’s JG Style (Mnet Japan, 2012)
- JG World (2013)
Lee Joon Gi TV Drama’s
- One Day subject for Arang and the Magistrate (2012)