Kris Wu (EXO) Facts
- Former Kpop group: EXO
- Ex-Sub Group: EXO-M
- Symbol: Dragon (Flight)
- Guangzhou Nº7 Middle School
- Point Grey Secondary School (Vancouver, Canada)
- Fanclub: Meigeni.
- Training: 4 years as SM Ent. trainee (from 2007 to 2012)
- Languages: English (fluent), Mandarin (fluent), Korean (fluent), Cantonese (basic), Japanese (basic).
- Specialties: Writing songs, exercising, watching movies, reading (he especially likes to read self-improvement books or books that inspire him), playing the djembe (a type of drum).
- Hobbies: In his spare time he writes songs or exercises.
- Role model Super Junior’s Siwon & TVXQ’s Yunho.
- Religion: Christian.
- Favorite artists Tony Leungy Kaneshiro Takeshi.
- He was captain of the basketball team in China when he was 15 years old.
- He lived in Vancouver (Canada) for many years, so he is fluent in English and also has Canadian citizenship.
- It is called a “GFS “, which in Chinese language means that he is a tall, beautiful and wealthy person.
- He was the penultimate member to be revealed through teasers. Kris was in 3 teasers; at 8, 17 and 23.
- The members of EXO-M called him “the one who is the most important person in the world duizhang ” (Captain) which means leader in Chinese.
- It was supposed to be part of EXO-Kbut because SM Entertainment has a large market share in China, joined EXO-M.
- He once cried because of Z.Tao when Tao told him: “To have met such a friend, in fact, I feel so blessed and happy.” tao chose Stefanie Sun’s song – By My Side as background music to express his feelings for Kris. The main point of this song (Chinese version) is “the most beautiful surprise in my life is that I met you”.
- His favorite song from the first mini album is Angel and What is Love. He says he likes EXO-M’s song “Angel” as it is well written and gives off a feeling of being in heaven.
- Lay it was comforting for him to have someone who spoke the same language and came from the same country.
- He received the award for Best Team Player in “Let’s Go Dream Team Season 2”.
- He was voted #2 in the Top 5 ‘Most Beautiful Male Idols of Kpop’ by CCTV of China (2014).
- EXO-M members say that people think he’s a bad guy because of his evil smile but he’s actually the sweetest of the 6.
- He cried during New Year’s while calling home, as he was unable to spend that day with his family.
- He supported the charity organization of Fan Bing Bing, Heart Ali.
- He comes from a wealthy family.
- He will reportedly have his own life-size wax figure and will be displayed in a wax museum in China. he will be the first among Chinese male stars born in the 1990s to have a wax figure that will be on display at the Shanghai-based Madame Tussauds Wax Museum. The wax figure is scheduled to be made in London in mid-2015, before it moves to Shanghai. his wax figure is expected to be displayed in the middle of next year.
- At an early age, his parents divorced, and he moved to Canada with his mother.
- He has become very close to the actor and singer William Chan can be seen together on many occasions.
- He has signed with the actor’s agency Jackie Chan.
- He is ranked #28 of TC Cantler magazine’s most beautiful faces.
- He is ranked #60 of the 100 most beautiful faces in ” the 100 most handsome faces 2017″.
- On July 8, 2021, a young girl through Weibo denounced Kris Wu of rape. The young woman is Du Mei Zhu, a 19-year-old college student in Beijing. She said he met Kris when he was 17.According to his posts he said that Kris Wu’s agent invited his to the artist’s house, with the excuse that he could help his in his acting career. She said that as soon as he got there, he was forced to drink alcohol until he lost consciousness and then found himself lying on his bed. She also claimed that he had sex with other girls by seducing them with alcohol and promises to make them famous.
- Later that day Kris Wu’s studio issues a notice denying the allegations and announcing that they will take legal action for damages to their artist’s reputation. His lawyer promised to file a lawsuit against Du Mei Zhu and inform the police for defamation.
- On July 16, Du Mei Zhu publishes a video of a chat conversation with Kris Wu’s studio. In the video they try to negotiate. The studio offers two million yuan. In reality they would have three million yuan but for tax reasons he must return one million yuan. In turn Du Mei Zhu must delete his posts, upload another with an apology and sign an agreement where he promises not to threaten, blackmail or misrepresent the facts. Du Mei Zhu does not accept this agreement, since signing the agreement means accepting that he lied and blackmailed Kris, for which he would be sentenced to up to 10 years.
- On July 17, 2021, Du Mei Zhu posts screenshots showing that two money transfers for 200,000 yuan and 300,000 yuan came to him one from Kris Wu and one from his mom.
- On July 18, Du Mei Zhu posts again on weibo revealing that Kris often criticizes other artists, including his former EXO teammates. He also asks Kris for an apology and to retire from the industry.
- On July 19, Kris Wu releases a statement denying the allegations. He stated, “I have met Du Mei Zhu only once, at an evening with friends in December 2020. There was no rape and no one made anyone take drugs or alcohol to rape him.”
- In the wake of the scandal at least 11 companies, including Louis Vuitton, Bulgari, Porsche and L’Oréal, suspended or terminated their contracts with Kris Wu.
- On July 20, the “Communist Party Youth League” stated that Kris Wu’s case was serious and would be determined by the judiciary. In addition, the “Television Series Production Association” issued a statement calling on productions to end their projects with Kris Wu. They should follow the national administration’s regulations of not giving public appearance space to artists with serious scandals.
- On July 22, Beijing police issued a statement giving a preliminary report on the case. They stated that Du Mei Zhu went to Kris’ house, drank alcohol and had sex. At the time Du Mei Zhu was 18 years old. Kris’ manager is the one who contacted the girls. Kris Wu’s team tried to offer money for a settlement with Du Mei Zhu, but in the middle appeared a scammer. He posed as a victim to Du Mei Zhu and obtained information, then posed as Du Mei Zhu to negotiate with the studio and finally posed as the studio to negotiate with Du Mei Zhu. His goal was to keep the one million yuan. The fraudster was arrested. Du Mei Zhu and Kris Wu’s studio never negotiated any deal directly. The underage victims and the non-consensual relationships are still under investigation.
- On July 31, Wu Yi Fan, was criminally detained by the Chaoyang Public Security Bureau, Beijing, in accordance with the law for the alleged crime of sexual abuse and to prevent him from leaving the country. Further investigation work on the cases is ongoing.
- On August 16, he was detained by Beijing Police after the Chayang Public Security Bureau gave the order to arrest him on suspicion of statutory rape. The order was given after one of the witnesses identified as “A” requested help from the Beijing procurator after reporting that he had been abused two years ago, when he was still a minor.
- On August 17, his Weibo account was banned and about one million videos and multimedia content were removed from the internet and Chinese music platforms, his Baike Baidu and Movie Douban profiles were also closed, and his appearances on Chinese TV shows were removed from streaming platforms such as Tencent, WETV, etc.
- The actor filmed the drama The Golden Hairpin with the role of Li Shu Bai but was replaced after his arrest became known.
2007-2012: Apprenticeship Period
From mid 2007 to early 2012. Kris joined SM in 2007 with the SM Global Audition system in Canada, where he was living at the time. He was a trainee for 4 years until he was chosen by SM to join EXO. Kris was the second to last member to be revealed, which happened on February 16, 2012. On March 31, SM declared Kris to be the leader of EXO-M.
Kris said “The apprenticeship period was very long, especially maybe for me it was the longest (2007-2012). If I say that there were no moments when I was delirious, I would be lying, there were often periods of time when I felt useless, you can say that overcoming negative thoughts was the most difficult thing, because they kept appearing at different times.”.
His first public appearance was during the video of the 2011 Girls Generation Tour there is a video of Kris with Tao on the street, during the pre-debut, for which he earned his nickname “Denim boy “And another video of Kris among the trainers in the SM.
2014: Lawsuit against SM Entertainment
On May 15, 2014, Kris from EXO filed a lawsuit with the Seoul Central District Court to cancel his exclusive contract with SM over the contractual terms. Kris is no longer active in the activities of EXO as his lawsuit against SM Entertainment is being processed, it is revealed that Kris will not be joining his fellow members of EXO in its promotions and activities in the future.
The Lawyercho Bum Suk of the law firm Hankyul, who represented Hangeng in his case against SM, will be handling Kris’ case. The law firm confirmed with the media, “It is true that Kris has filed a lawsuit today (15th) against SM Entertainment for the annulment of his contract… Attorney Cho Bum Suk, who represented Hangeng, has picked up this case.”.
In July 2016 he lost the lawsuit against SM so his contract will remain valid until 2022, as agreed when he still belonged to EXO. Therefore from now on he will have to share his earnings with the Korean company although he can sign with other companies outside the country and promote freely abroad.
Kris Wu (EXO) Advertisement
- 2016: Mercedes Benz, Smart Forfour
- 2016: MIXXTAIL
- 2016: Ray Ban (CF)
- 2015: WeFire
- 2015: Diditaxi
- 2015: YOHO
- 2015: TMall
- 2015: Maybelline
- 2015: MEITU (publicity photos)
- 2015: Beats By Dre – Straight Outta Guangzhou
- 2015: Adidas Originals | ZX FLUX
- 2015: Mengniu Naite, mother’s day
- 2015: NaiTe Banana Milk
- 2015: Tencent, New Year
- 2015: Lancôme’s Rose Beauty (besides Wang Li Kun)
- 2015: Tong Yi Iced Tea (publicity photos)
- 2015: MENGNIU, deluxe Ice Cream
- 2014-2015: Tencent, So Let’s Play Together.
- 2014: Rose Only
- 2014: Samsung Galaxy S5 (voice, CF with Suho)
Kris Wu (EXO) Collaborations
- Thrift Shop – Amber Liu (F (x)) (2013)
- One Dream – BoA ft. Kris & Key (SHINee) (2012)
- Like a G6 – Key (SHINee) & Amber Liu (F (x)) (2012)
Kris Wu (EXO) Drama
- To the Beautiful You (SBS, 2012) Cameo
- Wrote and produced the song for the movie Somewhere Only We Know, “There Is a Place “.
- He wrote “Lullaby “together with Kevin Shin.
Kris Wu (EXO) Films
- The Mermaid 2 (2019)
- Blossoms (2018)
- Europe Raiders (2018)
- xXx: Return of Xander Cage (2017)
- Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back (2017)
- Valerian and The City of A Thousand Planets (2017)
- L.O.R.D (2016)
- Sweet Sixteen (2016)
- Never Gone (2016)
- The Mermaid (2016)
- Mr. Six (2015)
- Somewhere Only We Know (2015)
Kris Wu (EXO) Radio Programs
- MBC Radio ‘ Idol True Colors’ (16.11.2013, together with Lay)
- MBC Radio ‘ Idol True Colors’ (09.11.2013, together with Tasty and Lay)
- MBC Special of ShimShimTapa ‘Masterchef Top Star’ (05.09.2013, next to Lay)
- MBC FM4U’s Midday Hopeful Song (8/29/2013, Luhan, Chanyeol, Suho, Baekhyun, Chen, Tao and Kai)
- (Arirang-Radio) Sound K ‘AN’R (20/06/13, besides Suho, Chen and Baekyun)
- KBS Super Dog (17.08.13, together with Xiumin, Luhan, Suho, D.O, Baekyun and Kai)
- KBS-R Cool FM Hong Jin Kyung’s 2PM (06/17/13, besides Suho, Lay, D.O and Chanyeol)
Kris Wu (EXO) TV Programs
- Produce C& 2020 (Tencent Video) as guest judge and mentor (EP 3)
- Fourtry (2019) (iQiyi)
- The Next Top Bang (2018) (Dragon TV)
- The Rap of China (2017 – present) as Producer.
- 72 Floors of Mystery (2017) (Hunan TV)
- Happy C& (21.01.2017)
- BIGSHOT (12/01/2016)
- Qiang Qiang Behind The Headlines (01.11.2016)
- Day Day Up (Jan 08, 2016)
- Qiang Qiang Behind The Headlines (06.01.2016)
- King Of Comedy (18.12.2015)
- Day Day Up (17.12.2015, besides Liu Wen)
- Lakers vs Rockets Basketball game (13.12.2015, as commentator/MC).
- Day Day Up (02.12.2015, besides Jessica)
- Hi: Wu Yi Fan! (09/21/2015)
- Challengers Union (12.09.2015, together with Fan Bing Bing, Li Chen, Lin Geng Xinchen Han Dian, and Da Peng)
- Hidden Energy (03.29.2015)
- A Date With Lu Yu (17.02.2015)
- Happy C& (15.03.2015, besides William Chan, Yang Yang, Zhang Han)
- Tencent Premiere Show (12.01.2015)
- See You On Mondays (12.01.2015)
- Day Day Up (10.01.2015)
- Idol Hug (01/04/2015)
- See You On Monday (24.12.2014)
- (KBS2) Our Neighborhood Arts and Physical Education (07.02.2014)
- (KBS) Let’s Go! Dream Team II
- (KBS) Cool Kidz on the Block (Christmas Special, 2014)
- (KBS) Cool Kidz on the Block (24.12.2013)
- (MBC) Our Home’s Maknae (20.12.2013, besides Lay)
- Let’s Go Dream Team (17 and 24.11.2013, together with Tao)
- Idol Championship (18.09.2013, besides Suho, Baekhyun, Kai, Sehun, Xiumin, LuHan and Tao)
- (SBS) Running Man (17.11.2014, together with all EXO members except Chanyeol)
- (SBS) Running Man (10.11.2014, together with all EXO members except Chanyeol)
- Arirang-TV Simply K-Pop (03.09.2013, as special MC)
- Arirang-TV Simply K-Pop (20.08.13, as special MC)
- KBS Super Dog (17.08.13, together with Xiumin, Luhan, Suho, D.O, Baekyun and Kai)
- KBS Hello Counselor (08.07.13, with Chanyeol and Suho)
- 乖乖 (Guai Guai) theme for Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back (2017, with Tan Jing)
- Juice theme for xXx: The Return of Xander Cage (2017)
- From Now On theme for Sweet Sixteen (2016)
- 花房姑娘 (Greenhouse Girl) theme for Mr. Six (2015)
- There is a Place theme for Somewhere Only We Know (2014)
- 时间煮雨 (Time Boils The Rain) theme for Tiny Times 3 (2014)
- Say Yes theme for Make Your Move 3D (2014, with Jessica & Krystal)