Joochan (Golden Child) Facts
- K-Pop Group: Golden Child
- Position: Vocalist and dancer.
- Lila Arts High School (Transferred)
- Hanlim Multi Art School (Graduate).
- Introduction Woollim Pick: “Calm Vocalist Joo Chan.”
- He was the first member of the Woollim Boysto be disclosed in W Projectalong with his agency partner So Yoon (Woollim Girls).
- He can play the guitar.
- He was the lead vocalist of a band and has good vocal stability on stage.
- He has been practicing hapkido since he was 7 years old and has won 15 gold medals since then.
- At Lila Arts High School he belonged to a nail shop where he was the only man.
- He likes to create things, for example, Bomin said he saw him sanding a wooden ring he had made himself and also saw him making a l& out of cans.
- He graduated from Hanlim Multi Arts School on February 9, 2018 along with. Jae Hyun and TAG.
- In a VLIVE he said that during his WOOLLIM audition he danced to “Call me Baby” by EXO but only did so for three seconds.
Joochan (Golden Child) Career
Hong Joo Chan was born in 1999, it is rumored that he entered the Woollim Ent. in 2015 although the exact date is not known, he was one of Woollim’s secret trainees.
On January 9, 2017 Woollim Entertainment revealed through its official Twitter account the first image about “W Project” with the hashtag “Coming Soon.”.
On January 10, Woollim Entertainment reported that it would hold a large-scale project with a large number of trainees to create its new male and female group, which will debut this year 2017.
1° W Project
On January 15, Woollim Entertainment revealed the first ‘W Project Logo Teaser’ featuring Joo Chan (Woollim Boys) and So Yoon (Woollim Girls). The ‘logo’ teaser represents the beginning of Woollim Entertainment in 2003, and ends with ‘W Project’ in 2017.
Woollim Entertainment revealed “The collaboration track of the two team voices, Joo Chan and So Yoon will be revealed on the 19th (Jan.) Starting with the logo teaser, we will release videos and images showcasing both charms.”.
On January 16, the first teaser photo of Joo Chan and So Yoon was revealed, as well as on January 17, a second teaser photo of the two of them and an individual teaser photo of Joo Chan were revealed, on January 18, So Yoon’s individual teaser photo was revealed, on January 18, a preview of the song ‘There’s No One Like You’ being a ballad was revealed and on January 19, the official video was released through Woollim Ent’s official accounts.
“W-Project has kicked off, it is different from the exact method used to debut your rookies, it is a project that will show us the musical skills first, the first project was revealed, Joo Chan and So Yoon are rookies who will be debuting in the future as lead vocalists of their respective groups… “There’s No One Like You” is an emotional song with a soft sound and acoustic guitar that shows the pure harmony of Joo Chan, innocent and soft voice with So Yoon’s jewel voice.” melon’s Articule.
On January 20, a Color-Live with Joo Chan and So Yoon of “There’s No One Like You” was revealed through 1theK and another one through Dingo Music.
“The song showcases the talents of both rookie-trainees drawing attention from the start for their steady voices and emotions, the song “There’s No One Like You” is a beautiful, acoustic ballad that shows Joo Chan and So Yoon’s singing skills almost close to perfection, even as they are the first to perform “W Project”, Joo Chan’s pure synergy and smooth tone and So Yoon’s jewel voice in vocals are very impressive. The two people the music video features remarkable visuals as well as their singing skills.”.
Joochan (Golden Child) TV Programs
- Weekly Idol (MBCevery1, 2021) (10.11.2021) (Ep. 536, next to Jang Jun, Moon Bin and San Ha from ASTRO, Yo Han and Dong Han from WEi)
- Weekly Idol (MBC Every1, 2018). Ep. 363
- King of Mask Singer (MBC, 5/13/2018) Ep. 153
- Weekly Idol – Golden Child and Weki Meki (MBC, 2017) Ep. 320
- Dream Stargram (jTBC, 2017). Ep. 13
- WoollimPICK (Mnet, 2017).