JungEum (Sugar) Facts
- Ex-Kpop Group Sugar (founder).
- Sunhwa Arts High School.
- Suwon University (Department of Theater and Film).
- Debut : 2001.
- Hobbies: Listening to music, shopping, cooking, and dressing their dogs.
- She thought about quitting acting when she was filming the drama Golden Time He found the whole thing stressful, but after filming Incarnation of Money said she had a more positive experience.
- Diagnosed with H1N1 virus while filming High Kick Through The Roof the filming was interrupted by the production team to accommodate the actress’ speedy recovery.
- After her participation in the drama Secret Love became great friends with her co-star Ji Sung with whom she worked two years later in Kill Me, Heal Me.
- Hwang Jung Eum and Kim Yong Jun publicly confirmed their relationship in January 2008, and it became known on May 15, 2015 that the couple had ended their relationship after she concluded filming the drama Kill Me, Heal Me.
- On December 08, 2015, Hwang’s agency C-JeS Entertainment, confirmed that the actress had been dating Lee Young Don, a professional golfer and businessman. On January 07, 2016, Hwang announced her marriage plans with Lee Young Don. The ceremony took place on February 26, 2016.
- She is a cousin of Hwang Yun Sung vocalist of the group ROMEO.
- On February 02, 2017, C-JeS Entertainment, confirmed she was four months pregnant so she was on break.
- On August 15, 2017, she gave birth to her first child.
- On September 3, 2020, it became known that the actress filed for divorce through mediation before the Seongnam branch of the Suwon District Court on September 2, after four years of marriage. Her agency later confirmed the news.
- On July 9, 2021, her agency shared, “During the divorce mediation, Hwang Jung Eum and her husband, they came to understand each other’s differences of opinion. Through in-depth talks, they decided to continue as a married couple.”
- On October 12, 2021, it was announced that Hwang Jung Eum and her husband are expecting their second child after their reconciliation. She is expected to give birth next year.
Hwang Jung Eum debuted as part of the kpop group, Sugar she left the group in 2004 to embark on a solo career. From 2004 to 2006, she was a recurring guest on the television program Love Letterwhere she paired with Kim Jong Min she made her official acting debut through the drama The Person I Lovein 2007.
In 2008, Jung Eum together with her then boyfriend, Kim Yong Jun (member of the band SG Wannabe), were part of the second season of the program We Got Marriedafter a year, Jung Eum rose to fame by appearing on the daily sitcom High Kick Through The Roofwhere she played a college student with a lot of energy but generally clumsy and confident despite not having money and opportunities, which represented the students of that time, so she managed to connect with the audience.
After its appearance in High Kick the actress signed numerous advertising contracts and in an interview said that she started the series with only ₩487 (US$0.45) in her bank account, and by the time the series came to an end, she earned ₩1.2 billion. She ranked 18th on Forbes Korea’s Top 40 Celebrities of 2011 and 7th on the list of the richest kpop idols of 2011. Mnet’s Idol Chart Show Ranked among the top 7 female stars with the most advertisements in South Korea.
In February 2010, Jung Eum introduced the MBC program Star Dance Battle together with Oh Sang Jinat the end of December, she was chosen as one of the presenters for the end-of-year music program SBS Gayo Daejeon together with Kim Hee Chul from Super Junior, Jung Yong Hwa from CNBLUE and Jo Kwon from 2AM.
Jung Eum began to play leading roles in several television series. Among her most notable roles are in the historical drama Giant (2010), Can You Hear My Heart (2011), Golden Time (2012) and Incarnation of Money (2013). The highest peak in her career began when she played the female lead in the drama Secret Love2013, where she shared roles with Ji Sungthis was followed by the historical drama Endless Lovein 2014. However, international fame came in 2015, when she starred in the drama Kill Me, Heal Me in which she once again shared roles with her co-star from Secret following that, she starred in another drama called She Was Pretty together with Park Seo Joon ize Magazine named her as one of the top 10 characters of the year, and tvN ranked her as one of the top 5 moneymakers in the South Korean industry. Just months after her marriage, Jung Eum was cast as the lead character in the series Lucky Romance Eum got her first major film role with the movie My Sister, The Pig Lady of 2015, which was shown in the 2015 edition of the 39th Montreal International Film Festival the film also won the grand prize at the 2016 edition of the Osaka Asian Film Festival.
Jung Eum was appointed as a goodwill ambassador for several programs and events such as the Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival in 2010, the Korea Medical Assistance Foundation in 2011, AD Stars (Busan International Advertising Festival) in 2012, the NGO Good Neighbors in 2013, and the Seoul campaign against social problems in 2014.
Jung Eum revealed in an interview that she wanted to get married when she turned 33 or 34. She had been dating Kim Yong Jun (a member of SG Wannabe) for nine years. They met in 2005 when the actress starred in the music video “My Heart’s Treasure Box “The couple went public with their relationship in January 2008. Yonhap News Agency announced the couple’s breakup on May 15, 2015, after the actress wrapped filming of Kill Me, Heal Me jung Eum confirmed the news in an interview for Entertainment Relay..
On December 8, 2015, the actress’s agency C-JES Entertainment confirmed that she had started an affair with Lee Young Don, a businessman and professional golfer for four months.On January 7, 2016, Jung Eum announced her wedding plans with Lee Young Don.On February 26 of the same year, the couple married at the Shilla Hotel in Seoul.On August 15, 2017, the actress gave birth to her first child.On September 03, 2020, it was disclosed that the actress filed for divorce.On July 10, 2021, her agency confirmed that the actress and her husband managed to resolve their personal differences and decided not to divorce.Thus keeping their marriage.
JungEum (Sugar) Advertisement
- 2016: MUZAK
- 2016: CURNOW
- 2015-2016: LAZYBEE
- 2015: BRTC
- 2011 Yuhan Beecom
- 2010 Skechers Korea
- 2010 Neutrogena Skin Clearing Foaming Wash
- 2010 Mzuu
- 2010 Kwang Dong Pharmaceutical Oksusu Tea
- 2010 LG fashion HAZZYS Accessory
- 2010: Duria
- 2010 Neutrogena
- 2010 Egoist
- 2010 Rice Wine Guksundang Saengmakgeolri
- 2009 Seven Monkeys Coffee
- 2009 Kellan
- 2009 Signature
- 2006 File Bugs
- 2005 Domino’s Pizza
JungEum (Sugar) Drama
- Men are Men (KBS2, 2020)
- Mystic Pop-up Bar (jTBC, 2020)
- The Undateables (SBS, 2018)
- Lucky Romance (MBC, 2016)
- She Was Pretty (MBC, 2015)
- Kill Me, Heal Me (MBC, 2015)
- Endless Love (SBS, 2014)
- Potato Star 2013QR3 (tvN, 2013) cameo
- Secret Love (KBS2, 2013)
- Incarnation of Money (SBS, 2013)
- Full House TAKE 2 (TBS/SBS Plus, 2012)
- Golden Time (MBC, 2012)
- High Kick 3: The Revenge of the Short Legged (MBC, 2012) cameo
- Can You Hear My Heart (MBC, 2011)
- Giant (SBS, 2010)
- Two Wives (SBS, 2009) Cameo
- The Fool That I Love (SBS, 2009)
- High Kick Through The Roof (MBC, 2009)
- East of Eden (MBC, 2008)
- Little Mom Scandal (CGV, 2008)
- Last Scandal (MBC, 2008)
- Winter Bird (MBC, 2007)
- The Person I Love (SBS, 2007)
JungEum (Sugar) Films
- My Sister, The Pig Lady (2015)
- Death Bell 2 (2010)
- The Relation of Face, Mind and Love (2009)
- Wish (2009)
JungEum (Sugar) TV Programs
- Running Man (SBS, 2010) Ep. 1
- Ultra Fashion with Hwang Jung Eum (MBC Every 1, 2010)
- It City: Fukuoka Together with Hwang Jung Eum (O’live, 2010)
- We Got Married (MBC, 2009) with Kim Yong Jun
- 2016 Popular Culture and Arts Awards Prime Minister’s Award
- 2016 43rd Korean Broadcasting Grand Prize awards Best Actress (She Was Pretty)
- 2015 MBC Drama Awards: 10 Star Award (Kill Me, Heal Me, She Was Pretty)
- 2015 MBC Drama Awards: Best Actress selected by the directors (Kill Me, Heal Me, She Was Pretty)
- 2015 MBC Drama Awards: Netizens Award (Kill Me, Heal Me, She Was Pretty)
- 2015 MBC Drama Awards: Best Actress in a miniseries (Kill Me, Heal Me, She Was Pretty)
- 2015 8th Korea Drama Awards Top actress excellence (Kill Me, Heal Me)
- 2015 10th Seoul International Drama Awards Best Korean Actress (Kill Me, Heal Me)
- 2014 SBS Drama Awards: Top 10 Stars Award (Endless Love)
- 2014 SBS Drama Awards: Superior Award for Excellence, Actress in a Drama Series (Endless Love)
- 2013 KBS Drama Awards Best Actress (Top Actress Excellence) (Secret Love)
- 2013 KBS Drama Awards Fan Award (Secret Love)
- 2013 KBS Drama Awards Best Couple Award with Ji Sung (Secret Love)
- 2011 MBC Drama Awards Excellence Award for Actress in Mini Series (Can You Hear My Heart)
- 2010 SBS Drama Awards New Star Award (Giant)
- 2010 SBS Drama Awards Best Couple with Joo Sang Wook (Giant)
- 2010 46th Baeksang Arts Awards: Best Newcomer Actress Award (High Kick Through The Roof)
- 2009 MBC Entertainment Awards Female Comedy/Sitcom Breakthrough Award (High Kick Through The Roof)
- 2009 MBC Entertainment Awards: Female Revelation Award in Varieties
JungEum (Sugar) TV Drama’s
- Good Person theme for Can You Hear My Heart (2011)
JungEum (Sugar) Music Videos
- Kim Jong Wook – Sunflower (2009)
- Ock Joo Hyun – Did You Really Hate My Love? (2009)
- Ock Joo Hyun – It’s a Lie (2009)
- SeeYa – Crazy Love Song (2008)
- SeeYa – Shoes (2008)
- Black Pearl – Finally… It’s You (2007)
- Black Pearl – I Can’t Help Liking You (2007)
- SG Wannabe – Craze (2007)
- SG Wannabe – A Dreamy Conversation (2007)
- SG Wannabe – My Heart’s Treasure Box (2006)