KangTa (Proyect S) Facts
- Ex-K-Pop Group: H.O.T
- Group K-Pop: Project S
- Entry into the Military Service: April 1, 2008.
- Termination of Military Service: February 19, 2010.
- Languages Chinese, Korean and English
- Hobbies Dancing, collecting CDs and listening to music, singing.
- Official color White
- Kang Ta was the first to join H.O.T. director Lee So Man saw him sing and dance in public and was totally impressed.
- In September 2010, Kang Ta remains as a shareholder of SM Entertainment and released his new Chinese electro-pop song title, “Love, Frequency “A few days later, he also released his first digital mini-album with the same name, “Breaka Chaka. “Love Frequency “.
- Kang Ta showed his interest in having the band reunite in the first half of 2011. However in March 2012, the former members said it would be too difficult as they each had their own lives and personal projects. So Kangta decided to abandon the project, which he said, had already started but was left halfway.
- H.O.T. maintained a friendly rivalry with other K-pop bands such as Six gravel were very close friends of Kim Hwa Sung from NRG kangta was totally heartbroken (he almost fell into depression) over the death of one of his best friends, and when NRG released their album after Kim Hwa Sung’s death, Kangta wrote the title song of their album in honor of him.
- He and Jun Jin from Shinhwa went to the same high school together.
- In a Variety Tv Show “Generation Show” in China, stated that his ideal type is Victoria Song from F (x) and that he wanted to conquer his when he got out of his military service but some idols were already trying to conquer his and so he gave up.
- His first love was BoA.
- Kang Ta was the actress’s boyfriend for 5 years Park Ji Yoon after their separation, he suffered from depression.
- Kang Ta is carrying out an ecological campaign through the sale of autographed T-shirts with graphics to raise awareness of how important it is to take care of the air and vegetation.
- Produced the entire OST of That Winter, The Wind Blows.
- You were asked: Which member of Girls’ Generation would you choose as your ideal type? and he answered that someone with the appearance of Kim Tae Yeon and the personality of SooYoung and finally he chose Im Yoon Ah as their ideal type.
- He is SM Entertainment’s top trainer and has trained renowned groups such as TVXQ (DBSK), SHINee, Super Junior and EXO.
- On February 4, 2020, it became known that he is in a relationship with the actress Jung Yoo Mi.
About Kang Ta
He was discovered by SM Entertainment in 1992 in a theme park at the age of 13 and made his debut as a dancer for the famous singer Young Jin, consequently Kang Ta decided to become a singer, and when the group was formed H.O.T. joined him, his now friend, Moon Hee Jun (band leader), as well as the rest of the members of the group.
After the separation of H.O.T. each member went his own way and Kang Ta decided to stay in SM Ent. continuing his career now as a solo artist. He made his debut as such on August 16, 2001 with the album “H.O.T.”POLARIS “ which would be followed later, after one year (2002) by “PINE TREE “and others up to his latest Korean work in 2008 “ETERNITY later, in 2005, he also made the Chinese version of “The Chinese version of “PERSON “and his latest so far mini-album in Chinese “Enjoy Kangta’s Music “.
In 2003 he held his first solo concert, introducing himself to the public as a soloist and presenting his work to the public.
Film & TV
In 2002 he already made his first appearances on the big screen, appearing in Emergency Act 19 After that, he started his career as a dorama actor in 2005 in The Magic Touch Of Fate In 2007 he also made the second part of Love In The City 2 his latest work on the small screen is from the Chinese channel CCTV Happy Ending for the Korean network jTBC.
KangTa (Proyect S) Drama
- Happy Ending (jTBC , 2012)
- Love in the City 2 (CCTV, 2007)
- Loveholic (KBS, 2005)
- The Magic Touch of Fate (BTV, 2005)
KangTa (Proyect S) Films
- Ji Gong (2015)
- SMTOWN The Stage (2015)
- Secret Garden (2012)
- I AM. (2012 Documentary)
- SMTOWN Live in Tokyo Special Edition (2012)
- Resurrection of the Little Match Girl (2002)
- Emergency Act 19 (Cameo) (2002)
KangTa (Proyect S) Awards
KangTa (Proyect S) TV Programs
- Raid the Convenience Store (tvN, 2017). Ep. 1
- I Live Alone (2013)
- The Voice of Korea (Mnet, 2012)
- Pasta and Enough (JTBC, 2012)
KangTa (Proyect S) TV Drama’s
- Arrow theme for Athena (2011)