Kahi (MAMADOL) Facts
- Former K-Pop Groups
- Project Group: MAMADOL (2022)
- Position: Vocalist, Dancer and Rapper
- Sunae High School
- Seokyeong University (Department of Theater and Film)
- Debut 2009
- Fan club sPARKles
- Skills Dancing, Composing, Playing guitar, piano and drums.
- He wrote the following songs: When I fall (2nd single Because of You), With U (Together with Nana of the Single Bang!) Someone is You (single Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love), Come Back You Bad Person (Kahi solo, and other songs from the same album). she wrote the Rap part of the MV Bad Boy from Son Dam Bi also wrote the rap for the singer’s first mini album Suki entitled One Love.
- Languages: Korean (Mother Tongue), Japanese and English (basic)
- She was the co-founder of PLEDIS Entertainment together with Han Seung Soo.
- It was supported by Kang Ho Dong to fulfill her dreams of becoming a singer and dancer.
- It was on the Hot Dance list in 2007.
- She was a dancer forsM and YG Entertainment.
- Kahi can be seen as a dancer in the following MVs : MyName-BoA, All Fammy-Eun Ji Won, Se7en-Crazy (min.3:31), Lexy ft Teddy-Let Me Dance, Jinusean-Phone Number, support in performances of Chae Yeon – Two of Us.
- After dropping out of college to pursue her dream, at the age of 30 she was accepted to Seokyeong University on a 4-year scholarship. She will study drama and acting.
- June 5, 2012, PLEDIS Entertainment reported that Kahi would be graduating from After School in September, thus beginning her solo career focused on music and acting.
- At the last show of After School’s Japanese tour all the members of the group talked about Kahi and their farewell to the group as a last message to their former leader. After that they sang the ballad Tell Me from its Japanese album PLAYGIRLZ.
- On October 8, 2013, the singer passed away Rottyful Sky who was the composer of It’s Me (song that was released 2 days later).
- On March 8, she reunited with her former After School classmates to sing Bang! at the ‘400th Show Music Core’. Video
- She announced on Twitter that she would leave PLEDIS Entertainment she added “Thank you Pledis for taking me in even when I wasn’t ready and, helping my dreams come true.” A representative for Pledis said the two agreed to part ways as Kahi wanted to pursue other fields.
- Singer Kahi has found a new home at Choo Sung Hoon’s agency, Bonboo Entertainment. “I am the newest member of a big family. I will give my best with positive energy,” the singer announced on her Instagram on May 20 along with the hashtag “Bonboo Entertainment. “Kahi joins the agency of another big star, Choo Sung Hoon, martial arts artist and star of “Superman Returns. “By acquiring Kahi, the relatively new agency adds some diversity as it looks to continue expanding. Meanwhile, Kahi recently received plenty of attention when she showed off her singing skills on MBC’s “King of Mask Singer. “Later, she will focus on her work in a musical.
- On March 26, 2016, she married Yang Jun Mo (CEO of fashion brand Incase Korea) in a small private wedding in Hawaii.
- On May 13, it was reported that she is 3 months pregnant, and the baby is expected to be born in November.
- On October 3, 2016, she welcomed her first child at a hospital in Seoul.
- She cried when she saw NU’EST as participants in PRODUCE 101 SEASON 2 as they trained together with Kahi when they were trainees.
- On December 5, 2017, it was reported that the singer is two months pregnant with her second child. Her agency commented that for the time being she will focus on prenatal care.
- On the morning of June 16, 2018, she gave birth to her second child.
She was raised by her grandparents. Inspired by singer Choi Rina, Kahi knew she wanted to pursue dancing, so she took classes in the area. However, her parents were opposed to such an idea, arguing that it was a false dream. At the age of 18, she entered college, forced by her father, as she was always afraid of her (she considers that they did not have a warm relationship). Determined to pursue her dream, Kahi left the university and her parents’ home, going to live with a friend in the Korean capital. Her parents found her two weeks later, in a coffee shop, and insisted that she return to college. Knowing that if she returned to them she would not fulfill her dream, Kahi went to the bathroom and escaped through the bathroom window, making a promise to herself that she would not return if she did not get her wish.
She would not see her parents again until seven years later. Just when she had nowhere to go, a person asked her if she was interested in dancing for someone, that person was singer Mi-ae. Mi-ae asked her to try dancing her choreography, which Kahi successfully accomplished thanks to her ability to learn routines quickly. Three months later, Kahi was a backup dancer for DJ DOC, in her song Run To You. She confesses that many looked down on her for getting such an opportunity as a first-timer. She could no longer stand the hostile environment towards her and quit.
Unable to return home to her parents, she worked as a waitress at a restaurant to survive the hard times she was going through. She danced at night where she worked, and that’s when she received a call from a choreographer, informing her that the singer BoA needed an additional dancer on their team and asked if she could help them. Kahi said yes and from then on, for 3 years, she was a dancer for BoA. Despite being established as a dancer, Kahi also wanted to be a singer. She quit dancing and contacted BoA’s then manager, Han Seung Soo, now CEO of Pledis Entertainment. They contacted Son Dam Bi and the three worked hard on the foundation of the company and what Kahi wanted for the group she had in mind.
At her first performance as a performer, her family came to see her, after a long time of not talking to them. After seeing her, her father said these words: “Our Ji Young is the most beautiful.” Hearing that from the father she considered distant, Kahi cried with happiness. She had fulfilled her promise to return home only after achieving her dream of being a dancer and singer.
Kahi (MAMADOL) Advertisement
- Vivaldi Ocean World (besides UEE ) (2009)
- Fat Down (2010)
- Hyundai Veloster (Team White Crystal) (2011)
Kahi (MAMADOL) Collaborations
- Tonight – Andrew Pongfeat. Kahi (2015)
- Runway – Chae Yeon (2015)
- One Love – Suki feat. Kahi (2010)
- Let’s Go – G-20 (2010)
Kahi (MAMADOL) Drama
- Because We Haven’t Broken Up Yet (SNS,2013)
- Dream High 2 (KBS2, 2012)
- You’re Beautiful (SBS, 2009)cameo
Kahi (MAMADOL) Musicals
- All Shook Up! (2015) – role of Sandra
- Cinderella (2015)
- Bonnie & Clyde (2014) – role of Bonnie.
Kahi (MAMADOL) Films
- White: The Melody of the Curse (2011)cameo
Kahi (MAMADOL) TV Programs
- Mama the Idol (Tvn, 2021-2022) Principal
- PRODUCE 48 (Mnet, 2018) Guest.
- PRODUCE 101 Season 2 (Mnet, 2017)
- PRODUCE 101 (Mnet, 2016)
- Son Dam Bi’s Beautiful Days (MBC, 2013)
- Playgirlz School Every 1 (MBC 2009)
- SBS Heroes (2010)
- Diary of After School (2009)
- 2010 SBS Entertainment Awards: Best Newcomer and New Variety Star