Hyelim (Wonder Girls) Facts
- Ex-K-Pop Group: Wonder Girls
- Position : Vocalist / Rapper / Dancer / Guitarist / Maknae.
- Voice type: Contralto
- Elementary/Secondary: Lila art high school
- University: Hankuk University of Foreign Studies Seoul Campus (English interpretation and translation department) (Graduate)
- Discovery: UCC system (JYP).
- Debut: 2010
- Fan Club: Limits/Limapple
- Languages: Korean (Native), English (Fluent), Chinese (Fluent), Cantonese (Fluent) and Japanese (Fluent).
- Hobbies: Dancing, singing, reading, especially on topics such as self-improvement, surfing the Internet and traveling.
- Skills: Performance / dance / Taekwondo.
- Specialty: Choreography, Poppin, Street, Rap.
- Favorite food: Chinese food and Korean food.
- Favorite artists: J.Y. Park Beyonce, BoA Son Ye Jin.
- Practice time: 2 years and months.
- Religion: Christian
- Instrument: Guitar
- Mascot a dog named Bingo.
- She knows taekwondo as her father is a martial arts master and taught her from a young age.
- When she was accepted as an intern at JYP Entertainment, she had to move to Korea alone (as her family lived in Hong Kong).
- Next to Meng Jia and Fei Wang sarah (Shin Hye Ji) and Xiao Fei (Hwang Yi Fei / Pei) were part of a group named JYP Sister they were known as the “Chinese variety shows Wonder Girls after the departure of two members, Hye Rim remained, Meng Jia and Fei Wang however, she would be chosen to replace Lee Sun Mi at Wonder Girls and the other two members would later form Miss A.
- She began her solo activities while on a small radio station called Wonder K-pop, on the SBS network.
- She is the main host (DJ) of the United Nations program (in English) of the Korean television Arirang TV in the Pops in Seoul section.
- Hye Rim and taekwondo athlete Shin Min Chul started dating in 2013.
- On February 9, 2018, Hye Rim received an honorable recognition from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- On January 28, 2020, it was announced that Hye Rim is leaving JYP Entertainment after her exclusive contract expired on January 25.
- On March 14, 2020, Hyerim’s new agency, rrr Entertainment (recently established by her former Wonder Girls bandmate Yubin), announced that she would be appearing on “Don’t Be Jealous” with her non-famous boyfriend of seven years. The news marks the first time Hyerim has gone public with a relationship since her debut in 2010.
- On May 1, 2020, The Fact reported that Hye Rim and her boyfriend will get married in July. A source from Hyerim rrr Entertainment’s agency spoke to The Fact and stated, “It is true that the two are planning to get married in July. They are still discussing the details of their wedding.” This will make Hyerim the second Wonder Girls member to get married after Sunye, who got married in 2013 and is currently a mother of three.
- She got married on July 1, 2020 to her taekwondo athlete boyfriend, Shin Min Chul
- On October 8, 2021, Hye Rim posted a short clip showing her belly and wrote, “Surprise! My husband and I are so happy to announce that we are having a baby. This feels surreal. We are so happy to share this wonderful news with you.”
Hye Rim is the daughter of Korean parents and is the eldest of 2 children, herself and a male brother. Due to her father’s work she lived between Korea and Hong Kong, the latter being where she spent most of her time, hence her Cantonese and fluent English. Since she was a child she attended dancing, singing and even martial arts schools.
Entrance to JYP Entertainment
In January 2007 she auditioned for JYP Entertainment after several months of training, she was sent to Korea to prepare for her debut.
Beginnings as “Wonder Girl” and “JYP Sisters”.
For 2008 J.Y. Park was planning to add a new member to Wonder Girls hye Rim was the candidate, so she trained and lived for some time with the members of Wonder Girls but after the popularity and the moment the group was living, J.Y. Park decided to keep the group as a quintet and send Hye Rim back to Hong Kong to start a new group dedicated to the Chinese market. Although this was only a rumor at first, where the “new member” was unknown and the company denied it, it was later confirmed as there were even videos from that year where the 6 of them could be seen together.
Back in China, the company started to create “JYP Sister”, a group that would be the Chinese version of Wonder Girls being Fei Wang, Meng Jia sarah (Shin Hye Ji), Xiao Jie (Hwang Yi Fei) and Hye Rim were the members. After months of training the girls participated in different programs in that country, mainly doing covers of Wonder Girls.
In 2010 when Wonder Girls was with promotions in the United States, Lee Sun Mi decided to suspend her activities with the group and return to Korea to continue her studies J.Y. Park then dedicated that Hye Rim would be the one who would replace Lee Sun Mi because this one, in addition to the talent, already knew the other members.
On January 23, 2010, after a press conference, the news of the departure of the company was officially announced. Lee Sun Mi a few hours later, the new member, Woo Hye Rim, a 3-year-old apprentice who could speak 4 languages fluently: English, Korean, Mandarin and Cantonese, as well as being good at dancing and singing, was unveiled.
Hye Rim’s first appearances with the group would be in the presentations of Wonder Girls on May 10, 2010, the group released the MV of “2 Different Tears” and a day later the single was released physically and digitally, being Hye Rim’s first official work as a member of the group. Wonder Girls her official debut was on May 21, 2010, on the program of KBS Music Bank.
Hyelim (Wonder Girls) Collaborations
- HA:TFELT – Iron Girl (feat. Hye Rim) (2014)
- Soldier of light – Cry of Love (2013)
Hyelim (Wonder Girls) Music
- JYP Nation – Encore – “JYP Nation Mix&Match”.
- Wonder Girls – Why So LoneLy – “Why So Lonely”.
- Wonder Girls – To The Beautiful You – “Why So Lonely”.
- Bernard Park and Hyerim – Whit You
- Wonder Girls – OPPA (오빠) – “Reboot”.
- Wonder Girls – Back – “Reboot”.
- Wonder Girls – Candle (feat Fire wave ) – “Reboot” – “Reboot”
- HA:TFELT (Park Ye Eun) Iron Girl (rap) – “Me?”
- Wonder Girls – Act Cool – “Wonder World”.
Hyelim (Wonder Girls) Drama
- Hello Stranger (Web Drama, 2018)
- Touching You (Naver TV, 2016) cameo
Hyelim (Wonder Girls) Advertisement
- 2016: L’Occitane Korea
Hyelim (Wonder Girls) Films
- Like the First (2020)
- Bad Sister (2014)
- The Wonder Girls (2012)
- The Last Godfather (2010) cameo
Hyelim (Wonder Girls) Radio Programs
- 2017: SBS love FM Song Euni, Kim Suk’s Sistar Radio 08.09.16
- 2013-14: SBS English Go! Go!
- 2013-14: Younha’s Starry Night
Hyelim (Wonder Girls) TV Programs
- 2017: KBS WORLD i-DOL SHOW (07.04.17-09.06.17)
- 2016: KBS2 entertainment Relay/Enterview with Leonardo DiCaprio (09/03/16)
- 2013-14: Arirang TV pop in Seoul
- 2020 Topgoal Rhapsody: Can K-pop also be translated? (E Channel) as a judge
- 2020 Don’t Be Jealous (MBC) /main cast with her boyfriend (Shin Min Chul)
- 2015: SBS Kpop Star 11/22/ Guest
- 2016: KBS2 whirlwind Showdown 05/22
- 2017: TvN Taxi (03/15/17)
- 2015: Arirang TV pop in Seoul ep 3000 Special guest
- 2015: One Style the Body Show 2 17/Oct
Hyelim (Wonder Girls) Music Videos
- 2016: J.Y. Park – Fire (feat. Conan O’Brien, Steven Yeun & Park Ji Min)
- 2010: This Christmas – JYP Nation