Hangeng (Super Junior) Facts
- Ex-Group: Super Junior
- Ex Subgroup: Super Junior M
- Beijing Dance Academy
- Central University for Nationalities (Ballet and Traditional Dance major)
- Fanclub: Gengfans.
- Languages: Chinese, Korean and English.
- Instrument: Piano
- Sports: Swimming, long-distance hiking, and skiing.
- Hobbies: Reading, swimming, listening to music, watching movies and playing computer games.
- Favorite Singers: Wang Leehom, Jason Mraz, Jay Chou, Khalil Fong, Faye Wong, Olivia Ong, Michael Jackson and John Legend.
- Debut: On November 6, 2005, he debuted on SBS’s “Popular Songs/Canciones Populares” program. As a member of Super Junior, he debuted with Super Junior’s first single “TWINS (Knock Out)”.
At the age of 13, he was accepted into the Central University for Nationalities and left Beijing’s Mudanjiang to perfect his art in dance. In December 2001, Han’s friend notified him of a talent search audition to be held in Beijing, and his friend encouraged him to audition. Together they signed up for the H.O.T. CHINA Audition Casting, an audition casting that was organized by the Korean talent agency and SM Entertainment label. The competition was 3000 to 1, and Han had no hope of being selected after the auditions ended. After the audition, Han began working briefly as a cameo actor in low-budget short films in China to earn a salary before entering college. At the end of August 2002, Han was notified that he had been accepted into SM Entertainment. After Han’s graduation from the Central University for Nationalities, he was sent to South Korea and received a scholarship to study at SM Entertainment.
On December 21, 2009, reports have been released saying that Han Geng has officially filed a lawsuit against SM in Seoul District Court. Actually the relationship with SM Entertainment ended, resulting in his separation from Super Junior professional and in turn from the sub-group Super Junior-M. The Seoul Central Court on December 21 has ruled in favor of Hangeng, so he is now a free artist.
- His first appearance was at a Bum Suk fashion show.
- In 2002 he passed the auditions of SM Entertainment in China, being the only one chosen among 3000, so he traveled to Korea.
- In 2003 he came to Korea for private lessons in singing, dancing and acting, and a year later he joined other trainees.
- Henry Lau he stated that he would sneak into his room and steal his underwear.
- He was one of the 4 main dancers of Super Junior
- He bought his parents a restaurant.
- His first love was at the age of 19.
- His dream is to own his own business and to act.
- Heechul took to giving Disney names to everyone in the group and he got ‘Mulan’ because he was Chinese like the character.
- He carried the Olympic flame at the 2008 Beijing games.
- He fainted during the recording of a program when he fell from a height of 5 meters, due to the impact, luckily the incident did not become major and he was able to continue with his activities. 
- In Super Junior, he was the closest to Heechul and fans called them as HanChul couple.
- He suffered from a poisoning attempt by an anti-fan who posed as a fan of his and gave a box of cake to a staff member who passed it to Han Geng. After opening it, the staff saw that the box contained bags of blood, a knife and a stabbed photo of Han Geng. It was also confirmed that the cake contained poison in powder form.
- On December 21, 2009, reports have been released saying Han Geng, has officially filed a lawsuit against SM in the Seoul District Court once this news was released, the level of this “explosion” was no less than in the previous case of TVXQ (DBSK) which is going through the same problem
- For the release of his first album The Heart of Geng was produced by American producer Craig Williams and Dutch producer Rene Van Verseveld. Travis Payne and Stacey Walker, along with Michael Jackson’s “This Is It” dancers, participated in the creation of the song’s choreography.
- The Heart of Geng topped several major music charts across Asia, and sold over 350,000 copies in just 2 months after its release. A special celebratory version of the album was released on October 1 with a limited number of 20,000 copies. Thanks to the success of the album he performed his first two solo concerts in Beijing on July 17 and 18, 2010.
- became an ambassador for Expo Shanghai 2010 and the 2010 Asian Games.
- He was selected to travel into space.
- The movie in which it stars, “So Young,” which was released in April 2013, enters the Top Ten of all time in China. After three weeks in theaters, “So Young” (致我們終將逝去的青春) is now the 10th biggest opening, generating RMB655.5 million ($107 million) for Thursday night.
- He was nominated in “2013 World Music Awards (WMA)” in the categories: Best World Video, Best World Male Artist, & Best Artist of the Year.
- In 2013, Han participated in MTV EXIT’s anti-human trafficking campaign as a special presenter of Human Traffic: China a 36-minute documentary aimed at raising awareness to help prevent human trafficking in China.
- In 2013, Han launched his own brand of customized phones, known as the “Geng Phone”.
- On May 16, 2014, Han appeared at the New York Stock Exchange to ring the opening bell as a shareholder of Jumei International Holding Limited. He is the first Chinese artist to ring the opening or closing bell at the NYSE as a shareholder.
- On September 24, 2014, Han launched his eyewear brand “Burqa Angel”.
- In August 2015, it was reported that he made a donation to those affected by the Tianjin explosion one million yuan (approx. $156,000 USD) and expressed his sincere heart to the victims of the tragedy. Hangeng’s official Weibo expressed:”Hangeng decided to donate one million yuan to help the victims of the Tianjin explosion. He is currently promoting abroad, but he is praying for all the victims. “Your agency also gave official statements saying: “We will make sure that the one million Yuan is spent effectively. Hangeng and his agency will continue to keep this tragedy in mind. “.
- He would like to learn about the Egyptian pyramids, mummies and everything related to Egypt.
- He is close to the actress Wang Li Kun with whom he acted in the movie Ex-Files in 2014.
- He has recorded 2 songs with Jane Zhang.
- On June 21, 2019, it was reported that Hangeng registered in Hong Kong his marriage to his girlfriend Celina Jade, who is an actress, singer-songwriter, model and martial artist. Hangeng had revealed their relationship the previous year via Weibo.
Hangeng (Super Junior) Drama
- Hard Memory (BTV/Bilibili TV, TBA)
- Crossroad Bistro (iQiyi, 2021)
- Glory and Dreams (BTV, 2021)
- The Heritage (Youku, 2020)
- Still Not Enough (Zhejiang TV/Mango TV, 2020)
- Still Not Enough (Zhejiang TV, 2020)
- Stage of Youth (CCTV, 2009)
- Nonstop 6 (MBC, 2005) guest
Hangeng (Super Junior) Films
- The Great Detective (2019)
- Looking for Rohmer (2018)
- Ex-Files 3: The Return of the Exes (2017).
- The Founding of an Army (2017)
- The Wasted Times (2016)
- A Chinese Odyssey: Part Three (2016)
- Sweet Sixteen (2016)
- Stand by Me Doraemon (2015) Voice
- Ever Since We Love (2015)
- The Taking of Tiger Mountain (2014)
- One Day (2014)
- Transformers 4: Age of Extinction (2014) Cameo
- Ex-Files (2014)
- You Don’t Need Eyes to See (2013)
- So Young (2013)
- Bring Happiness Home (2013)
- Sun Yat-Sen (2011)
- My Kingdom (2011)
- Beginning of the Great Revival (2011)
- Attack On The Pin-Up Boys (2007)
Hangeng (Super Junior) Awards
Hangeng (Super Junior) TV Programs
- Street Dance of China 4 (Youku, 2021)
- Happy C& (Hunan TV, 29.08.2020)
- Street Dance of China 2 (Youku, 2019)
- Street Dance of China (Youku, 2018)
- Happy C& (Hunan TV, 17/01/15)
- Wo Music (06/12/14) [As Judge].
- Star Golden Bell (KBS, 2009, Ep. 229)
- Come to Play (MBC, 2009, Ep. 231)
- Intimate Note (SBS, 2009, Ep. 24-25)
- Explorers of the Human Body (SBS, 2007-2008)
- YaShimManMan Season 1 (SBS, 2007, Ep. 232) Con Kim Hee Chul
- Mystery 6 (Mnet, 2006)
- Super Junior Adonis C& (KM, 2006) [Cameo].
- Super Junior Full House (SBS, 2006)
- Real Romance Love Letter Season 3 (SBS, 2006)
- Super Junior Show (KM, 2005-2006)
- X-Man – theme for ‘XTEP Summer Sports TVC’ (2013)
Hangeng (Super Junior) TV Drama’s
- Dreams of Youth theme for Stage of Youth (2008)
- Everything Grows (Everything Grows) theme for “Ever Since We Love” (2015, together with Jane Zhang)
- Shell Shoked his for “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” (2014)
- 谁 Control (Who’s in Control) theme for “Transformers 4: Age of Extinction” (2014).
- That Girl theme for “The EXfiles” (2014)
- Cloud Atlas theme for “Cloud Atlas” (2013)
- Like a Dream subject for My Kingdom (2011)
Hangeng (Super Junior) Music Videos
- Various artists “孩子 (Children)” (2011)
- “I am a Flame” From the Asian Games (2010).
- “Beijing Welcomes You” – Various artists (100 days countdown to the Beijing Olympics) (2008).
- Zhang Liyin “The Left Shore of Happiness” (2008)
- Zhang Liyin “I WILL” (2008)
- Zhang Liyin (Feat. Xiah Junsu of JYJ) “Timeless” (2006)