Eunji (Apink) Facts
- Group Apink
- Position: Vocalist and Dancer.
- Voice type Lyric soprano
- Rank: C#3 ~ A6 (3 octaves and 4 notes)
- Register: G3/G#3 ~ C#5/D5
- It has a supported range of G3/G#3 ~ C#5/D5 with great resonance in the A4 ~ D5 and considerable ease in the lower register.
- Training period: 2 months.
- Religion: Protestant Christian.
- Languages: Korean (native language), Japanese (fluent) and English (intermediate).
- Hapdo Kindergarten, Shinjae Elementary School
- Jaesong Girls’ Middle School
- Hyehwa Girls’ High School
- Specialty: Plan.
- Favorite Movie: Bruce Almighty.
- Favorite colors Red, green and blue.
- Her birth name is Hye Rim, but her parents changed it to Eun Ji when she grew up.
- She won 3rd place as Miss Idol Korea 2012.
- She practiced Taekwondo behind her mother’s back when she was young.
- She has stated on numerous occasions that her original dream was to become a vocal coach. However, after she passed the audition to be the lead vocalist of Apink instead, she decided to pursue a career as an idol.
- She was the fourth confirmed member of Apink according to reports, her audition impressed the company so much that they immediately decided to make her the lead vocalist of the group.
- In her pre-debut, her agency uploaded a video in which she could be seen singing the song “I Love You I Do “Jennifer Hudson, in which she demonstrated the unique and powerful sound of her voice, with which she was able to impress Internet users.
- She composed and produced her debut mini album ‘Dream’.
- Occasionally Ha Young mentioned that Eun Ji has been like a mother to her since her debut.
- Her best friend in the group is Bo Mi on numerous occasions she has mentioned that when she feels tired or stressed she is Bo Mi who gives her strength to do the job, that’s why she chose her as her favorite member in the group. They even have couple rings with “Jung & Yoon” engraved on them.
- She achieved a perfect All-Kill on her solo debut with “Hopefully Sky”.
- She said she wrote the lyrics to “Hopefully Sky” with her father in mind, who is currently in Turkmenistan working to support her family, and presented the lyrics written by her to her as a birthday gift.
- Her song “Hopefully Sky” is in the Top 20 best songs of 2016.
- Currently, she lives alone in an apartment in the same building as Cho Rong and Bo Mi
- She mentioned that her professional trainer wants her to have Kim Kardashian’s body, hence her nickname “Jung Kardashian” so she said she was working hard for it and the other members told her to stop as she already has a beautiful body.
- In an interview for CeCi Magazine, she revealed that in 2016 she suffered from depression and made a great effort to get through it.
- Eun Ji injured her back during preparations for a concert to be held at the Apink in Vietnam in 2017, since then she has repeatedly stated that herniated disc has worsened, preventing her in some cases from performing strong dance performances, but always performing professionally.
About Jung Eun Ji
Jung Eun Ji was born in Haeundae, Busan. She attended Hapdo Kindergarten, Shinjae Elementary School, Jaesong Girls High School and Hyehwa Girls High School.
In 2004, she won first prize on KBS’s Exciting Day Enjoyable Day. In November 2010, she auditioned for Cube Entertainment although her initial dream was to be a vocal coach, at her audition she was confirmed as the group’s lead vocalist Apink after only receiving six months of dance training in order to improve her skills and make her debut.
In March 2011, she was revealed as the fourth member of Apink through an online video of her cover of Jennifer Hudson’s “Love You I Do.” She joined the rest of the group to film Apink News before debuting. On April 21, 2011, she made her debut as lead vocalist of Apink on M! Countdown..
She made her acting debut in Reply 1997, playing the female lead, a die-hard H.O.T. fan who becomes a TV drama writer. She was complimented by critics and audiences for her comedic and emotional acting, as well as her authentic Busan dialect.
She was cast in a supporting role in That Winter, the Wind Blows [For her role, she won the Best Performance Award at the 2nd APAN Star Awards and the New Star Award at the SBS Drama Awards.
In 2014, she was the latest actress to be confirmed as part of the cast of KBS drama, ‘Trot Lovers’. Where she played the role of Choi Choon Hee, a girl whose mother was a singer of the Trot genre. She also dreams of being a famous singer. Although she is blessed with enormous vocal talent, her family is poor and she has to work to support her father and younger brother.
In 2015, she played the female lead in KBS2 drama Cheer Up! playing the role of Kang Yeon Du an active, honest, popular and extremely loyal being. However, after entering her new school she becomes a bad student.
In 2017, she was cast in JTBC’s Untouchable, an action drama set in Bukcheon, a fictional city, and plays a prosecutor named Seo Yi Ra.
In 2018, she participated in the horror film 0.0MHz alongside INFINITE’s Sung Yeol, based on the webtoon of the same name.
Debut as a musical actress
She first performed in the musical of the Korean version of the Hollywood movie-turned-musical Legally Blonde, playing the lead role of Elle Woods. The musical ran from November 16, 2012 to March 17, 2013.
In 2014, she starred in the musical Full House and played Han Ji Eun, the musical gave its first performance on April 11.
In 2020, she was part of the cast of “Natasha, Pierre & the Great Comet of 1812” playing Natasha, an innocent and charming young woman who misses her fiancé who went to war.
2016: Debut as a solo artist with her first mini-album “Dream”.
On April 7, Play M Entertainment confirmed that Eun Ji would be making her solo debut by releasing her first mini-album “Dream” the album contains a total of six tracks, the title track being “Hopefully Sky”.
“Hopefully Sky” was a gift from the production team, Duble Sidekick. Eun Ji personally wrote the lyrics of the song and is inspired by her father, who works abroad to support her family. It also features Hareem, who played harmonica in the background.
The promotions of “Hopefully Sky” were held on April 21 on Mnet’s M! Countdown, followed by SBS’s Inkigayo, MBC’s Show Champion, KBS’s Music Bank and SBS MTV’s The Show. she also performed the b-side “Love is Like The Wind” along with the title song.
On April 18, the song “Hopefully Sky” climbed to the top spot on eight different music sites and remained in first place on MelOn.
The mini-album sold more than 30,000 copies in its first month of release and the song reached the number 3 spot on the Gaon Digital Chart.
On June 7, Play M Entertainment released a statement “We created an LP (vinyl/acetate record) version of Jung Eun Ji’s first mini album, “Dream” and it will be sold through a pre-order format. We are releasing this LP version in order to commemorate the end of activities for Jung Eun Ji’s first solo album.”.
According to Play M Entertainment, pre-orders will be taken online for approximately two weeks and only the number of pre-ordered copies will be produced.
2017: Back with her second mini-album “The Space”.
On March 31, Play M Entertainment released a statement “Jung Eun Ji has confirmed her comeback date for April 10 and is finalizing preparations, details of her concept will be revealed at a later date.”.
On April 3 at midnight KST, a teaser image for her second mini-album was revealed “The Space” which will be launched on April 10 at noon KST.
The mini-album features five tracks in total, including a title track “The Spring” in collaboration with Hareem.
“The Spring” is a folk pop song that reminds us of a past love in springtime. In the music video, Eun Ji is a lonely cab driver. Looking at the various couples getting into her cab, she recalls the good times she shared with her ex-boyfriend.
Back with the digital single “Manito”.
Eun Ji unveiled the single “Manito” september 9 at 6 PM KST “Manito” is a song with a lovely acoustic sound. The title, “Manito.” is a play on 2 Korean terms, mani meaning “a lot” and tto the lyrics will be about an innocent girl confessing her love.
2018: Back with her Third Mini-Album “Hyehwa”.
On August 27, a source at her agency said “Jung Eun Ji will release a solo album this October.Specific details about the album’s format and its streaming activities have not yet been decided.This album is especially significant because Jung Eun Ji produced it herself.Please look forward to Jung Eun Ji, who has grown more as an artist.”.
On September 20, Play M Entertainment revealed “Fans] will be able to see Jung Eun Ji’s image as an artist through this album. As it has been a year and four months since her last comeback, Jung Eun Ji is pouring her heart into the preparations for the album.”.
In addition, Eun Ji participated in writing and/or composing seven of the eight tracks on her album. She also received help from various artists.
On October 17, Eun Ji released her third mini-album “Hyehwa” which contains eight songs in total, with the title song being “Being There”.
The name of her solo album “Hyehwa” means “a flower that shines with stars.” Previously, she revealed that this word was used to refer to the wonderful youth that she wants to comfort and sympathize with her music. she also said that she wants to dedicate the song to all those who live separated from their family.
“Being There” is a folk pop ballad and the lyrics could be interpreted as a love song.
2019: Collaboration with 10cm for “Be With Me”.
It was announced that Eun Ji was planning to release “Be With Me” in collaboration with 10cm on April 30 at 6 PM KST.
“Be With Me” was composed by Eun Ji with the help of BEOMXNANG and Byun Moo Hyuk. The lyrics of the song are full of the illusion of a relationship that has just begun, it is about a soft love, like the time of spring. A daily love, where the little things are the ones that fill the life of the lovers with joy and emotion.
2020: Back with her fourth mini-album “Simple”. &
On June 23, a Play M Entertainment agency source shared “Jung Eun Ji will release her solo album in mid-July. We plan to reveal the detailed timeline and what form the album will take after further discussion.”.
On July 3 KST, the promotion schedule for her comeback was revealed, announcing that she will return with her fourth mini-album “Simple” which will be released on July 15 at 6 PM KST.
The mini-album includes a total of six songs, all with lyrics written by Eun Ji. She also participated in the composition of the sixth song, “A Slow Child”.
“AWay” was composed and arranged by Kim Yeon Seo and minGtion. Eun Ji wrote the lyrics of the song, which expresses the hopes of escaping for a while.
Eunji (Apink) Advertisement
- 2018: Nike
- 2018: CeCi
- 2017 Giverny by InStyle (June)
- 2015 M-Limited (with Si Wan)
- 2014: M-Limited (with Na Eun)
- 2013: Fanta
- 2013: Hazzys (with Na Eun)
- 2012-2013: Sudden Attack (with Na Eun)
Eunji (Apink) Collaborations
- Huh Gak – Let you go (Duet with Jung Eun Ji) (2019).
- MC Mong – Visual Gangster (feat. Eun Ji) (2016).
- Hanhae – Eyescream (feat. Eun Ji) (2016).
- Kang Ho Dong – One Minute Ago (feat. Eun Ji) (2013)
- Huh Gak – Knowing We Are Going To Break Up (feat. Eun Ji) (2013)
Eunji (Apink) Music
- Jung Eun Ji 3rd Concert “YEOREUM.I” 2019
- august 03 and 04 – Seoul, South Korea – Sangmyung Arts Center
- 17 August – Busan, South Korea – Sohyang Theater
- Jung Eun Ji 2nd Concert “Hyehwa Station 2018
- May 04 – Taipei, China- the Legacy MAX in Taipei
- May 18 and 19 – Hong Kong, China – MacPherson Stadium
- June 09 – Singapore – Zepp @ Bigbox
- july 13 and 14 – Seoul, South Korea – Ewha Women’s University Samsung Hall
- November 28th and 29th – Tokyo, Japan – Shibuya Owada Sakura Hall
- Jung Eun Ji 1st Concert “Attic” 2017
- 03, 04 & 05 June – Seoul, South Korea – Ewha Women’s University Samsung Hall
Eunji (Apink) Drama
- Work Later, Drink Now (TVING, 2021)
- Backstreet Rookie (SBS, 2020) Ep. 1
- Untouchable (jTBC, 2017)
- Cheer Up! (KBS2, 2015)
- Trot Lovers (KBS2, 2014)
- Respond 1994 (tvN, 2013) Ep.16, 17 and 21
- That Winter, The Wind Blows (SBS, 2013)
- Respond 1997 (tvN, 2012)
Eunji (Apink) Musicals
- 2020: Great Comet
- 2014: Full House
- 2012: Legally Blonde
Eunji (Apink) Films
- 0.0MHz (2019)
- Ozzy (Voice of Carrie) (2017)
- Saving Santa (Voice of Shiny) (2017).
Eunji (Apink) Awards
Eunji (Apink) Radio Programs
- KBS Cool FM Eunji’s Music Plaza (2019-2020)
Eunji (Apink) TV Programs
- New Music Show Good Gayo (tvN, 2019)
- Food Bless You (OliveTV, 2019)
- I Live Alone (MBC, 2018)
- Life Bar (TvN, 2018) with. Cho Rong
- Wednesday Food Talk (TvN, 2018) besides Nam Joo
- One Night Food Trip (TvN, 2018)
- Two Yoo Project – Sugar Man (JTBC, 2018)
- Running Man (SBS, 2017) ep. 364 special appearance
- JYP’s Party People (SBS, 2017)
- Run to You (1THEK, 2017).
- The Show Fan PD (SBS, 2017)
- KRush (KBS, 2017)
- Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook (KBS, 2017)
- Happy Together (KBS, 2017)
- Let’s eat dinner together (JTBC, 2017) with. Na Eun
- Hello Counselor (KBS, 2017) with. Bo Mi
- Crime Scene 3 (jTBC, 2017).
- Yoo Hyeol’s Sketchbook (KBS, 2017)
- Duet Song Festival (MBC, 2017)
- Law of the Junglenew Zealand Edition 2 (2017)
- Goosami (93) & The Chocolate Factory with Bo Mi (2017)
- We Got Marriedcon Apink (MBC, 2017 ep 359-360)
- Scene Stealer with Ha Young (SBS, 2017)
- Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbooktogether with Bo Mi (KBS, 2017)
- Apink’s Extreme Adventure (2016)
- Battle Trip (KBS, 2016) besides Bo Mi
- Happy Together 3 (KBS2, 2016) together with Nam Joo
- Duet Song Festival (MBC, 2016)
- Two Yoo Project – Sugar Man (JTBC, 2016)
- Off To School (jTBC, 2015)
- Dating Alone ch 1 (JTBC, 2015)
- Immortal Songs 2 (KBS2, 2014)
- Running Mancap 218 (SBS, 2014)
- Running Mancap 162 (SBS, 2013)
- We Got Married (MBC, 2013) special appearance
- Barefoot Friends (SBS, 2013)
- M! Countdown (Mnet, 2012)
- A Pink News Season 3 (TrendE, 2012)
- Idol Championship “Alkkagi (MBC, 2012) Lunar New Year Special
- Idol Star Athletics (MBC, 2012) Lunar New Year Special
- Birth of a Family (KBS2, 2011)
- Sydney Sunshine (Lifetime, 2019)
Eunji (Apink) TV Drama’s
- Cup a Life theme for Work Later, Drink Now (2021)
- To Me theme for Start-Up (2020)
- Wind Blows theme for Suits (2018)
- You’re My Garden theme for Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (2017)
- A Love Before theme for Entertainers (2016)
- With You theme for Trot Lovers (2014)
- It’s You theme for 3 Days (2014)
- Just The Way We Love (together with Seo In Guk) theme for Respond 1997 (2012)
- All For You (besides Seo In Guk) theme for Respond 1997 (2012)
- Pet Ozzy theme for Ozzy (2017)
- Do or Die (together with Su Ho) theme for Saving Santa (2013)
Eunji (Apink) Music Videos
- 2017: Huh Gak – Miss You