- National High School of Traditional Arts
- Dongguk University
- Hobbies: Music, Internet, reading books
- Specialties: Singing
- Religion: Catholic
- JOO spent her childhood in Indonesia because her father used to work in Indonesia and she was one of the contestants of Superstar Survival together with Hwang Chan Sung, Taecyeon and Lee Jun Ho from 2PM despite not winning, she was accepted as an apprentice in 2006 JYP.
- JOO was almost going to debut with Wonder Girls, during the interview she said, “During that time, Wonder Girls had problems with the members. But I had to be fired because I’m not good at dancing. She also added, “If I was one of the Wonder Girls, I might not be very lonely, but I think it wouldn’t have been good either. Besides, I’m already familiar with being alone on stage.
- Her desire to be a singer arose in the fourth grade when she saw a performance by BoA.
- She made her stage debut on January 11, 2008 with her single Young Girl on KBS Music Bank. In 2008, even though Joo had made her debut, she thought she was not ready yet so she trained for another 2 years before making her comeback in 2011.
- On October 31, 2012, JYP announced that Joo was selected to take on the role of Brenda in the new musical Catch Me If You Can scheduled to have its first performance on December 14, 2012 to February 9, 2013.
- On March 5, 2014, it was announced that Joo was selected to join Beast’s Yoseob in the musical remake of Full House , which ran from April 11, 2014 to June 8, 2014.She joined the cast of Full House , which included VIXX’s Leo , A Pink’s Jung Eun-ji , Kim San-ho, Seo Ha-joon and Kwak Sun-young.Through an interview, she shared her thoughts and experiences about life as a musical actress, which is quite a different career from her past.She said, “I have been enjoying acting for the musical Full House. I have been watching other musicals and taking lessons on my days off. “She also revealed her hopes of wanting people who come to Full House to see her as Han Ji-eun, not as singer Joo or actress Jung Min-joo.
- In the promotions of Bad Guy received negative comments where she developed stage fright where she said: “I had a little during the debut, but it was worse during my promotions for ‘Bad Guy three years after my debut, in ‘Quiz to Change the World ‘ of MBC i was crying and I couldn’t sing properly and I felt guilty. After that, I was afraid to get in front of a camera and I thought that being a singer was not for me. But singing with other actors helped her overcome her stage fright.
- On January 20, 2015 JYP Entertainment through a representative announced that she had left the agency.
- On April 07, 2015, it was announced that JOO’s new agency would be Woollim Entertainment.
- When asked why she had been on a program (The Unit) idol reboot, JOO revealed that she had originally dreamed and trained to be an idol, but ended up debuting as a ballad singer. JOO explained, “I considered a lot about whether I should try to be on ‘The Unit’ because the public might feel disconnected since I’m known as a ‘ballad singer,’ but I wondered if I would ever get an opportunity like this again.”
- On March 26, Woollim announces that the singer is getting married this May 4, 2019. She will marry her non-celebrity boyfriend of the same age whom she met 1 year ago.
- BTOB (Jung Il Hoon & Lee Min Hyuk& Peniel Shin) – You’re My Angel (2014)
- Leeteukfrom Super Junior – Ice Cream (2011)
- JYP Nation – This Christmas (01-December-2010)
- San E – You Want It (13-September-2010)
- Snicker -Shooting Star (15-June-2010)
- TAW & Freestyle (mino) – Urideurui Haengbokhan Sigan (Narr. Ahn Hea Kyung) (Aug 05, 2008)
- Dream High (KBS2, 2011)
- 2014: Full House
- 2012-2013: Catch Me If You Can
- 2011: Youthful March
- The Night Before the Wedding (2013)
- A Little Pond (2009)
JOO TV Programs
- The Unit (KBS, 2017)
- Eodi Road (OBS, 2017)
- Super Star Survival (SBS, 2006)
JOO TV Drama’s
- Not What I Expected theme for Salaryman (2012)
- Dream High theme for Dream Hightogether with Taecyeon Wooyoung, Suzy, Kim Soo Hyun (2011)
- Turn Around theme for Cinderella’s Sister (2010)
- Colour theme for The Painter of Wind (2008)
- Geugae Sarangiya theme for One Mom and Three Dads (2008)
- Cho Yun theme for Seoul’s Sad Song (2007)
JOO Music Videos
- 2AM – Confessions of a Friend (2009)