Heo Young Saeng (SS501) Facts
- K-pop group: SS501
- Sub-unit Double S 301
- Position: Vocalist and Dancer.
- Period of military service 31-October-2013 to 30-July-2015.
- Hyundai High School in Seoul.
- KyungHee Cyber University (Information and Communication Technology).
- Languages: Korean (native language), English (Basic) and Japanese (Basic).
- Religion: Christian.
- Official Fanclub: Y.E.S (Young Saeng’s Eternal Supporters).
- Skills: Piano playing, rapping, great vocal ability for singing and voice imitation
- Hobbies: Computer games, basketball, baseball, soccer, listening to music, photography.
- Motto: Don’t look back after you’ve given your best.”
- Favorite Artist: Shinhwa, H.O.T. and Six gravel, G.o.d..
- Thanks to Hyung Jun had the opportunity to participate in the auditions to be a part of SS501.
- In August 2006, due to some problems with his vocal cords, he had to undergo surgery, which kept him away from the group’s activities for several months and he had to be replaced in the radio program SBS SS501’s Youngstreet.
- He composed a solo song, “사랑인거죠” (Is It Love). this song was written while they were in the activities of SS501 in Japan in 2007.
- In an interview he said that, when he was an apprentice, he was thinking about what he would do if he didn’t make his debut, so he thought about becoming a hairstylist, since he was very good at fixing his hair after he learned.
- He sang the song “Love Like This” from SS501 in an English version.
- In the program Strong Heart he said that he and a friend were thinking of committing suicide in the Han River for personal reasons, but thanks to the cab driver who transported them, he did not do it, since he took them to the Han River Siltation Beach and not to the Han River; once there, they reconsidered and decided not to do it.
- On April 19, 2011, while practicing the choreography of one of his songs, he fractured his hand in the rehearsal room. It was diagnosed that recovery would take about 4 to 5 weeks so the release date of his first solo mini-album was postponed.
- On April 25, 2011, he decided to keep his promise to record “Running Man”, still injured and in a cast.
- Initially, the song with which he debuted Kim Kyu Jong (“Yesterday “) was his, going so far as to record it, but then the company decided to give it to Kyu Jong.
- Young Saeng participated in the planning, adjustments, concept, idea, production, recording and other works of the “SOLO” album.
- In 2013 he debuted in his first musical in Japan “Summer Snow.
- Heo Young Saeng participated as a rapper in the first mini-album by Kim Kyu Jong in the song “My Love.
- On November 21, 2012, he was awarded the Prize for the Practice of Culture and the Arts in the 1st Korea Practice Awards for “influencing the emotions of Korean citizens with joy and hope through their songs.
- He collaborated in the song “Goodbye My Love”/사랑아 , for Lee Jung Bong’s mini-album, called “Love Sha La La La La La La La”, Lee Jung Bong said in an interview for the Naver portal that he believed YS’s voice was “the best in the world”.one of the best voices of the Idol groups “.
- He participated in a Japanese musical called “Summer Snow” the musical was performed entirely in Korean, with Young Saeng playing the role of Yoon Jae (Seiji in the original drama), the doctor who treats the protagonist and ends up falling in love with her, although he is not reciprocated.
- On 25.05.2013 Young Min, Kyu Jong and Kim Hyung Jun attended their fan meeting being, after a year of not seeing each other, the only time that 4 of them were able to meet. That same day they made a video for the 8th anniversary of SS501 to upload it days later on their respective social networks.
- Zafiro Producciones was the production company in charge of his tour in Latin America together with his friend Park Jung Min the first city was Lima (Peru), the next one was Mexico City and the last one was Arequipa (Peru), where they were able to do more sightseeing than in the other cities, they returned to Korea on 08/27/2013.
- Attended the fanmeeting of Kyu Jong to support him even while he is in military service.
- He completed his military service on October 31, 2013 in the Seoul Police Force, where he participated in the artistic events they perform as civil servants in charitable activities. He officially completed his military service on July 30, 2015.
- After his departure from B2M Entertainment officially signed with CI ENT, the same day he graduated from the Seoul Police. He shared on his Instagram a photo where he announced his first activity after his release from military service: Fanmeeting “29.08.15 Hello Again” in Korea and fanmeeting on September 5 in Japan.
- The sub-unit formed by Heo Young Saeng, Kim Kyu Jong and Kim Hyung Jun met on Saturday, January 17, 2015 at the Seoul Police Agency where they performed songs from the group SS501.
- In December 2015 he joined the cast of the musical Haru’ in Japan, where he shared the stage with his colleague and friend Kim Hyung Jun.
- Prosecutors have charged Heo Young Saeng’s former manager, belonging to his former agency B2M Entertainment, with embezzling more than 85 million won (US$73,200).After receiving the proceeds in his personal account, he passed the money on for his own use.In addition to Heo Young Saeng the group of girls SPICA and the singer Eric Nam are also entitled to a share of the money.
- In 2017 he joined the agency KQ Produce.
- His latest single ranked #3 on Hanteo in physical sales.
- I opened and operated YS Company as a solo agency, but recently became a member of Mydoll ent. For reference, it belongs to the Pink Fantasy girl group. However, YS Company itself has been maintained.
About Young Saeng
Debuted on June 8, 2005 as the lead vocalist in the Kpop group SS501 being the last member to join.
2011: Debut as soloist on Mini Album “Let It Go”.
In 2010 he left DSP Media that managed it as part of SS501 and signed a contract with B2M Entertainment, making his solo debut in 2011, that same year through the character of D’Artagnan in “The Three Musketeers”, he made his acting debut in musicals.
His first live performance as a soloist was on the stage of MusicBank on May 13, 2011, with the following songs “Out The Club” and “Let It Go“ despite having an injury in one of his hands.
With his song “Let It Go” he made it to No. 1 on the Hanteo chart with the sales of his album and also No. 1 on the daily chart. He wrote almost all the songs of his 1st Mini-Album, except “Let It Go”.
2012: Second Mini Album “SOLO
In 2012, he came back with his second mini-album, called “SOLO” and its theme song “Crying” the teaser of its first cut was released on May 18, while the album, set for release on May 22, had its first official presentation at the Music Bank show on July 1.
Debut in Japan with their album ‘Over Joyed’.
On September 19, he released his first solo album (and first Japanese-language album), called “Over Joyed” in two editions, a single and a deluxe, which included a DVD of the MV of its first cut “1,2,3” and the Making off the MV was released a day earlier on PonyCanyon’s YouTube account. The song was composed by Anthony Mazza and Shida Kaviani arranged by Joey Carbone and Anthony Mazza.
2013: Third mini album ‘LIFE’.
The album on March 14, “White Day” in Korea.e the MV “The Art of Seduction” ranked first in sales on the Hanteo chart and its MV “The Art of Seduction” ranked 3rd on the Hanteo chart Mnet for several consecutive weeks.
In Hanteo’s list, it ranked 32nd in the best-selling albums in 2013.
In August of the same year, he made his first tour of South America, visiting Mexico and Peru. He traveled together with Park Jung Min but their concerts and fan meetings were separate.
She” special album and entry into military service
Heo Young Saeng enlisted in the military on October 30, 2013; he previously released his special album on October 16 titled. “She” he performed in a final concert called “My History” (26-October-2013), where it was the only time that the five members of SS501 since they left DSP and started their solo careers.
2018: Back with the Single “Dream”
Heo Young Saeng will release his album “Dream” marking his first solo comeback in five years since his last solo album “She” in 2013. Heo Young Saeng’s solo album “Dream; Fly ” will be released on April 8 at 12 p.m. KST.
Heo Young Saeng (SS501) Collaborations
- “Let it Go” ft Park Ju Hyun
- “Rainy Heart” ft Kim Kyu Jong
- “That Man That Woman” ft Lee Hyo Ri
- “My Love” ft Kim Kyu Jong
- “Twist King” ft Kim Hyun Joong
- “Goodbye My Love” ft Lee Jung Bong (이정봉)
Heo Young Saeng (SS501) Drama
- I Need a Fairy (KBS2 ,2012)
- Anycall Haptic Mission (2009) cameo Ep.1
- Boys Over Flowers (KBS2, 2009) cameo Ep. 4
Heo Young Saeng (SS501) Musicals
- 2019 : Every Moment Was You – Korean musical
- 2018 : Around 30 – japanese musical
- 2017: All Shook Up – Korean musical
- 2015: Haru – japanese musical
- 2013: Summer Snow – japanese musical
- 2011 The Three Musketeers – Korean musical
Heo Young Saeng (SS501) Awards
1st Cultural Arts Division of “Korea Grand Prix.
|2016||June 24 MBC’s “duet song festival” award|
|2017||june 08 Luxury Brand Model Special Award|
Heo Young Saeng (SS501) TV Programs
- Nonstop 5 (MBC, 2005) Episode 207
- M! Countdown (Mnet, 2005)
- M!Pick (Mnet, 2005)
- School of Rock (Mnet, 2005)
- Thanks for Waking Me Up (MBC, 2005)
- New X-Man (SBS, 2006)
- Infinity Challenge (MBC, 2006)
- Reds Go Together (Mnet, 2006)
- School of Rock (Mnet, 2006)
- SOS (Mnet, 2006)
- SS501 and Osaka (Mnet, 2006)
- Stalker (Mnet, 2006)
- Super Viking (SBS, 2006)
- Thanks for Raising Me (MBC, 2006)
- Youth Investigates Life (MBC, 2006)
- Big Momma (KBS2, 2007)
- Good Day Special One (MBC, 2007)
- Hanbook Guesting (SBS, 2007)
- KM Idol World (KM, 2007)
- 1000 Song Challenge (SBS, 2007) invited along with Kim Hyung Jun
- Real Story I Am (Airang, 2007)
- The Mission (Mnet Japan, 2007)
- You Can Fly (Mnet, 2007)
- 3 Colored Women (MBC, 2008)
- My Favorite (Mnet, 2008)
- Cab! (TvN,2008)
- We Got Married (MBC, 2008)
- SS501 Champagne (KBS2, 2009)
- Golden Fishery (MBC, 2009)
- Haptic Mission (2009) Samsung Anycall cameo
- Intimate Note 2 (SBS, 2009)
- Kim Jung Eun ‘s Chocolate (SBS, 2009)
- Quiz! Sixth Sense (SBS, 2009)
- Romantic Sky (Mnet, 2009)
- Happy Together 3 (KBS, 2011)
- Running Man (Episode 42) (SBS, 2011) cameo
- God of Cookery Expedition (MBC, 2012) guest
- Immortal Song 2 (KBS, 2012) guest – sang Red Umbrella
- Music & Lyrics 2 (MBC Music,2012) guest, Episode 10
- Star Audition – The Great Birth 3 (MBC, 2013) season 3, Mentor, Episode 12
- After School Club (Arirang TV, 2013) invited along with M.I.B, Episode 2
- 1000 Song Challenge (SBS, 2013) guest
- GOLDEN CAMERA (KBS2, 2013) guest
- Happy Together 3 (KBS, 2013) invited along with Shinhwa
- We Got Married Global Edition (MBC, 2013) special guest for the wedding of Lee Hong Gi and Fujii Mina
- Duet Song Festival (MBC ep. 11,12,13,14 or 15) 2016
- King of Masked Singer (MBC,2016) Episodes 73 and 74
- Singing Battle – Victory (KBS World TV,2016) Episode 9
- Duet Song Festival (MBC,2017) Episode 46
- SBS SS501’s Youngstreet (May ~ August 2006)
Heo Young Saeng (SS501) TV Drama’s
- Only You theme for My Only One (2019)
- Lie theme for A Pledge to God (2019)
- Looking theme for Ruler: Master of the Mask (2017)
- Only You theme for Rude Miss Young-Ae 15 (2016)
- I Can not Forget theme for Blow Breeze (2016)
- Looking Forward To It theme for Rascal Sons (2012)
- Love Song theme for I Need a Fairy OST (2012)
- Sad Song theme for Protect the Boss (2011)
- The Word on My Lips theme for Fermentation Family (2011)
- I love you…I’m sorry theme for Will it Snow for Christmas? (2009)
- I Erase Tears theme for Friend, Our Legend (2009)