Hyolyn (SISTAR) Facts
- Ex-K-Pop Group: SISTAR
- Position: Leader, Vocalist, Rapper and Dancer.
- Ex-Sub Unit SISTAR19
- Voice type soprano
- Range : C3 ~ G#6 (3 octaves and 4 notes)
- Registration : F#3/G3 ~ Eb5/E5
- Project group: Dazzling Red (2012)
- Religion : Christian
- Languages Korean (Native Language) and English (Fluent).
- Fandom Bae
- Mascots: 3 cats (Leno, Lego and Simba)
- She was born with congenital biliary atresia which usually shows up in newborns, slowly melting the extrapolar bile duct and causing death before the baby reaches 2 if not treated properly.Because of this she had surgery while she was a baby, leaving her with a long scar on her stomach which she covered with a tattoo. “The scar on my belly was my biggest complex.Whenever I wanted to wear nice clothes I couldn’t (because of the scar) so instead of showing the scar, I looked for a way to cover it,” Hyorin explained.He also explained the meaning behind the tattoo, “It means religion and it means singing for someone.”
- She was a black belt in Taekwondo during high school.
- She auditioned for JYP twice. She was accepted on the second try. She was scheduled to debut in a group of five along with Song Ji Eun, Min and U-JIhyolyn left JYP and joined Starship Entertainment.
- She sang alongside Stevie Wonder at the 2013 MAMA Awards.
- She is the second Korean to sing for the theme song of the Disney production, Frozen.
- She was invited to carry the torch at the 17th Incheon Asian Games.
- She was invited to the Special Chuseok episode of “I Am A Singer”, being the first idol to go to such a program, where great and legendary singers attend.
- She placed 3rd in the Unpretty Rapstar 2 competition program.
- Together with her duet partner, they gave their personal touch to BTS’s song “Butterfly” on the most recent episode of “Duet Song Festival”! On the January 13 episode of the popular duet show, Hyorin teamed up with her partner Jo Yong Woo for the second round of the competition. After performing Jung Jae Wook’s “Goodbye” on the last episode, for this third round they chose to perform the slow and emotional song “Butterfly” from BTS’s album “The Most Beautiful Moment In Life Part 2”.
- She is the first K-pop artist to sign with global EDM label “Spinnin Records “SISTAR’s HyoLyn will be entering the global market with Spinnin ‘Records!On February 27, Starship Entertainment officially announced that HyoLyn recently signed with the global EDM record label.It was also revealed that she is the first K-Pop artist to do so and that she plans to collaborate Korean EDM artist Justin Oh in March.Spinnin ‘Records has worked with many famous EDM artists including Martin Garrix, Hardwell and Tiesto.Meanwhile, HyoLyn is scheduled to have her first solo tour in North America in March.
- Transparent Agency (HyoLyn’s US showcase organizing agency) decided to put on sale an additional set of VIP Meet & Greet tickets for HyoLyn’s showcase in New York and Los Angeles due to high demand.
- Co-wrote the lyrics for the Korean version of Justin Oh’s “Jekyll & Hyde”.
- She and Changmo’s “BLUE MOON” produced by GroovyRoom, took the #1 spot on the Genie Music, Olleh Music, Soribada, and Bugs real-time charts.
- In 2017, Hyorin and the other members of SISTAR’s contract with Starship expired so they decided a separation from the group; although Hyorin’s decision was not known, On September 09, three months later, the singer posted a handwritten letter on Instagram where she announced that she will remain without an agency for the time being: “Hello everyone and Star1. It seems like it’s been a long time. Sorry to break the news so late when everyone has been worried. I have decided to write for the first time to tell my History. I have considered this for a long time. How should I start, what kind of music I will show you in the future. After thinking and thinking, although I still have many faults, I have decided to go my way. For seven years, as a singer, as Hyorin of SISTAR, I could be the center of attention because of being a part of the Starship Entertainment family and SISTAR members. I want to show them a gratitude that cannot be contained in words and I will work to give back t
- On November 12, 2017 through Instagram, Hyolyn expressed “After thinking a lot, I founded an agency, so I can make various music”, the agency is called bríd3 (It reads Bridge, ie, bridge in English, as she wants to make a bridge with music to communicate with people). It is a solo agency so far
In March 2011, Hyolyn was invited to Strong Heartduring her mother’s pregnancy, water had filled Hyolyn’s stomach, which led to her being born prematurely. Bile could not be passed through her intestines, which eventually damaged her liver, causing biliary atresia. Although the surgery required had little chance of sustaining life, Hyolyn was able to survive the 10-hour surgery. A year later, however, she was diagnosed with intussusception (a medical condition where parts of the intestine fold into another section of the intestine and received surgery for enterectomy). From major, she was rushed to the hospital after fainting during the filming of a performance of M! Countdown.
Hyolyn Diagnosed With COVID-19.
On January 26, her agency Bridge Entertainment released the following statement.
Hello, this is Bridge Entertainment.
While waiting for the recording of KBS 2TV’s “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook” on January 25, Hyolyn was notified that she came in close contact with a COVID-19 confirmed patient on her current show “Double Trouble.” She immediately suspended her schedule and underwent PCR testing.
On January 26, Hyolyn tested positive for COVID-19, and all the staff members who were with her tested negative. Accordingly, she canceled all her scheduled activities and is taking necessary measures in accordance with the guidelines of the quarantine authorities.
Hyolyn completed her second round of the COVID-19 vaccination, but she still tested positive. Prior to the recording of “Double Trouble” last Sunday, she used a self-diagnosis kit and received negative results, so she participated in the recording. She also tested negative before “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook” when she used a self-diagnoses kit in her vehicle, but while waiting for the recording, she was contacted [that she came in close contact with a COVID-19 patient] and immediately halted her schedule.
The company will thoroughly comply with the guidelines of the quarantine authorities and do its best for the health and safety of its artist. In addition, we would like to apologize for causing concern to fans and audience members. [Hyolyn] will recover as soon as possible and greet you in a healthy state.
Hyolyn auditioned for JYP twice. She was accepted on the second try after placing first in the auditions. She was scheduled to make her debut in a group of five with Song Ji Eun, Min and U-JIhyolyn left JYP and joined Starship Entertainment and auditioned for Christina Aguilera’s song Hurt.
In June 2010, Hyolyn made her debut as a member of Sistar on KBS Music Bank with her debut single, Push Push.
In early 2011, Hyolyn and Bora formed a subgroup Sistar19 with the single “Ma Boy”.Hyolyn got the opportunity to participate in the newly formed variety show “Immortal Song 2” in June.She won the first episode and received immediate attention and love from the public for her voice.Her newfound popularity helped spread Sistar’s name to the public.Due to her great vocal ability, stage presence and other variety programs and show, she has been labeled as the Korean Beyoncé by some singers within the country.She participated in the show from June until September.
Hyolyn began her solo debut in November 2013, with two lead songs “Lonely” and One Way Love which topped all the music charts in Korea. The songs on her album Love and Hate reached the top 10 on the Bugs and Soribada music charts. “One Way Lovethe album features tracks from notable producers, including Brave Brothers and Kim Do Hoon, and collaborations with Korean rappers such as Mad Clown, Zico from Block B, Dok2 and Lil ‘Boy from Geeks..
On December 31, 2013 Hyolyn’s music video for the Korean version of ” Let It Go” for Disney’s animated film Frozen was unveiled. Hyolyn said, “I am happy to be taking part in the filming of a Disney film as a representative of Korea. I feel honored that I will be the second singer from Korea to participate in Disney’s production, after Lena Park who sang Reflection from Mulan”.
On October 5, 2016, Starship confirms Hyolyn will make her solo comeback in October with a new mini-album.
Hyolyn (SISTAR) Collaborations
- MC Mong – 거북이 (Feat. Hyolyn) (Remix Ver.) (2021)
- GOT7 – One and Only You (feat. Hyolyn) (2018).
- Justin Oh – Jekyll & Hyde (feat. Hyolyn (2017)
- Far East Movement – Umbrella (feat. Hyolyn & Gill Chang) (2016).
- Sangjuna (Jeong Jun Ha & Yoon Sang) – My Life (feat. Hyolyn) (Infinity Challenge “Yeongdong Expressway Music Festival”) (2015).
- San E & Hyolyn – Coach Me (feat. Joo Heon (MONSTA X)) (NO.MERCY) (2015)
- MC Mong – Faulty Fan (feat Gary & Hyolyn) (2014)
- Mad Clown – Without You (feat. Hyolyn) (2014)
- Dynamic Duo – Hot Wings (feat. Hyolyn) (2013)
- ElectroBoyz – Ma Boy 2 (feat. Hyolyn) (2011)
- K.Will – Amazed (feat Simon D& Hyolyn) (2011)
- Jang Geun Suk & Hyolyn – Magic Drag (Yepp CF Song) (2010)
- HYOLYN 2019 1st World Tour TRUE
- February 23 – London, United Kingdom – Electric Ballroom
- May 29 – Berlin, Germany – Kesselhaus
- May 31 – Amsterdam, Netherlands – Melkweg Oz
- June 02 – Paris, France – Alhambra
- June 05 – Madrid, Spain – Joy Eslava (CANCELLED)
- June 22 – Taipei, Taiwan – ATT Showbox
- June 30 – Tokyo, Japan – Shinjuku Reny
- July 06 – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – Dewan Wawasan Menara PGRM
- Live In Los Angeles (2017.03.19)
- Live In New York (2017.03.18)
- Starship X Label Busan Concert (2014.08.16)
- Starship X Label Seoul Concert (2014.12.05)
Hyolyn (SISTAR) Drama
- Dream High 2 (KBS2, 2012)
Hyolyn (SISTAR) Awards
Hyolyn (SISTAR) TV Programs
- Queendom 2 (Mnet, 2022)
- 2018: Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook (Ep. 403)
- 2018: Happy Together (TV Show)
- 2017: & Running Man (SBS, 2017) Ep.348-349
- 2016: Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook
- 2016: Running Man (SBS. Ep. 307) and Special Appearance Ep. 316
- 2016: Duet Song Festival
- 2016: King of Mask Singer
- 2015: Unpretty Rapstar 2
- 2015 NO.MERCY
- 2015 I Am Singer 3
- 2015 Yaman TV (with MONSTA X)
- 2015 MV Bank Stardust Season 2 Episode 3- (BTOB, AOA, HIGH4, SISTAR)
- 2015 Star Golden Bell
- 2014 Guerilla Date with SISTAR (Entertainment Weekly)
- 2014 1000 Song Challenge
- 2014 Immortal Song 2
- 2013 Running Man
- 2013 Immortal Songs 2
- 2013: MNET School Of Rock
- 2013 Shinhwa Broadcast
- 2013 Hello Counselor
- 2013 Qualifications of Men
- 2013 Happy Together (TV Show) Ep. 326
- 2012 Idol Brain
- 2012 Running Man
- 2012 Live Talk Show Taxi
- 2012: KBS Musik Bank (together with actor Lee Jang Woo and HyunA)
- 2012 The Beatles Code (Season 2)
- 2012: SNL Korea 2
- 2012 Immortal Songs 2
- 2012 Pit-a-Pat Shake
- 2011 Running Man
- 2011 Lunar New Year King of Idols
- 2011 Immortal Songs 2
- 2011 Strong Heart
- 2010 Oh My School
Hyolyn (SISTAR) TV Drama’s
- Return subject for My Dangerous Wife (2020)
- Stay theme for My Lawyer, Mr. Joe 2 (2019)
- Just Stay theme for Still 17 (2018)
- Dreamy Love theme for Money Flower (2018)
- Spring Watch theme for The Black Knight (2017)
- Always theme for Live Up to Your Name (2017)
- Our Tears theme for Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth (2017)
- I Miss You theme for Uncontrollably Fond (2016)
- Come A Little Closer subject for Warm and Cozy (2015)
- Goodbye subject for My Love From the Star (2014)
- Crazy Of You subject for Master’s Sun (2013)
- I Choose To Love You theme for How To Love Smart 2 (2012)
- Superstar (together with Ailee and Park Ji Yeon) subject for Dream High 2 (2012)
- Who You Are To Me subject for Man of Honor (2011)
- Turnaround (KOR Ver.) theme for The Little Prince (2015)
- Let It Go (KOR Ver.) theme for Frozen (2013)