Kim Sejeong (Gugudan) Facts
- Ex K-Pop Group: Gugudan (2016-2020)
- Position: Vocalist and Dancer.
- Number it represents: 3
- Symbol Four Leaf Clover
- Ex-Sub-Unit: Gugudan SEMINA (2018-2020)
- Ex-Project Group: I.O.I (2016-2017)
- Official Fanclub Name:
- Sesang (The Sesang [world] in which we live and which we will create together in the future, a precious existence without which Sejeong cannot live. Sesang [world] of Sejeong, everything of Sejeong. Sarang [love] of Sejeong, the people who love Sejeong.)
- Indeogwon High School (Graduate)
- Hanyang Women’s University
- Training period: 1 year and 11 months…
- Specialty: Ballads.
- Rolemodels: IU and Ailee
- Motto: “Try it one more time at the last moment: when you feel this is the last thing, do it two more times!”
- Hobbies: Drawing and watching movies.
- Religion: Atheism
- She participated in the second season of Kpop Star but did not make it into the Top 10.
- On TvN’s “Taxi” program she declared to be a big fan of the singer IU she is also a fan of the singer Park Hyo Shin and of the actor Jo Jin Woong.
- Obtained 2nd place in PRODUCE 101being one of the winners.
- Your song “Flower Road” (produced by Zico) made it to #1 on the Korean music charts.
- Earned an All-Kill 9 times with the song “Flower Road”.
- It appeared in Ceci and Dazed magazine in the month of December 2016.
- In the SAFs of SBS, I sing a short excerpt of her song “Flower Road” Jeong was trending #3 on Naver, while ‘Flower Road’ #9 once it made its debut.
- In September 2018, it was confirmed that she would be a regular cast member on the Netflix variety show, Busted!
- In 2019 on TC Candler’s official website she appeared in “The 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2019” ranking #99.
She was born in Gimje, North Jeolla Province, but moved to Anyang, Gyeonggi, where she stayed with her mother and older brother at her aunt’s house. Her parents separated when she was a child, leaving her mother to raise her and her brother alone; she has previously stated that she did not contact her father until her third year of high school.
In 2012, she participated in the second season of K-pop Star 2 at the age of 16, but she made it through the second round of audition, but Yang Hyun Suk brought her back as a wildcard for the casting round, where she performed a duet of Taeyang’s “I Need A Girl.” However, at the end of the round, she was eliminated from the competition.
2016: Produce 101, debut I.O.I and debut gugudan
In January 2016, she represented Jellyfish Entertainment along with fellow trainees Kim Na Young and Kang Mina on the survival show Produce 101 for a chance to debut in a girl group Mnet. The three were assigned to “Group A” on the first episode of the show, and she reached first place in several episodes, earning the nickname “God Sejeong. The show ended on April 1, 2016, and the final lineup of I.O.I, consisting of the top 11 poll winners, was announced. Sejeong finished in second place with 525,352 votes, becoming an official member of the group and officially debuting on May 4, 2016.
On June 10, 2016, YMC Entertainment revealed that Sejeong would not participate in I.O.I unit promotions, but would return to her agency to debut and promote with her upcoming girl group. On June 28, 2016, she officially debuted as a gugudan member.
Participation in the Jelly Box project with “Flower Road”.
On Nov. 16, Sejeong’s agency, Jellyfish Entertainment, revealed that she would be re-releasing a solo song titled “Flower Road” produced by Zico the song will be released through her digital music channel Jelly Box, which will be officially launched on November 23rd.
“Flower Road” is a ballad, which was produced by Zico while she was in “Talents For Sale” after listening to Sejeong’s story about her mother.
On November 24 at 1:30 am KST, “Flower Road” took the top spot on all major real-time music charts, including MelOn, Mnet, Bugs, Olleh, Soribada, Genie, Naver and Monkey3. It also topped Monkey3’s daily chart and ranking within the top 10 on all other charts.
2017: Acting debut in “School 2017”.
On May 24, it was confirmed that Sejeong received an offer for a role in KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama ‘School 2017’. Jellyfish Entertainment, stated, “Kim Sejeong met with the drama’s production staff, but her role has not been confirmed as we are currently in the middle of talks with them.”.
Jellyfish Entertainment, confirmed on June 5 that she will play Ra Eun Ho in ” School 2017″. Ra Eun Ho is a cheerful student who dreams of attending a prestigious university to date her first love, even though her grades are below average.
The “School 2017” production team shared in an official statement that “Kim Sejeong’s leadership and cheerful personality fit Ra Eun Ho’s character perfectly. Every meeting with Kim Sejeong felt like we were with Ra Eun Ho in real life.”.
” School 2017″ was scheduled to go on the air after ” Fight My Way “and tells the story of students who rebel against the grade-oriented school system.
Collaboration with Doyoung of NCT for the SM Station project with “Star Blossom”.
SM STATION has shared a video of Doyoung from NCT and Sejeong from gugudan presenting her song “Star Blossom” the song will be officially released on October 13 and they ask everyone to walk with them together on a starry night.
The letters of “Star Blossom” they express the romantic feelings they share as they take a walk together, both playing an adorable couple in the music video as a visual representation of the song’s sweet lyrics.
2018: Debut in the SeMiNa gugudan Sub-Unit
In June, the gugudan sub-unit was formed together with her group mates, Mina and Nayoung, officially debuting on July 10 with the single “SeMiNa”.
2019: Participation in the drama “I Wanna Hear Your Song”.
On March 29, it was reported that Sejeong would play the lead role in the upcoming KBS drama, ” I Wanna Hear Your Song” which is scheduled to begin airing in August. her agency Jellyfish Entertainment responded to the reports saying “While it is true that she has received an official offer for the role, a decision has not yet been made. She is looking positively at the offer.”.
She accepted the role and will play Hong Yi Young, an assistant timpanist in an orchestra who has been looking for work for three years. The drama will be a unique and mysterious love story about a woman who can only fall asleep after hearing the singing of a deaf person, as well as the terrifying murder that is lost in her memories and the traces of a lost love she is trying to find.
Back with the single “Tunnel”.
On November 22 Jellyfish Entertainment, shared “Sejeong is collaborating on a digital music project with Dingo in December and will release new music.”.
The agency explained:“Sejeong was selected as the first artist for Dingo Music’s idol collaboration project. With the diverse musical colors that Sejeong has, she will impress as a high quality vocalist of the next generation. Please look forward to discovering what kind of music she will release.”.
A teaser was revealed for Sejeong’s single project with Dingo in which the title song was revealed, “Tunnel” and was launched on December 2 at 6 PM KST “Tunnel” is a sentimental ballad written and composed by Park Woo Sang.
2020:Solo debut with her first mini-album “Plant”.
Sejeong released her first solo mini-album, “Plant” the mini-album contains a total of five songs, including the title track, and will be released on March 17 at 6PM KST “Plant” except for “Plant” sejeong co-wrote the music and lyrics for all the songs on the album.
Participation in the drama “The Uncanny Counter”.
On June 9, it was reported that Sejeong would take on the role of Do Ha Na in the upcoming OCN drama ” The Uncanny Counter” A source at Jellyfish Entertainment responded to the reports and stated “It is true that Kim Sejeong received an offer to play Do Ha Na and is currently reviewing the offer.”.
Sejeong was confirmed for the drama, where she will play the role of Do Ha Na who is able to discover the location of evil spirits with her keen sense of hearing. “The Uncanny Counter” is scheduled to air in the second half of 2020 followed by the finale of OCN’s “Search” and is based on a webtoon of the same name and tells the story of evil souls who return to earth to live an eternal life and the Counters who try to capture them.
Back with the Digital Single “Whale”
On August 10 at midnight KST, it officially announced its plans to release a digital single, “Whale” will be released on August 17 at 6 p.m. KST. This was revealed through a teaser clip.
“Whale” is a song that is co-composed and co-written by Sejeong, Flow Blow and Lee Chang Woo. The “whale” in the lyrics is a symbol of the past “I” who used to be unafraid.
Official dissolution of gugudan
On December 30, Jellyfish Entertainment announced the official split of gugudan through the group’s official fan site to announce the news.
2021: Back with her second mini-album “I’m”.
On March 9, MyDaily reported that Sejeong was preparing for a comeback in late March or early April. And, in response, Jellyfish Entertainment confirmed “It is correct that Kim Sejeong is preparing for a comeback as of now, but the exact dates have not been decided, so it is difficult to tell the details.”.
On March 18 KST, it was announced that she would be making her comeback with her second mini-album “I’m” the album contains five songs in total and, with the title track being “Warning” in collaboration with LIlBOI from Geeks sejeong participated in the composition and lyrics of the album’s five tracks.
“Warning” is composed by Sejeong, Hee Chang (Coke Paris) and Kim Ki San. The lyrics were written by Sejeong and lIlBOI and talks about resting when you need to in order to keep moving forward.
Official name of your fanclub
On March 27, Sejeong revealed the name of her official fan club “Sesang” which means “world” and the formal announcement on Twitter explained the meaning behind the name, and explained “The Sesang [world] in which we live and which we will create together in the future, a precious existence without which Sejeong cannot live. Sesang [world] of Sejeong, everything of Sejeong. Sarang [love] of Sejeong, the people who love Sejeong.”.
Debut as a musical actress
It was reported that Sejeong would participate in the musical “Red Book” (it tells the love story and dreams of a woman who was truly free in a terribly conservative era), will be performed at Hongik University’s Daehakro Art Center Grand Theater in June. According to LRT, Sejeong plays the role of “Anna” the musical is set in England, a country of gentlemen, and the Victorian era, which was the most conservative among them. Anna, a woman who wants to live as ‘herself’ without having to act like a lady and be a woman who must endure the hardships of reality with imagination and dreams of the future.
Renewal of its contract with Jellyfish
On May 11, Jellyfish Entertainment announced that they had renewed their exclusive contract with Sejeong. The agency stated “Hi. This is Jellyfish Entertainment..
First, we would like to thank the fans who love and support Kim Sejeong. This is an official announcement about Kim Sejeong..
We have renewed our contract with Kim Sejeong, with whom we have worked together for a long time, based on our deep trust. We will give our full support for her future activities so that we can be a reliable source of support for artist Kim Sejeong, whom we have accompanied from her debut until now..
Once again, we thank her fans who have constantly sent her love and support, and ask them to show warm love and attention to artist Kim Sejeong, who has a new beginning ahead of her. Thank you.”.
Back with the Single “Baby I Love U”.
On July 12, it was confirmed that Sejeong would be making her comeback with the digital single “Baby I Love U” on July 23rd at 6 PM KST. The song “Baby I Love U” is a remake of the song of the same name released by Japanese singer TEE.
“Baby I Love U” was produced and arranged by Iconic Sounds, which has collaborated with artists such as BoA, Girls’ Generation, EXO and NCT sejeong is expected to present a full of emotions with her unique clear tone and great singing ability.
Participation in the drama “A Business Proposal”.
On May 6, Sports Chosun reported that Sejeong had been cast as the female lead in the upcoming drama “A Business Proposal.” And, in response, a source from Jellyfish Entertainment, clarified. “Kim Sejeong received an offer to star in ‘A Business Proposal’ and is reviewing it.”.
On August 2, Kakao Entertainment revealed that Sejeong was confirmed to play crazy and optimistic Shin Ha Ri in SBS’s “A Business Proposal,” a drama scheduled to air in the first half of 2022.
It’s drama “A Business Proposal” is a romantic comedy about an office worker who goes on a blind date with the CEO of her company instead of a friend while hiding her identity. The story was first published by author Hae Hwa as a web novel in 2017 and produced as a webtoon in 2018. In August 2020, KakaoPage announced that they would adapt the web novel and webtoon into a drama.
Kim Sejeong (Gugudan) Advertisement
- ARMIS (2021)
- Dyson Corrale (2021)
- Destiny Child: Defense War (2021, game)
- Good Day Soju (2019)
- Volkswagen (2019)
- Ma:nyo (2019)
- Coca Cola (2018)
- Acwell (2018)
- Gyokai Tonkotsu Ramen (2018)
- Joosun Game (2017)
- Milky Dress (2017)
- MMORPG ‘주선 for Kakao’ (2017).
- LOTTE Water Park Heart Attack Paradise (2017, with Cha Eunwoo)
- DongWon Tuna (2017, with Jo Jung Suk)
- Alba Heaven (2017)
- Renoma Swim & Gym (2017)
- Lilian (2017)
- Milky Dress (2017)
- Hi-mart (2016-2017)
- Hite Jinro’s Cham Iseul (2016)
Kim Sejeong (Gugudan) Collaborations
- Jang Hye Jin – To Me (Duet. Kim Se Jeong) (2021)
- MC Mong – Can I Go Back (Feat. Kim Se Jeong) (2021)
- Taeil – Loves Me or Not (Duet. Kim Se Jeong) (Prod. Park Kyung) (2017)
Kim Sejeong (Gugudan) Music
He helped to compose:.
He helped to write:.
He wrote and composed:.
Kim Sejeong (Gugudan) Drama
- The Uncanny Counter 2 (OCN, 2022)
- A Business Proposal (SBS, 2022)
- The Uncanny Counter (OCN, 2020)
- I Wanna Hear Your Song (KBS2, 2019)
- School 2017 (KB2, 2017)
- The Sound of Heart (KBS2, 2016) cameo
Kim Sejeong (Gugudan) Musicals
- Red Book (2021)
Kim Sejeong (Gugudan) Awards
Kim Sejeong (Gugudan) TV Programs
- Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook (KBS, 2021) (02.03.2021) Ep.535
- Amazing Saturday (tvN, 2021) (02.13.2021) Ep. 147
- Busted! I Know Who You Are 3 (Netflix, 2021)
- Busted! I Know Who You Are 2 (Netflix, 2019).
- Galileo: Awakened Universe (tvN, 2018)
- PRODUCE 48 (Mnet, 2018) Invited along with. I.O.I and BATHTUB ONE
- Busted! I Know Who You Are (Netflix, 2018).
- Alley Restaurant (SBS,2018) Ep. 05/01/2018 MC Special
- 2018 Idol Star Athletics Championships (MBC, 2018)
- Super TV (tvN, 2018) Ep. 11-12
- Two Yoo Project – Sugar Man 2 (JTBC, 2018) Ep. 1
- Master Key (SBS, 2017) Ep. 2
- Running Man (SBS, 2017) Ep.377
- Boat Horn Clenched Fists (SBS, 2017) Ep. 12 (07/01/2017)
- Law of the Jungle – Sumatra (SBS, 2017)
- Battle Trip (KBS, 2017) Ep./03/17
- Get It Beauty 2017 (OnStyle, 2017) as MC.
- King of Mask Singer (MBC, 2017) Ep. 22/01/2017
- Singing Battle (KBS, 2017) Ep. 24/02/17
- Let’s Eat Dinner Together (jtbc, 2017) Ep. 10
- KBS Entertainment Awards (KBS, 2016)
- Flower Crew (SBS)
- Super Model Contest (SBS, 2016) Ep. 22.12.2016
- Immortal Songs2 (KBS, 2016) Ep. 17.12.2016
- Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook (KBS, 2016) Ep. 333, 345
- Immortal Songs2 (KBS, 2016) Ep. 19.11.2016 together with I.O.I
- Running Man (SBS, 2016) Ep. 313
- Vocal War: God’s Voice (MBC, 2016) Ep. 15/08/16
- Happy Together 3 (KBS, 2016) Ep. 461, 491-492, 522-523
- Mr. Baek Master of Homemade Food (tvN, 2016)
- Weekly Idol (MBC Every1, 2016) Ep. 13.07.2016 together with Gugudan
- My Love (KBS, 2016) Ep. 30.06.2016 besides Gugudan
- Challenge! Golden Bell (KBS) besides Gugudan
- New House (jtbc, 2016) Ep. 30.06.2016 along with Gugudan
- Immortal Song (KBS, 2016) Ep. 11.06.2016 together with I.O.I
- Cab (tvN, 2016) Ep. 24 and 31.05.2016 together with I.O.I
- Vitamin (KBS, 2016) Ep. 19.05.2016 besides I.O.I
- With You 2 (jtbc, 2016) Ep 17 and 24.05.2016 together with I.O.I
- Unni’s Slam Dunk (KBS2, 2016) Ep. 13.05.2016 together with I.O.I
- SNL Korea Season 7 (tvN, 2016) Ep. 07.05.2016 together with I.O.I
- Knowing Bros (jtbc, 2016) Ep. 07.05.2016 together with I.O.I
- Strong Man (jtbc, 2016) Ep. 26.04.2016 besides I.O.I
- Unni’s Slam Dunk (KBS2) with Mina
- Hello, Our Native Language (KBS, 2016) besides Somi, Chung Ha and Na Young
- Welcome Show (KBS, 2016) MC
- PRODUCE 101 (Mnet, 2016)
- K-Pop Star 2 (SBS, 2012)
Kim Sejeong (Gugudan) TV Drama’s
- Meet Again theme for The Uncanny Counter (2020)
- What My Heart Says theme for Record of Youth (2020)
- All of My Days theme for Crash Landing on You (2019-2020)
- Lover theme for Mr. Sunshine (2018)
- If Only theme for Legend of the Blue Sea (2017)
Kim Sejeong (Gugudan) Music Videos
- LIlBOI & Wonstein – Friends (Prod. by Slom) (2021)