He first debuted in the entertainment industry as a singer in 1998, but is now more famous as an actor, starring in dramas like Sweet 18, Lovers in Paris and Stained Glass lee took a break from acting in 2005, claiming that he felt overwhelmed with his workload in both television and film. He resumed work in 2006 with Smile Again.
During a fan gathering event in Japan on December 5, 2005, Lee announced the release of his first photo album that also included a DVD, poster and postcard. Lovers in Paris along with the promotions of his new movie My Boyfriend Is Type-B helped to increase its popularity in Japan.
In December 2011, three months before completing his mandatory military service, Lee signed with talent agency Mask Entertainment. After the termination of his contract with Mask Entertainment. Lee signed with FNC Entertainment in November 2012.
In 2019, Lee starred in the romantic fantasy drama Angel’s Last Mission: Love.
Lee Dong Gun Facts
- Debut 1998
- Education: Hanyang University Department of Theater and Film.
- Languages: Korean, Japanese and English.
- Religion: Catholic.
- Baptismal Name: Emmanuel Lee
- Family: Younger brother who passed away on March 20, 2008.
- He entered the military service on June 15, 2010, and completed it on March 28, 2012.
- It was located at the same base as Lee Jun Ki, Andy Kim Ji Hoon, Lee Wan, Kim Ji Suk and Kim Ji Suk, Kim Ji Hoon, Lee Wan, Kim Ji Suk and Park Hyo Shin.
- He was the boyfriend of actress and singer Han Ji Hye with whom he worked in Sweet 18 and with whom he shares many advertising works.
- On July 3, 2015, his relationship was confirmed with Park Ji Yeon from T-ARA.
- On February 02, 2017, his breakup was confirmed with Park Ji Yeon.
- It was reported on Feb. 26, 2017, that he is in a relationship with actress Jo Yoon Hee who co-starred with him in the drama Laurel Tree Tailors.
- On May 2, it has been revealed that Lee Dong Gun and Jo Yoon Hee have legally married and are expecting a child. He wrote to his fans, “I am writing this because I think you all should be the first to know. Jo Yoon Hee and I, who met through a drama and became a couple, have registered our marriage and are legally husband and wife. As we were preparing to get married, we were blessed with a baby boy, and we are thankful and eagerly awaiting his birth. For now, I will concentrate on my drama ‘Seven Day Queen’ (tentative title), and we will hold a private wedding with our family and acquaintances once I am finished with the project. I’m not sure how this news will be received by my fans who have always supported me, but as much as I want to be a better actor and a happier person, it is my wish to receive your blessing. Please look at us in a warm light. In order to repay the love I have received from everyone, I will work hard to become a better actor.
- On September 29, it was confirmed that he had held a private wedding ceremony with his current wife Jo Yoon Hee the newlyweds shared their thoughts, saying, “Many people congratulated us and we are sorry that we could not invite everyone. We will try even harder as husband and wife as well as actors to show everyone who supported us a good image. Once again, we sincerely thank everyone.”
- On December 14, his wife “Jo Yoon Hee gave birth to a baby girl at a hospital in Seoul. The mother and baby are healthy, and Jo Yoon Hee is recovering while receiving blessings from those around her. Lee Dong Gun is celebrating this precious moment with the rest of the family.”
- On May 22, 2020, it was reported that he divorced his current wife.The company’s statement was:Hello this is FNC Entertainment.First, we would like to express our regret for having to convey this unfortunate news to the fans who love Lee Dong Gun.He made the decision to divorce after serious contemplation, and on May 22, he completed divorce arbitration proceedings at the Seoul Family Court.We apologize for causing concern to many, and [Lee Dong Gun] will work harder to make a better impression as an actor.
Lee Dong Gun Collaborations
- Yoon Eun Hye – Salad Day (2008)
- Drama Love Song – Love Hurt – Lady (Remix) (MBC Forever Love) (2008)
- 나의 바램이 저 하늘 닿기를 (Hoping my Wishes Reach Heaven) – 지금 사랑 (Love Now) (2007).
- The Position – Friends (Feat. Lee Dong Gun) (2007)
Lee Dong Gun Drama
- Oh My Baby (tvN, 2020) Special appearance
- Leverage (CSTV, 2019)
- Angel’s Last Mission: Love (KBS2, 2019)
- Where Stars Land (SBS, 2018)
- Sketch (jTBC, 2018)
- Seven Day Queen (KBS2, 2017)
- Laurel Tree Tailors (KBS2, 2016)
- Hello Mr. Right (iQiyi, 2016)
- Super Daddy Yeol (tvN, 2015)
- Marry Him If You Dare (KBS2, 2013)
- Star’s Lover (SBS, 2008) (Cameo, ep. 20)
- When It’s At Night (MBC, 2008)
- Perhaps Love (TV Mnet, 2007)
- Smile Again (SBS, 2006)
- Stained Glass (SBS/TBS, 2004)
- Lovers in Paris (SBS, 2004)
- Sweet 18 (KBS, 2004)
- No Chun Hyang vs. Ahn Mong Ryong (MBC, 2003)
- A Problem at My Younger Brother’s House (SBS, 2003)
- Sang Doo, Let’s Go To School (KBS, 2003)
- Forever Love (MBC, 2003)
- Ruler of Your Own World (MBC, 2002)
- Ring Ring (MBC, 2002)
- Friends (MBC, 2002)
- Can’t Help Being Born Well! (KBS, 2001)
- Three Friends (MBC, 2000)
- Kwangki (KBS2, 1999/2000)
Lee Dong Gun Films
- Encounter (2015)
- Changing Partners (2007)
- Love Song (2007)
- Racing (2006)
- My Boyfriend Is Type-B (2005)
- Family (2002)
Lee Dong Gun Awards
- Cheongdam-dong 111 (tvN 2013-2014)
Lee Dong Gun TV Drama’s
- A reum da woon sa jak theme for Lovers in Paris (2004)
- Friend theme for Stained Glass (2004)
- My Lady (Full Ver) theme for Forever Love (2003)
- El Dorado theme for Autumn Tale (2000)
- And I Love You So theme for My Boyfriend Is Type-B (2005)
- 내 아름다운 그녀에게임 theme for My Boyfriend Is Type-B (2005)
- 종이 비행기 theme for My Boyfriend Is Type-B (2005)