Jennie (BLACKPINK) Facts
- Group: BLACKPINK
- Position: Rapper, Vocalist and Dancer.
- Voice type: MezzoSoprano
- Training period: 5 years and 11 months.
- Cheongdam Middle School
- Waikowhai Middle School
- Cheongdam High School
- ACG Parnell College
- Languages: Korean (native language), English (fluent), Japanese (intermediate) and Spanish (basic).
- Mascots Two dogs named Kai and Kuma.
- Hobbies: Assemble lego figures.
- Skills: Horseback riding.
- Favorite color: Red and Black.
- Nicknames: Jen, JenJen, Jendeukie, Human Chanel, Aegyo baby, Ruby Jane, NiNi, YG princess.
- Favorite Artist: Rihanna.
- She moved to New Zealand when she was a very young girl and entered the “ Waikowhai Elementary School“ she appeared in a documentary film about the life of Korean nationals in Korea and attended ACG Parnell College in New Zealand.
- She took riding lessons in her childhood.
- During her training period, YG released two vocal practice videos, where Jennie gained attention and gained a fan base before officially debuting.
- Collaborated with G-Dragon during the live promotions of her album Coup D’état while I was a trainee, during the promotions of “That XX” in addition to participating in several live performances of the song BLACK with G-Dragon who named her in her acknowledgements upon winning with BLACK, as she collaborated with her on that song.
- During the promotions of “That XX” suffered a major scandal due to serious rumors that she had bullied a female classmate while studying in New Zealand. While YG never confirmed or denied the fact, the scandal was mysteriously removed from mainstream news portals and the case was eventually forgotten.
- During the pre-recording of her debut, she slipped on stage and sprained her ankle, causing her to temporarily leave the recording to go to the hospital.
- She was the first member of BLACKPINK to be revealed.
- On October 13, a media outlet reported that she and YG producer, Teddy Park to this YG denied it, stating: “We had never heard these rumors that Teddy and Jennie are dating ”
- As the rumor continued to generate controversy, YG again denied the fact and stated: “We will respond with strong legal action against rumors “The company’s intention is to take the false speculations to legal consequences.
- Following YG Entertainment’s strong denial and warning of legal action, the original rumor report published by Media Pen was removed.
- The French brand Chanel chose her as its muse. This was revealed in the December issue of Harper’s Bazaar magazine where Jennie appeared on the cover.
- Her lipstick for BLACKPINK’s collaboration with Dior Japan was the first to sell out.
- On January 16, 2018, in commemoration of her 22nd birthday, a billboard was projected in Times Square.
- She was invited by the French brand Chanel to attend the launch event of the new Perfume collection, ‘Les Eaux De Chanel’ in Deauville (France).
- She appeared in the July issue of Cosmopolitan Korea magazine, where she was named as an ambassador of Chanel Korea.
- On the TC Candler list of “The 100 Most Beautiful Faces in the World,” she ranked #22 in 2016, #18 in 2017 and #13 in 2018.
- On January 1, 2019, it became known by the news outlet Dispatch that Jennie was in a relationship with Kai from EXO this was later confirmed by the singer’s agency
- In May 2019, it was awarded the rights, along with Teddy she is the author of the lyrics of her debut song “Solo”, as well as the choreography together with Kiel Tutin
- Fans are demanding that she also be given the rights to “Stay”, as she herself revealed to have been part of the song’s composition.
- In 2019 on TC Candler’s official website she appeared in “The Most Beautiful Faces of Asia 2019” ranking #19.
About the artist
During her childhood she lived in Auckland, New Zealand and studied at ACG Parnell College.
Jennie was confirmed as the first member of BLACKPINK she was previously known for collaborating with artists from the same agency before her debut.
2018: solo debut with “SOLO.”
On Oct. 17, it was reported that Jennie would be preparing to make her solo debut through a project by YG Entertainment which would consist of the debut of the four members of BLACKPINK hours later, it is confirmed that the debut was initially planned for the end of the year, but because Jennie wanted to showcase her work on the ‘BLACKPINK 2018 Tour In Your Area’, they decided to move up the date.
On October 25, 2018, it was revealed that the debut date would be November 12 with “Solo” through a teaser image with red shades and Jennie’s natural face.On November 9, the MV teaser of “Solo” was revealed.In the video, several scenes can be seen showing Jennie’s loneliness and sadness but also the power and independence of a woman.On November 10, she revealed the song and music video on the first day of ‘BLACKPINK 2018 Tour In Your Area’ as a gift for fans.From that same day, teasers started to be revealed as a countdown to the official release of her debut single.In the teaser images shown, some were highlighted where Jennie was wearing wings reminiscent of an angel.On November 10, she revealed the song and music video on the first day of ‘BLACKPINK 2018 Tour In Your Area’ as a gift for fans.From the same day, teasers started to be revealed as a countdown to the official release of her debut single.In the teaser images shown, some were highlighted where Jennie was wearing wings reminiscent of an angel.
On November 12, a ‘Countdown Live’ was held on V LIVE app titled “All About Jennie” where she reveals, among other things, the behind-the-scenes of the music video. Finally, at 6PM (KST), the MV and debut single “Solo” was officially revealed on all digital platforms. The music video reflects the story of a girl who, for fear of being alone, changes her personality while in a couple but ends up hurt and frustrated, so the key point of the story is that you have to find yourself first.
After just one hour, the song had already topped the Korean charts, earning her her first All Kill on her solo debut, and was also the third most played song in the first hour of Melon’s release, second only to IU hours later, she made her debut as the first Korean female soloist (along with PSY ) to be number 1 on the Worldwide iTunes Song Chart.
On November 25, she made her stage debut at Inkigayo that same day she won her first solo trophy with an extraordinary score of 10.002.
Jennie (BLACKPINK) Advertisement
- Dashing Diva (2021)
- Vita500 (2021)
- Chum Churum (2021)
- Calvin Klein (2020)
- Air Baked Chips (2020)
- HERA beauty (2019-2021)
- Chanel (Les Eaux) (2018-2021)
- ADIDAS (2018-2021)
- Elle ft. Louis Voitton (2018)
- TREVI Stylish Sparkling Water (2017)
- LG G6 (2017)
- Moonshot (2016) Next to Lisa
- St. Scott LONDON (2016)
- Classic (2016)
Jennie (BLACKPINK) Collaborations
Jennie (BLACKPINK) Music
- BLACKPINK – Lovesick Girls (2020)
- BLACKPINK – Stay (2016)
- BLACKPINK – Stay (Japanese Ver.) (2016)
- BLACKPINK – Whistle (Japanese Ver.) (2016)
Jennie (BLACKPINK) Drama
- YG Future Strategy Office (Netflix, 2018). Cameo
Jennie (BLACKPINK) Films
- BLACKPINK: Light Up The Sky (Netflix 2020) Documentary
- BLACKPINK: THE MOVIE (2021) Documentary-Film
Jennie (BLACKPINK) Awards
Jennie (BLACKPINK) TV Programs
- (JTBC) Knowing Brother (17.10.2020, with BLACKPINK )
- (SBS) Village Survival, the Eight (2018, cast member)
- (JTBC2) YG Treasure Box (2018)
- (SBS) Really (2018, cast member)
- (SBS) Running Man (12.08.2018)
- (SBS) Running Man (15.07.2018, together with Jisoo )
- (JTBC) Idol Room (23.06.2018, with BLACKPINK )
- (JTBC) MIXNINE (2017, acting judge)
- (SBS) Party People (13.08.2017)
- (JTBC) Knowing Bros (05.08.2017)
- (SBS) Style Follow (20.07.2017)
- (MBC) Weekly Idol (05.07.2017)
- (MBC) Waiting Room Of Terror (28.06.2017)
- (MBC) My Little Television (20.05.2017)
- (SBS) K-Pop Star 6 (12.02.2017)
- (SBS) Running Man (18.12.2016)
- (MBCEvery 1) Weekly Idol (16.11.2016).
- (Mnet) M Countdown (10.11.2016, special MC together with Jisoo )
Jennie (BLACKPINK) Music Videos
- Grimes – Shinigami Eyes (2022)
- G-Dragon – That XX (2012)