Lee HongGi (FTISLAND) Facts
- K-Pop Group: FTISLAND
- Position: Vocalist.
- Education: Kyung Hee University in 2009 with a major in theater.
- Phrase: “I’m always good at what I do with a sense of responsibility.”
- Hobbies: Nail art, internet, cooking.
- Hobbies: Singing, listening to music, video games, billiards, bowling
- Favorite Color: Blue
- Favorite Sport: Soccer, basketball
- He made his acting debut in 2002 on KBS2
- He participated as a DJ in a Radio Program together with Shin Dong from Super Junior
- The best gift for Hongki from his fans was a dog (Elysia).
- He sang with Kim Hee Chul from Super Junior in the Immortal Song 2 program
- On the August 01 episode of MBC’s “Come To Play”, on the broadcast, Kim Hee Chul shares his friendship with Chocoball maknae Lee Hong Ki and revealed that there was a time in the past where they almost broke their friendship
- In Oh! My School 100 Points out of 100 Points the boys had to stand behind one of the girls present that they would like to be their partner, Hongki stood behind Miss A’s Min, as well as Simon D since they have a good relationship, but he stayed at the end with Simon D rejecting Hongki.
- During Oh! My School 100 Points out of 100 Points, also Choi Min Ho and Eun Hyuk they went to play a prank on him in the morning. During his stay there, Eun Hyuk when he commented that “Hongki read good books,” he just laughed nervously, his face flushed
- On the 100 points out of 100 program he said he was a problem student
- He said he had fought with former member Oh Won Bin because cooking Won Bin didn’t help and wanted to eat; then Hong Ki decided that they should go out so that his dongsaengs wouldn’t see him, but they just kept looking at each other and since they were still trainees they said that they needed that face for TV which caused the viewers to laugh
- On a radio program, he said that he liked the voice of Park Bom
- When I was a little boy I dreamed of being a policeman
- He used to skip meal times just to practice
- His first kiss was when he was in middle school, however his first love was when he was in high school.
- His favorite genre of music is Punk.
- Everyone thinks Hongki is the leader of FTISLAND but he himself clarified that it is Jong Hoon.
- He is good at playing Malttukppakgi (a Korean game).
- He wrote a book called Lee Hong Ki’s Nail Book, which ranked first in sales in Japan and second in Korea.
- Lee Hon Ki created Passionate Goodbye, which is a Photobook of the movie of the same name, became number one in its first week of sales.
- Today, everyone believes that FTISLAND and CNBLUE are rivals, however Hong Ki and Jung Yong Hwa are very good friends, since before he made his debut as the lead singer of CNBLUE.
- On December 14, 2012, news broke that Lee Hong Ki was stepping down as the host or MC of the program M! Countdown FNC Entertainment announced, “The production staff required him to make his return to the program after two weeks, but due to his current activities it is not possible, so it has been concluded that Lee Hong Ki cannot continue his activities as MC.” The activities of filming movie “Heaven” and his concerts in 2013 interrupted his activities as MC for the program.
- In 2013 he was the husband of Fujii Mina at We Got Married.
- He said that on the social network KakaoTalk, he had a group chat with members of the “Modern Farmer” team.
- On the Coming Out – FTISLAND program, he commented that he is very good at playing, but gets nervous in front of the cameras.
- When he painted his hair green, he felt embarrassed to leave the house with that color, preferring to go out with a hat.
- He admitted that previously, the single “PUPPY”, was to be the title song of his solo album.
- When he released his first solo mini-album, he said he felt uncomfortable because it was the first time he did it and he never thought he would do a solo.
- He said he still couldn’t believe he had managed to win the No. 1 spot twice with the song “Insensitive,” but it felt great to have succeeded.
- He did a collaboration for a tribute album to Lim Jaebum, for his 20th anniversary.
- He first transvestite on SNL (Saturday Night Live). Hong Gi said it was fun to do it.
- October 2016 saw Hong Gi’s first broadcast on Kiss the Radio as a DJ.
- In an interview conducted by Dazzed magazine, he said that when he travels abroad, he usually goes shopping, mostly buying clothes.
- He admitted that he can’t draw very well.
- He finds it fun to compose his own songs.
- He would like to sing a song in which his voice is accompanied by the piano.
- Hong Gi’s last performance at Musical Those Days in Korea was on November 02, 2016.
- Kim Hee Chul from Super Junior he makes fun of Hong Gi when he denies things, as he did on two occasions.
- On Nov. 9, 2016, a representative of FNC confirmed that Hongki was in a relationship with actress Han Bo Reum and on February 9 it was announced that they had split up.
- In his radio program on November 8, he said: “This winter I won’t be alone, honestly”. With this comment he also affirmed that he was in a relationship.
- His relationship with Bo Reum lasted only 3 months, as they both decided to focus on their careers.
- He began his mandatory military service as an active soldier on September 30, 2019, and officially concluded his military service on April 18, 2021.
About Lee Hong Gi
He is the lead singer of FTISLAND he is well known for his powerful and versatile voice. In his family, he is the eldest brother and has a younger sister who currently lives with his parents. He has been attending Kyung Hee University since March 9, 2009, majoring in drama and theater.
Lee HongGi (FTISLAND) Collaborations
- For You (너를 위해) – Lim Jae Bum’s 30th Anniversary Tribute Album (2015).
- Lee Hong Gi 1st Solo Concert “Merry 302 MHz” 2015
- 16 and 17 December – Kanagawa, Japan – Pacifico Yokohama National University Hall
- december 24 and 25 – Osaka, Japan – Osaka International Convention Center Main Hall
- 2016 Lee Hong Gi Live 302
- 09 and 10 January – Seoul, South Korea – Blues Square Samsung Card Hall
- January 17 – Taipei, Taiwan – Taipei International Convention Center
- 23 January – Shanghai, China – Shanghai Culture Center Hall
- January 24 – Hangzhou, China – Redstar Theatre Hangzhou
- February 14 – Hong Kong, China – Asia World Expo Field Hall 2
- Lee Hong Gi Winter Mini Live 2017
- december 07 – Tokyo, Japan – Tokyo International Forum Hall A
Lee HongGi (FTISLAND) Drama
- Melting Me Softly (tvN, 2019) cameo
- I Hate You, Juliet! (Oksusu, 2019)
- A Korean Odyssey (tvN, 2017-2018)
- Modern Farmer (SBS, 2014)
- Bride of the Century (TV Chosun, 2014)
- Muscle Girl (TBS, 2011)
- My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho (SBS, 2010) cameo
- More Charming by the Day (MBC, 2010) cameo
- You’re Beautiful (SBS, 2009)
- Style (SBS, 2009) Ep. 6
- On Air (SBS, 2008) Cameo
- Unstoppable Marriage (KBS2, 2008) Ep. 62
- Winter Kids (EBS, 2005)
- Freezing Point (MBC, 2004)
- Kkangsooni (EBS, 2004)
- Neh Sontob Kkeuteh Bichi Nama Issuh (EBS, 2004)
- The Lovely Month of May (EBS, 2003)
- Magic Kid Masuri (KBS2, 2002)
- Bicycle Thieves (EBS, 2002)
- Dancing girl Wah (EBS, 2001)
- [2019.07.03] 2018 Solo Concert in Japan “Cheers”.
Lee HongGi (FTISLAND) Musicals
- 2021-2022: Jack the Ripper
- 2016 Those Days
- 2014: Vampire (Japan)
- 2009: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
Lee HongGi (FTISLAND) Films
- How to Steal a Dog (2014)
- Rockin’ on Heaven’s Door (2013)
- Noriko Goes to Seoul (2011)
- Winter Child (2005)
Lee HongGi (FTISLAND) Awards
Lee HongGi (FTISLAND) Radio Programs
- 2016 KBS Cool FM:& Kiss The Radio (As DJ) (Since 17-October-2016)
- 2013: Choi Hwa Jung’s Power Time
Lee HongGi (FTISLAND) TV Programs
- PRODUCE 48 (Mnet, 2018).
- Night Goblin (JTBC, 2017)
- Master Key (SBS, episodes 1 and 2)
- Duet Song Festival (MBC, 24.03.2017 and 31.03.2017)
- A Look At Myself (나를 돌아봐) (KBS2, 2015).
- Cheongdam-dong 111 (tvN 2013-2014)
- Running Man episode 9 and 242
- Hello Counselor (안녕하세요) (KBS2, 2013 and 2015).
Lee HongGi (FTISLAND) TV Drama’s
- Raise Me Up theme for Switch: Change the World (2018)
- Do or Die theme for Modern Farmer (2014)
- When Loves Comes (Acoustic ver.) theme for Modern Farmer (2014)
- Words I Couldn’t Say Yet theme for Bride of the Century (2014)
- I’m Saying subject for The Heirs (2013)
- Ever if It’s Not Necessary theme for Heartstrings (2011)
- Still (as ever) theme for You’re Beautiful (2009) (feat. Jung Yong Hwa & Jang Geun Suk )
- Promise theme for You’re Beautiful (2009) (feat. Jung Yong Hwa & Jang Geun Suk )
- Jump subject for Rockin’ on Heaven’s Door (2013)
- Goodbye subject for Rockin’ on Heaven’s Door (2013)
- Two of Us feat Fujii Mina for We Got Married OST (2013)
Lee HongGi (FTISLAND) Music Videos
- M&D – 뭘봐 (Close Ur Mouth Song)