Han Dong-geun Career
Birth Of A Great Star 3 winner Han Dong Geun has decided to join Pledis Entertainment, and is preparing for his official debut. Pledis approached Han Dong Geun because of his powerful voice and musical abilities. For fans who are worried about the possible change in style, Pledis added, “His album will be planned to maintain his unique and original color. He will release his first digital single, “Trying to Rewrite the End of this Novel”, on September 30. It has been a couple of years since he won on the singing show, and he will be back better than ever with his amazing singing!.
Han Dong-geun Facts
- Han Dong Geun was the first male soloist in PLEDIS.
- He made an appearance on the music program Music Core where he performed the song “My love by my side”.
- He was in the MBC Gayo Daejun 2013 together with Son Jin Young and Park Soo Jin singing “Scar Deeper than Love”.
- PLEDIS uploaded a video on its official Youtube account of Han Dong Geun’s cover of Frozen’s “Let it Go”.
- After 2 years, Han Dong Geun returns with his 3rd Digital Single with the title “Amazing You” on August 24, 2016.
- Unexpectedly their first single titled “Making a New Ending For This Story” quickly rose to the top of music sites, also reaching #1 on the Melon chart.
- His first official appearance on a music program was on “Show Champion” since his debut.
- Several artists congratulated him on Instagram for his comeback and also for being positioned in several music sites.
- In Happy Together, he confessed that he suffered from Epilepsy (which is a disease in the brain, when a person is under a lot of stress, the brain cells become damaged, so the brain sends an abnormal signal that causes repeated seizures) and that this caused him to have certain episodes of memory loss. For example, he attended King of Mask Singer however, he woke up in the bathroom after a seizure and did not remember being on that program, so he found out later when he watched it. He also said that for the past few years the episodes of memory loss have become more frequent and that the more episodes happen, the more brain cells die. DongGeun said he was being medicated for it and that he has not had another seizure or memory loss since that day.
- On September 5, 2018, News1 reported that police had caught the singer driving under the influence of alcohol. The incident took place on July 30 at 11 p.m. KST in the Bangbae-dong neighborhood in Seoul. When caught by police, Han Dong Geun admitted to the offense and cooperated with investigations. His agency, Pledis Entertainment, later issued an apology and reported that their artist will stop all activities to take time for self-reflection.
- On December 20, 2019, it was announced that Han Dong Geun parted ways with Pledis Entertainment as his exclusive contract expired and he decided not to renew.
- On December 26, it was announced that he signed a contract with Brand New Music, due to his deep trust with producers Rhymer and Xepy, who already produced some of his hit songs such as “Making a New Ending for This Story” and “Amazing You”.
Han Dong-geun Collaborations
- San E – 시작만 있고 끝은 없다면 (Feat. Han Dong Geun) (2021) (2021) (2021).
- Young Ah, Han Dong Geun – Between Us… (2015)
- Han Dong Geun Solo Concert “Your Diary” 2017
- 02 and 03 June – Seoul, South Korea – KT & G Sangsangmadang Daechi Art Hall
Han Dong-geun Awards
Han Dong-geun TV Programs
- Sing Again 2 (jTBC, 2022)
- Immortal Songs 2: Kim Ki Pyo Special (KBS, 09.09.2017)
- Weekly Idol (MBC, 2017) (besides Raina, NU’EST W and Han Dong Geun)
- Secret Variety Training Institute (MBC, 05/05/17)
- Duet Song Festival (MBC, 2016)
- Immortal Songs 2 (KBS, 12/11/2016).
- Birth Of A Great Star 3 (MBC, 2013)
Han Dong-geun TV Drama’s
- That Person theme for Undercover (2021)
- Remember Your Day theme for Oh My Ladylord (2021)
- A Wishless Mind subject for When I Was Most Beautiful (2020)
- If You Just Love subject for When My Love Blooms (2020)
- You Are at the End of my Day theme for Live (2018)
- Wherever It Is theme for Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth (2016)