Kim Hyungjun (SS501) Facts
- K-pop group: SS501
- Sub Unit: Double S 301
- Position Vocalist, Rapper, Dancer and Maknae.
- Wonchon Elementary School
- Wonchon Middle School
- Dankook High School (College High School Teacher)
- Kyonggi University (Information and Multimedia Communication)
- Languages: Korean (native language) and English (basic)
- Hobbies/Interests: Songwriting, swimming, dancing, video games, soccer and cell phone.
- Official Fanclub JUNUS.
- Motto: “Walk forward without fear.”
- Period of military service 06 of& April 2017 / December 29, 2018
- He attended the same high school as his high school classmate SS501, Park Jung Min however, Jung Min said he never met Hyung Jun until SS501 was formed.
- Thanks to Kim Hyung Jun, Heo Young Saeng had the opportunity to participate in the auditions, as Hyung Jun knew someone and introduced him.
- Park Jung Min he also nicknamed him turtle, because he walks as if he were wearing a shell. He also nicknamed him Astrolophitecus.
- He has a little dog named Choco, who is the protagonist of many of his photos. Hyung Jun claims to be his “father”.
- Prior to his debut, he and his group mate Hyun Joong they did not know how to smile in front of the cameras, which made them uncomfortable.
- Fans nicknamed him “Baby Jun” for being the youngest of the group.
- At SS501 was always the victim of the jokes of Park Jung Min and Kim Hyun Joong.
- DJing for Music High sBS (daily at 2am), he would do very funny versions of popular Kpop songs. Sometimes, he would even invite his group mates.
- He was invited to the wedding of B2M CEO Kil Jong Hwa, which was attended by many celebrities and almost completely SS501 since it lacked Young Min. after Hyun Joong withdrew, Hyung Jun, together with Young Saeng and Kyu Jong sang a song and introduced themselves as SS501.
- When the actor Park Yong Ha died he wrote his a song titled “Heaven” of his mini-album “Girl” in honor of his friend.
- Hyung Jun accompanied Kim Kyu Jong in his debut as a soloist alongside Heo Young Saeng.
- Regarding his first solo concert in South America (January 2014), he stated, “It’s my first time to visit Peru, Chile and Bolivia. I’m nervous and excited but I want to do my best to create a great experience for all the fans who have shown me their support. I will work hard to show what I have been preparing and to help adopt a good relationship between Korea and South America.”
- On March 13, 2014, it was revealed that his brother Allen Ki Bumjoined the same company where Hyung Jun is currently based.
- It belonged to the Japanese agency AVEX Entertainmentuntil 2015.
- He enlisted in compulsory military service on April 6, 2017. It should be noted that he received a four-week training before entering the promotions unit of the national police agency in Geyonggi Province.
- He completed his military service on December 29, 2018.
About Hyung Jun
He made his debut on June 8, 2005 as a member of SS501 being the youngest member of the group.
In 2010 it left DSP Media, which was managing it as part of SS501 and signed a contract with S-Plus Entertainment after this he made his solo debut in 2011.
Kim Hyungjun (SS501) Advertisement
- Lotte JTB (2013 – Present)
Kim Hyungjun (SS501) Career
2011: Debut as a soloist with his first Mini Album “My Girl”.
She made his debut as a solo artist in March 2011 with the mini album My Girl , putting his music tracks on the charts, such as “Oh Ah”, “Girl” and “Long night”.
This same year he made his debut as an actor in the musical play “Caffeine”.
2012: Debut as an actor on the small screen
During 2012, he ventured into the acting field by starring in the drama “Glowing She” or also called My Shining Girlof KBS, alongside actress So Yi Hyunand the actor Park Kwang Hyun at the end of that dorama, he was selected to star in another SBS drama, “… Late Blossom “together with the actress Kim Yoon Seoknown for his role in Poseidon.
Mini album “ESCAPE”.
El 9 de Julio released its new mini album ESCAPE the music video for the title song “Sorry I’m Sorry “ broke the record by taking it to the top spot in several music video charts such as Mnet.
In 2013 he participated again in dramas, I Summon you, Gold! and Melody of Love.
2014: South America Tour
The countries he visited were: Peru,Chile (he is the first member of SS501 he also held fan meetings, interviews and various charity events.
His tour began on January 10 and he returned to Korea on January 20. He then returned to filming for the drama Melody of Love.
On February 8, he presented his concert (at the Yonsei University Auditorium in Seoul) titled “He, His Story”. fans were able to listen to a new song that he prepared together with his guest Park Jung Min.
Fifth Anniversary Celebration
On April 14, he celebrated his fifth anniversary as Music High’s DJ and at the same time made his last broadcast, producing an emotional farewell. He said: “I have really lived very happy moments during these 5 years”.
In the middle of this year he returned to a musical, Caffeine the same play he presented in 2010 and 2011, but on this occasion his brother also joined the cast Kim Ki Bum.
In October he began his tour in Japan, visiting several cities and in which concerts he would present his new single to be released in that country to his Japanese fans. “Better”.
2015: Contract with CI ENT and on “Fan Night Live” Tour
He signed a contract with CI ENT in March and completed the Tour “Fan Night Live” during the month of July in Japan and its second Latin America Tour called “FNL IN LATIN AMERICA”. visiting Mexico, Bolivia, Argentina and Chile during the first days of August.
On August 17, his comeback in Korea took place after two years, with the release of his digital single entitled“Cross the Line”.
In September he signed with ‘PONY CANYON’, a major Japanese label, starting his activities on a large scale in Japan this autumn and various projects, highlighting the musical “Haru” where he shares the stage with his friend and also a member of SS501 Heo Young Saeng who also signed a contract at CI Ent, so they are also agency partners.
2016: Comeback as Double S 301
In interview for BNTnews (Nov. 2015), Young Saeng confirmed that they will record a mini-album together with Kyu Jong and kim Hyung Jun in the return as a sub-unit of SS501 it would be for January or February 2016.
On Jan. 14 (2016), in the early hours of the morning in Korea, Kim Hyung Jun and Heo Young Saeng’s agency CI Entertainment, revealed via their facebook a teaser photo of them together with Kyu Jong which confirms the trio’s long-awaited comeback.
On January 20 (2016) CI ENT announced that February 16 will be the release of Double S 301’s mini-album “ETERNAL 5” and also released new images of the boys with their faces already visible.
2017: Release of his album “AM to PM 7-5-11-3” and enlistment to the Compulsory Military Service.
On April 6, the singer shared his thoughts with reporters near the Nosan army training center “I enlisted in the army at the age of 31. i want to serve well in the army. this is my only thought. since we all went through it, i want to do well and come back.”.
On the same day he joined the Army the singer released his latest EP album “AM to PM 7-5-11-3” and has released the music video for “Count On You” hyung Jun participated in the production of the album, in addition to writing the lyrics and composing the lyrics.
Kim Hyungjun (SS501) Collaborations
- “Talk About Love” – n.g.o. W-Foundation charity project (Oct.-2014)
- “Love Train” – Leo Kekoa [2nd Album “Black belt”] – (Feb.-2009)
Kim Hyungjun (SS501) Drama
- Dream Knight (Youku Tudou, 2015) Cameo Ep. 6
- Melody of Love (KBS, 2013)
- I Summon You, Gold! (MBC, 2013)
- Late Blossom (TV SBS plus, 2012)
- My Shining Girl (KBS, 2012)
- Black City / Pianissimo (E Trend, 2010)
- Boys Over Flowers (KBS2, 2009) Cameo ep. 4
- Hotelier (TV Asahi, 2007) Cameo Ep. 7
- Nonstop 5 (MBC, 2005)
Kim Hyungjun (SS501) Musicals
- 2016: “In the Heights” (Japanese musical)
- 2015: “HARU” (Japanese musical)
- 2014 “Caffeine”
- 2010-2011: “ Caffeine”
Kim Hyungjun (SS501) Films
- Rough Play (2013)
- Pi History (2006) voice of Pi
Kim Hyungjun (SS501) Awards
Kim Hyungjun (SS501) Radio Programs
- “Kim Hyung Jun’s Music High”. (SBS Power FM,2009-2014) as DJ.
Kim Hyungjun (SS501) TV Programs
- We Got Marriedseason 3 (MBC, 2011) Ep 10
- Mnet wide news (Mnet, 2011) MC
- Midnight Idols (MBC, 2010)
- Game (MBC, 2010)
- God of Cookery Expedition (MBC, 2009, 2012)
- “Find it! Green Gold” (SBS, 2009)
- THE M (MTV, 2009) with Sunny from Girls’ Generation
- M! Countdown (Mnet,Feb.-2009) together with Leo Kekoa
- We Got Marriedseason 1 (MBC, 2008) Recurring guest
- ALBRARY ch.27 (Mnet, 2008)
- 1000 Songs Challenge (SBS, 2007) with Heo Young Saeng
- HELLO 쳇 (Mnet, 2006)
- X-Man (SBS, 2005-2006) Ep 41, 43, 46, 51, 61
- M! Countdown (Mnet, 2005) MC with Park Jung Min
Kim Hyungjun (SS501) TV Drama’s
- “Love One Say” -subject for Late Blossom OST (2012)
- “Sign” -subject for Late Blossom OST (2012)
- “Everyday” -subject for My Shining Girl OST (2012)
- “Girl” (Spacecowboy ver.) -theme for My Shining Girl OST (2012)
- “Heaven” -subject for My Shining Girl OST (2012)
- “Long Night” -subject for My Shining Girl OST (2012)
- “Indecisive” -subject for Hooray for Love OST (2011)
- “Midnight Passes” -subject for Lie To Me (2011)
Themes for Musicals
- “Love Is” (feat Kim So Jung) -topic for “Caffeine” (2010)
Kim Hyungjun (SS501) Music videos
- Kan Mi Youn – “Paparazzi” (2011).