Jang Hyunseung (B2ST / BEAST) Facts
- Ex-K-Pop Group:
- Number of fanclub Honeys
- Debut 2009
- Solo debut: May 8, 2015
- Hobbies Surfing the Web / Bowling.
- Specialty Beat Box.
- Education Anshan Information Industry High School.
- His first TV appearance was on the YG Entertainment program BIGBANG mTV documentary. He was eliminated in the ninth episode of the show and was known as “SO-1”.
- Because of the training he had in his training, the company was concerned about his health and instructed members to help him gain more weight.
- Although he is the member who eats the most in the group, he is the member who has the hardest time gaining weight.
- He has his own way of taking care of his voice. he drinks pear juice every 2 days to take care of his voice and throat.
- He was startled when he first saw Jun Hyung.
- He is often called “Prince Jang” because he is a perfectionist.
- He wants to act as a bad guy in a drama.
- During the program he shared clothes with T.O.P, G-Dragon, Tae Yang and Dae Sung.
- He cried 2 times during the documentary of BIGBANG one alone and the second when he was eliminated.
- He was the favorite mascot of G-Dragon and T.O.P when he was eliminated from BIGBANG both were the ones who cried the most.
- January 10, 2011 on an episode of SBS Everynight, T.O.P revealed an alarming situation during the training days of BIGBANG hyunseung and Seung Ri hyunseung was said to have had a conflict that led to a fight. Hyunseung was said to have hit Seungri.
- Once, when he was young he wanted to board the bus, and was blocked by a large number of fans, he said, “excuse me” the fans immediately opened the way to let him pass.
- He is a former Ulzzang (pretty face).
- On November 29, 2011 at the Mnet MAMAs, he kissed with HyunA although it has been confirmed that the kiss was actually on the cheek.
- He still maintains his friendship with the members of BIGBANG.
- He participated in the musical “Mozart” which started on July 10, 2012, this was his first foray into acting. The show ran until July 28 at the Sejong Cultural Center.
- His father passed away on September 20, 2012 due to cardiac arrest.
- He was captured at the “MAMA Awards” in 2012 with HyunA where they are even seen holding hands.
- At the 2013 “MAMA Awards,” Hyunseung and HyunA surprised the audience with a kiss after finishing their recent song “Now”.
- Hyunseung together with Junhyung are the fashionistas of B2ST for his great interest and love for fashion.
- On November 1, 2014, it was reported that Hyun Seung lost his passport and could not return to Korea with his colleagues, he had to stay in Mexico (where MusicBank was held on October 30). A few hours later, he reported that he was already in L.A. on a flight to Korea.
- He has the date of birth of his parents tattooed on his arms.
- On April 19, 2016, the statement was released that it was leaving BEAST to pursue solo activities.
- Entered the program Hit The Stage in the third episode, pairing up with Stephanie Lee for the “This Love” concept.
- On March 31, 2017 Cube Entertainment announced that Jang Hyunseung will collaborate on a new song by singer Oh Ye Ri, and it will be released on April 1.
- On June 19, 2017 reports revealed that Jang Hyunseung is currently working on a solo album and plans a July release. The singer is working with popular producer team Black Eyed Pilseung once again. This solo comeback is the first after leaving BEAST and comes approximately two years after his last release.
- It has been reported that Jang Hyunseung, is in a relationship with gymnast-turned-professional bowler Shin Soo Ji. On January 5, 2018, industry sources reported that the two became close through their interest in bowling and began dating last fall. According to those sources, the two were spotted at a bowling alley showing affection for each other. Finally on the same January 5, Cube Entertainment confirmed that they are indeed in a relationship.
- Jang Hyunseung and Shin Soo Ji have ended their relationship after 7 months. On April 24, 2018, an industry representative said. “Jang Hyunseung and Shin Soo Ji have chosen to break off their relationship. Jang Hyunseung has decided to focus more on his music, while Shin Soo Ji will focus on his bowling practice.” in response, both agencies confirmed that they had recently broken up.
- He enlisted in the military on July 24, 2018, on active duty. He concluded his military service on March 13, 2020.
- On August 3, 2021, Cube Entertainment issued a statement to announce that Jang Hyun Seung is leaving the company after 11 years as his exclusive contract ended.
Jang HyunSeung (born September 3, 1989), more commonly known as HyunSeung, is a dancer and idol singer. HyunSeung was raised in Seoul, South Korea. He was a member of the popular Korean boy band “HyunSeung” and a member of the popular Korean boy band “HyunSeung “BEAST “under the Cube Entertainment label.
In 2004, at the age of 14, HyunSeung participated in YG Entertainment’s auditions; he was eliminated in the third round. However, he was later accepted as an apprentice thanks to CEO Yang Hyun Suk.
After one year and four months of training, Hyunseung was appointed as a member of YG’s newest boy band, Big Bang during this time, he used the stage name “SO-1”, a homonym for the Korean word “Desire”. At first he gained media attention when he appeared in “The New York Times”. BIGBANG mTV documentary”, a pre-debut documentary of the group, together with members of the group. G-Dragon, T.O.P, Tae Yang, Dae Sung and Seung Ri he appeared in 10 of the 11 episodes, but was removed from the group in a final elimination round with Seungri Yang Hyun Suk considered HyunSeung’s expressiveness and stage presence to be underdeveloped at the time. Then Jang HyunSeung, who had to be painfully removed from the stage, was taken off the stage. BIGBANG said in the documentary: “I practiced with them hyungs and friends and it’s been a shame to leave the group like that, and now I’ve found the possibility of gold again. I won’t forget how it feels and I’ll work better this time.”.
Your partner DooJoon decided to become a singer after seeing ” Big Bang hyunseung refers to his experience at YG as very important to his development as an artist. Later, Hyunseung met with a future band member and partner, YoSeob yoseob convinced Hyunseung to join Cube Entertainment, leading to their debut with BEAST.
HyunSeung is also part of Cube Entertainment’s sub-unit, ” Trouble Maker “together with HyunA in December 2011, the duo released their first mini-album with the single ” Trouble Maker “which won the triple crown at Mnet M! Countdown.
He has a sister named Geurim. His father passed away in the early morning of September 20, 2012, due to a heart attack. Previously on February 21, 2012, Mr. Jang appeared with his son on an episode of KBS 2TV’s “Win Win” program, where the parents of the other members of BEAST .
HyunSeung currently attends Dongshin University on a full scholarship, along with four other members of BEAST he specializes in Applied Music.
HyunSeung made his acting debut in the musical “Mozart!” He performed as the lead role in late July 2012 until early August 2012 at Sejong Center.
Hyunseung is the third Beast member to debut as a solo artist (after Yoseob and Junhyung). His album is titled “My” and was released on May 8, as was the music video for his title track “Ma First,” a song featuring a collaboration with Giriboy. His first performance was on May 7 at M! Countdown.
Jang Hyunseung (B2ST / BEAST) Collaborations
Jang Hyunseung (B2ST / BEAST) Musicals
- Mozart! (Encore) (2012)
- Bonnie and Clyde (2014)
Jang Hyunseung (B2ST / BEAST) Films
- Welcome Back to Beast Airline (2012)
Jang Hyunseung (B2ST / BEAST) Radio Programs
- Super Junior’s Kiss The Radio ‘Sukira’ (KBS Cool FM, 2015.05.08)
Jang Hyunseung (B2ST / BEAST) TV Programs
- Big Bang Documentary (MTV, 2006)
- MTV B2ST (MTV, 2009)
- MTV Beast Almighty (MTV, 2010)
- Idol Maid (MBC, 2010)
- Shin PD Variety Show (SBS, 2010)
- Every1 (MBC, 2010)
- Exciting Cube TV (Mnet Japan, 2011)
- Win Win with BEAST (KBS2, 2012)
- Invincible Youth 2 (KBS2, 2012)
- Show Time 2 (MBC, 2014)
- Hit The Stage (Mnet, 2016)